Ally
Gandalf's Beard
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 30 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:09 am

Here' a clip from one of the missing episodes. The 2nd Doctor meets one of what will be a long line of meglomaniac bad guys!

And here's Neil Gaiman with his favourite episodes of series 6.

And as a special treat to top it off here's the 3 sneak peak clips from the xmas episode. Obviously as they are clips from the episode they contain spoilers.

Now series 6 has been finished a while time to reflect. What's your fav episode of the last series?
I'm torn between The Doctor's Wife and the Girl Who Waited. Just can't make up my mind.

Here's Mr Tardis's Review of the Girl Who Waited. Contains spoilers, don't watch if you havent seen the ep.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Karen Gillan stars in a biopic of 60's model Jean Shrimpton charting her affair with photographer David Baiey. Its on BBC4 next month and is really just an excuse for putting up a pic. Very Happy (And it makes my current sig look particularly relevant!)
Doctor Who - Page 30 05f35b49-532_1422998a

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 am

Karen and Arthur are leaving Doctor Who! affraid They will be written out next series, according to BBC Breakfast news.
She always said she wanted to be killed off rather than just leave so I expect a weepy exit. Crying or Very sad
Companions come and go, it's the nature of the show, but I'll miss those two more than I have any of the others since the relaunch.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 am

No happily ever afters for Companions (or this one, anyway)? Despite watching only a little bit of Who, I did like Karen Gillan in it. I didn't see enough to really develop a connection with her character, but she's also the only Companion I have any familiarity with. Neutral
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:43 am

Sometimes- but not often. It usually ends badly for the Doctor- he dumped Amy and Rory at the end of last season on the basis that if he didn't it would end with him standing over her or Rory's broken body- because it nearly always does.

Amy: Even so, it can't happen like this. After everything we've been through, Doctor. Everything. You can't just drop me off at my house and say goodbye like we shared a cab.

The Doctor: What's the alternative? Me standing over your grave? Over your broken body. Over Rory's body.

-The God Complex

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 am

In tribute to Karen and Arthur here's The Girl Who Waited, watch will you can before it diappears.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:25 am

And here's the Gaiman episode The Doctor's Wife- enjoy these now because they will get pulled. No excuses now Eldo!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:28 am

I watched the start of The Doctor's Wife before but found it incredibly weird without being familiar with the show. Might give it another try when I have more time. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:34 am

Try the girl who waited-self contained and very good, superb perfomrances all around. And doesn't require any prior knowledge. The Doctor's Wife, whilst brilliant is more one for the fans.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:39 am

Or you could start with beginning of series 6- The Impossible Astronaut- not sure how good a starting point it is but this is the series that was the biggest in the US so far so must be an ok starting point if Americans could follow it from this point! Very Happy

Good place for anyone else who hasn't given Who a go to jump on too- looking at you Mrs Figgs, and Orwell. I will convert you all to Whovians yet!

Good news on the Doctor Who film- the first bit of good news about it in fact, news which should make it all alright. I hope.
This from a radio interview with Moffat on the BBC;

'Steven Moffat was a guest (alongside Matt Smith!) this afternoon on BBC Radio 5 Live's Richard Bacon Show, during which the question of the potential "reboot" film being made came up; he responded:
David (Yates) was talking a little out of turn, there; a very, very brilliant director but no the film as described by him, of course we're not going to do that - a film that contradicts the television series, it would be a heathen thing to do ... I would be beheaded to do such a thing!

It would be wonderful to do a Doctor Who film, but when and if we did - and hopefully we will be doing it - it will be very much an offshoot of the television series and we'll be part of it, and it will star the television Doctor, of course - anything else would be heresy!'

