Ally
Gandalf's Beard
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 35 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Eccky! sheesh Suspect Mr. I look hot in a leather jacket Eccleston IS NOT CALLED ECCKY
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 pm

He is in places where Summertime and December duet, Mrs Figg. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Oi go watch 11th Hour- BOTH OF YOU!!!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

I am a little busy at the moment, Petty - give me time...

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Conversations with the Banks clan do not count as business it counts as a day at the Mad Hatters Tea Party but with no tea. Although while you are there Orwell see if you can grab my scuttle back.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 pm

News of season 7 and some hints about 2013 the Anniversary year.

January 3rd saw producer Marcus Wilson announce a start to the new year on Twitter: "Back in Cardiff. Series 7 Production office open for business - here we go again." He also observed: "Just worked out this year we're making the hundredth ep of DW since the series returned. Nice milestone. There should be a cake!"
As far as the Series 7 writers are concerned, Mark Gatiss intimates in the Production Notes of the latest edition of Doctor Who Magazine that he is penning an episode. Previously, we reported that Torchwood scribe John Fay had been commissioned to write for the upcoming series, and his agency, Culverhouse & James Ltd, has updated its website entry on him to state that he has written for the show.
Filming for the series is expected to begin in February.
n interview with Steven Moffat that was published by The Scotsman shortly before the Christmas special aired tackled the thorny issue of Series 7's scheduling and how many episodes will be shown this year and next. Asked to shed light on it, he said: "I can clarify that we start shooting in mid-February, but I can't tell you what the schedule is. What headlines are you planning for that time of year? I’ve only just found out what the transmission schedule is for Sherlock, and I've finished making that. I've barely started writing Doctor Who. Loads of things are in flux, all for good reasons actually."

Where 2013 and the show's 50th anniversary are concerned, Moffat gave a strong hint that fans may get more than one special episode. "Why talk in the singular? Again, genuinely, the plans are at an early stage, but we have some very clear ideas about some of the things we're doing, and I think Doctor Who fans and kids will think it's the best thing ever. We've got a load of very big plans – the mere fact that we're talking about this two years before the event should tell you how seriously we're taking it."
During a video interview at this year's Radio Times covers party, which was uploaded yesterday, Moffat said of the show's 50th anniversary: "I promise you, for so many reasons I can't talk about yet, there will never be a better time to be a Doctor Who fan, I absolutely promise that."
He also said the series would be returning this year on an unspecified date in the autumn "for a long run" but he wouldn't be pinned down on its length. However, he stated that it would comprise at least 14 episodes, as it would include a Christmas special. "We always do 14 because we do the Christmas special as well and obviously we start in the autumn with the Christmas special as part of the run, so it'll be at least 14," he said.
As we await an official announcement regarding Amy and Rory's replacement aboard the TARDIS following their upcoming departure, speculation continues in the press. After an enigmatic tweet by showrunner Steven Moffat, the Daily Star reckons Sophia Myles* could be the one.
Meanwhile, in an interview for Radio Times in its new edition, which features her on the cover, Gillan talks about leaving the programme. "It was a completely mutual agreement," she insists. "Steven Moffat and I decided when would be the best time for Amy to go." Gillan might know when she's going but she doesn’t know how - only that Moffat has promised it will be heartbreaking. "I'd like to see her go out in flames of glory," she says.- Gallifrey News

*keen eyed Whovians will know her, she was Madame Pompadour in the excellent Moffat penned, Tennant run episode- which touched on ideas Moffat would later develop into the character of Amy Pond. NuWho has form on casting people we have seen before as the companion- Martha was previously seen being turned cyberman and Karen Gillan was first to be seen as one of the soothsayers in the Tennant episode set in Pompeii.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 pm

I just this minute finished watching two episodes of Who, the one with pirates and lily Cole as a siren, and the one with the Tardis becoming a girlie. In Italian, so obviously the voices were different, but I have to say after 4 episodes I am still bored by Amy and Rory, I am getting used to the Doctor more but he doesnt wow me. I will be glad if Sophia Myles who did Pompadour is the new assistant as she is good.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 pm

You seem to watching episodes from series 6 Mrs Figg. May I ask if you watched 11th hour (above)? As how the Doctor and Amy's story begins is rather crucial to understanding Amy- otherwise she can come off as cold or even snarky for no reason.
I would also if you are not wanting to watch an entire series consider Amy's Choice from seriues 5 and Vincent and the Doctor and most definentyl the two part series finale to 5 the pandorica opens and the big bang (th emore eps of seroes 5 you have seen before that the better). You will get a very distroted picture of Amy and what it is her charcater represents watching out of order- much more so than is normal in Who. She is probably his most complicated companion, emnotionally as well as life story.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 am

Here you go Mrs Figg, Eldo and Orwell- use them while they are still there- series 5 episodes (watch in the order below-but make sure you start with 11th hour- link at top of page 56) in one single file and HD if you want it. Enjoy.

