Ally
Gandalf's Beard
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who Empty Doctor Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 am

I realize this wasn't the most popular thread on the old forum but its in my contract as a Whovian to spread the word wherever I go.
And the new series is not far off. bounce
So as a timely reminder here's the trailer for it.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:11 am

Removed in case of copyright!

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:25 am

Brilliant Petty. You can always count on me to help keep this thread going. I should have plenty of time tomorrow to find all those cool Youtube versions of the Dr Who theme song. I can't wait to repost them right on the board. Very Happy

GB
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Good stuff GB. Converts shall be made. I will leave finding funky themes to you then.
In the meantime here's a nice fan made vid using music and visuals from the show and some good dialogue filling in the Doctors background.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm

The Original:

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

Doctor Who Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 pm

The Ultimate Mix of all versions pre-Matt Smith:

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:33 pm

Rock Version:

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Heavy Metal version:

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Celtic Legacy's Metal version:

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:05 pm

One of the many Trance/Techno remixes:

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:12 pm

A classic rock version:

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Dr Who Ambient version:

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

And of course the classic Pink Floyd song One of these days which is a riff on the Dr Who theme:

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 am

Sterling work GB- a Who theme for every occasion and mood! Very Happy

I found this rather nice fan trailer for arguably the best of the Dalek stories, Genesis of the Daleks, captures it nicely.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Sadly thanks to potential worries over copyright I've had to retract the link for the Doctor Who episode.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Gandalf's Beard wrote:And of course the classic Pink Floyd song One of these days which is a riff on the Dr Who theme:

GB

I think I have this song on vinyl... I'm off to check my Pink Floyd records!

By the way, Eldo, how have you never seen DW? Shocked Sometimes It's like people from America are living in a different country than me! Rolling Eyes

edit: Unfortunately I don't have Meddle on record! Mad Still a great song though, thanks for posting! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Ally wrote:
Gandalf's Beard wrote:And of course the classic Pink Floyd song One of these days which is a riff on the Dr Who theme:

GB

By the way, Eldo, how have you never seen DW? Shocked Sometimes It's like people from America are living in a different country than me! Rolling Eyes

edit: Unfortunately I don't have Meddle on record! Mad Still a great song though, thanks for posting! Very Happy

Cheers! Anytime Ally. Very Happy I don't know if you can still find vinyl. I have one of course because I'm old. But you might be able to find it on CD. Oh...wait, that's for fogey's too. Erm...I think Pink Floyd have finally been persuaded to release their material online as individual songs to buy. They've been holding out because they only wanted to release entire albums (because they're concept albums see).

Anyway, you should be able to download to your Ipod...wait...I'm being paged....what's that?....Ipods are obsolete already????? Erm...I think you can download to your I-Phone. Suspect

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Being a fan of Doctor Who since David Tennant's first year, I was a bit miffed when he left. There was that one sad episode when Rose left Sad Sad Sad , and that is the only ever T.V episode I ever cried at. (Unlike my mum, who will cry at almost everything) But, I was very impressed by Matt Smith's performances and the all too famous quote: 'Bow-ties are cool' I am looking forward to the next series especially since hearing 'I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool.' - this is the quote soon-to-be my signature Very Happy
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Squach wrote:Being a fan of Doctor Who since David Tennant's first year, I was a bit miffed when he left. There was that one sad episode when Rose left Sad Sad Sad , and that is the only ever T.V episode I ever cried at. (Unlike my mum, who will cry at almost everything) But, I was very impressed by Matt Smith's performances and the all too famous quote: 'Bow-ties are cool' I am looking forward to the next series especially since hearing 'I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool.' - this is the quote soon-to-be my signature Very Happy

I'm not sure if any hat can top the famous fez though Squach! It's always like that though. I was the same when Chris E left, how could anyone replace him. And David Tennant did. And how could anyone replace him? But Matt is on course to one of my favourite doctors to date! I cried at that bit to, and didn't they have Run by Snow Patrol too? I cried as well! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Good to know I'm not the only one who cared for Rose! Embarassed

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Ally wrote:By the way, Eldo, how have you never seen DW? Shocked Sometimes It's like people from America are living in a different country than me! Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I don't think Dr Who is really that big over here. I will watch The Eleventh Hour though, at Petty's insistence. Very Happy Though Pink Floyd having a song based on Dr Who is further encouragement. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Squach wrote:Good to know I'm not the only one who cared for Rose! Embarassed

Rose was my favourite "Companion" ever...before Amy Pond came along. Now I can't decide who I love more! Embarassed I love you

Oh yeah, I bawled my eyes out when Rose parted with the Dr. Crying or Very sad But then I cry a lot at sad parts of movies; I'm a real sap that way. Rolling Eyes

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:39 pm

If you think you cry at a lot of films, wait until you see my mum... affraid

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have mixed feelings about Rose, in fact all of the RTD period of Who- it has some of the best and the worst moments. Very confusing.

As to feeling gutted when a Doctor 'dies' and is regenerated. You get used to it! My first was Pertwee, but I only vaguely remember those, Tom Baker was really my first Doctor and when he regenerated I was inconsolable!
Out of the reboot, I like Ecceleston, I think he's underrated, Tennant was brilliant but often let down (especially towards the end) by being written like a parody of himself. Smith is shaping up to my favourite since Tom Baker. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Gandalf's Beard wrote:
Ally wrote:

GB

Cheers! Anytime Ally. Very Happy I don't know if you can still find vinyl. I have one of course because I'm old. But you might be able to find it on CD. Oh...wait, that's for fogey's too. Erm...I think Pink Floyd have finally been persuaded to release their material online as individual songs to buy. They've been holding out because they only wanted to release entire albums (because they're concept albums see).

Anyway, you should be able to download to your Ipod...wait...I'm being paged....what's that?....Ipods are obsolete already????? Erm...I think you can download to your I-Phone. Suspect

GB

I'm a traditionalist in the sense I like to have something physical to look at and read. I've had loads of old vinyal left over from several of my dear late relatives, but unfortunately not Meddle! I have Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, but I swear I heard that song on a vinyl I had, but I was mistaken! No, I ipods are not obselete, I don't think Apple will ever let their brand go out of fashion! Wish I had an Iphone though! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next