Well said that man! Nod If you're in th euk you can listen to it on the i-player here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b017wyt7/Richard_Bacon_Doctor_Who_special/

or altrenatively you can see the podcast on youtube here: (sound and visuals were out of synch when I watched it, but doesnt really matter as its radio! Their love of all things Who doesn't half shine through)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:20 pm

I am a total Dr Who fan, always have been since I was 6 years old, but I have to say my absolute favorites are Eccleston as the 9th Doctor, and Rose Tyler, I suppose its because he is Northern, more my age range, he is very handsome and I like his brooding bits and almost childlike enthusiasm, I also like Rose the best as an assistant, I find her very real and sassy, I have watched the recent Doctor but I find him a bit boring, sorry, oops what HAVE I said? EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!! Ruuuuunnnnnn!!!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Run indeed Mrs Figgs! Are you mad? Boring? Compared to po-faced Eccleston and 'ooh-ahhh'- gurner Tennant? Clearly you need to watch Lets Kill Hitler or the The Wedding of River Song and get some in no way at all boring, completely bonkers Who in your system!
Its odd really, I watched some Tennant Who recently and found his Doctor exceptionally dull after having got used to Smith's 'alieness'. It didn't help I was never a fan of RTD's writing style. I'm amazed you could find Smith's portrayal boring. I'm almost afraid to ask for your reasons, but its such an alien notion to me that you could find him boring that I have to ask why, so do tell.
Rose never felt like a real person to me, no layers or depth to her.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:17 pm

ok ok not boring exactly keep your kilt on, but I did watch an episode, the one with the scary jack in boxes, cant remember what episodes called, but I just wasnt enthralled by him AT ALL, not interested in him or really fussed. Its gut instinct I am going on here, nothing I can put my finger on, he was certainly A Doctor, but just not MY doctor, he seems too young, its all personal taste I suppose, I didnt get that sense of "bloody hell I really wish I was his assistant" like I did with Eccleston, weird huh?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Weird indeed Mrs Figg! Maybe this will help- a young Matt Smith being ancient and conveying the age of a Time Lord rather well I thought.

Or this scene:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Sorry still not convinced, lets just put it this way if one day I was walking down the street and Eccleston walked up to me and said "Would you follow me through space and time?" I would say Yes. But if this Matt kid asked me I would say No.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Are you thinking with your hormones only Mrs Figg? Very Happy Smith's Doctor is so much more fun, and energetic, and full of child-like wonder again. Like the Doctor of old, pre-Time War. Ecclestons Doctor was a grief stricken tormented soul.
You'd have a lot more fun with Smith.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 pm

You'd really say no to this Doctor if it were you? I don't believe you Mrs Figg!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:38 pm

ok it is probably my hormones talking, but I like the grief struck miserable side of Ecclestons character, its all a bit Mr Rochester, and he was also fun you know, he had a devil may care side too I remember, specially when they meet Captain Jack and he gets a bit jealous, I suppose Eccleston is a more Romantic Doctor, as in tortured hero, not romantic as in mills and Boon, he is defo my favorite, and I definately would. and call me old fashioned but if you follow a guy across the universe you have to fancy him a bit? and if I fancied Matt they would arrest me, he is old enough to be my son, if i had one. and i know he is 900 years old, but its still yucky.

cat

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:43 pm

I much prefer Eccleston to Tennant. Of old Who my first place switches between Tom Baker and Patrick Troughto. But Smith tops my list. He combines the best features of them all for me. And when he is emotional it seems so genuine, and raw. Not overblown and angsty.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:54 pm

yes its definately quieter more subtle acting than Tennant, I was never really keen on him.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:43 pm

A discerning eye Mrs Figgs after all. I may forgive your slur on Mr Smith, the finest Doctor. The amount of times I hear, mostly female fans it has to be said, bemoaning the loss of Tennant makes me despair. (His Hamlet however was excellent)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 pm

I used to think Tennant was the best, but my mind has changed over to Matt Smith. And I liked the angsty sad tortured soul thing too Mrs. Figg, but after a while, I feel like it was getting old. Yes, we know he's the last timelord. Yes, we know he's lonely. Quit dwelling on it!!!

Besides, on another note, you've gotta love Rory I love you

Doctor Who - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:23 am

Wisdom from the monarchy as always. Very Happy And Rory is a likeable chap indeed.
Watched any of the three recommended episodes above yet Eldo? Go on dip in.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:24 am

Not yet Petty, I was too busy today watching the second Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey, Jr. Doctor Who - Page 30 Emot-smugdogshades
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:26 am

Oh dear. When you could have been watching something good as well. Ah well nows your chance. I' recommend going for impossible astronaut as a starting point, being the begining of a series and all.
And yes I will just keep on at you until you've watched a few so you may as well just give in and get on with it. You can always thank me later. Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next