The Time of angels (Weeping Angels story)

Flesh and Stone

Flesh and Stone Deleted Scene (watch after episode it fits on the end)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pglAT7Daxc

The Vampires of Venice
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlb9uc_doctor-who-vampires-of-venice_shortfilms

Amy's Choice

The Hungry Earth

Cold Blood

Vincent and the Doctor

The Lodger

The Pandorica Opens

Big Bang

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:14 am

I reckon if they got a More Popular Male type to play Dr Who, the show would improve immeasurably. Just saying.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 am

I trust you are using some of this copious spare time you seem to have stumbled upon to watch 11th Hour Orwell. Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:52 am

I really feel that BBC entertainment Nordic needs to stop sending really old stand-up shows and re-re-re runs of QI and give us some fresh pieces of Dr. Who!! Evil or Very Mad

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Amarië wrote:I really feel that BBC entertainment Nordic needs to stop sending really old stand-up shows and re-re-re runs of QI and give us some fresh pieces of Dr. Who!! Evil or Very Mad

QI wearies me nowadays. It was okay for awhile but now seems so dull and unfunny. Btw, I read Stephen Fry's book on Poetry writing. It had one or three too many "anal related" jokes and comments - began to turn me off after awhile. All very poofy - not that there's anything wrong with that Eldo, mind, and I do applaud your life choice - and tiresome after awhile. I've heard the writers of Dr Who are a bit poofy too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sorry, Petty - I'm tired, bored and about to go to bed with a fidgetty wife - and you know what that means, surely... It seemed so pleasant and not at all messy in those Romantic Comedies - canoodling that is - that's how she tricked me into her bed originally. Mad

I'm wandering, aren't I. Nite.

Sorry about messing up your Dr Who thread, Petty.

(I'm not really).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I've heard the writers of Dr Who are a bit poofy too.- Orwell

You are thinking of the previous head of writing Russel T Davies- and yes during his tenure in charge the Doctor did seem to bump inot a disporoptionatly large amount of gay people and aliens- but then it probably made up for all the decades where he seems to have not encountered any at all.
And yes you are messing up my Who thread- watch the episodes I posted above before they disappear (and they will and its rare to get them excellent quality and in a single bit to watch- so make use of em before the BBC pulls them, which they inevitably will!)

Can't do you fresh WHo Amarie just series 5 so far! Series 6 can probably be tracked down to watch too somewhere (but I'm concentrating on getting Mrs Figg, Orwell and Eldo to watch series 5 first -in order would be good given the story arc running through it too!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Anything after leaving Donna Noble is fresh for me. Us poor Norwegian Who fans have been left behind to starve! Sad

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Watching Romantic Comedies is very poofy too, Orwell. That is only ok if the missus made you see them. And even then you must pretend later that it was dull, but that the lady had nice boobs (either your date or the lead lady in the movie, depending who asks).

Am I fond of romantic comedies? No, not really. Can easily live without them. Smile

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Top of page 56 on this thread Amarie is a link for the 11th hour, click on it and watch and enjoy. Start of the new Doctors run.

In fact heres the link here

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk1j95_the-eleventh-hour-part-1_shortfilms#rel-page-1[/dailymotion]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Top of page 56 on this thread Amarie is a link for the 11th hour, click on it and watch and enjoy. Start of the new Doctors run.

In fact heres the link here

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk1j95_the-eleventh-hour-part-1_shortfilms#rel-page-1[/dailymotion]

Will try and lure my Finrod to watch with me. Smile

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 pm

I hope you and Finrod enjoy it Amarie.

Anyone else watched any yet?- come on Orwell- I cant make it any easier for you, no downloading, nothing, just click and watch- hell you dont have to even leave this page if you dont want to! Eldo- perfect opportunity to watch the weeping angels episodes-Time of Angles/Flesh and Stone, you liked 11th Hour without being blown away by it but Who is soomethi gyou have to let seep into you, can't be done in a single episode, needs many to begin to appreciate all its charms and depths, go on give it a go. And they will get pulled and probably sooner rather than later so best to give it a go sooner. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Still dont like Amy and Rory, they are dull, and if Amy wasnt very pretty I doubt anyone would like her at all, at least Rose had a vibrant and lively character, she would be someone I would like as a friend in space, she has balls and humour, not the no chin Rory and stiff brittle dead eyed Amy. sorry old bean. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Where have you watched to Mrs Figg?- I am assumming not the end of series 5 if you think Rory is 'no chin Rory'- and I really do think you may be misunderstanding Amy's character and the damage the Doctor has done to her - she is supposed to be damaged, thats kind of the point of her, she is the result of the Doctor jaunting about through space in his haphazard way, his relationship with her is mainly about his guilt over that. Her story and personality is many times more layered and complicated than Roses in my opinion, which was very straight forward and pretty one-dimensional.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Matt Smith INterview on Oz TV.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 pm

It was not one dimensional at all, she was the typical bored shop girl with a dead end job and no prospects, but she knew there was more to life than the drudgery of her life, silly mum and daft boyfriend and missing dad. She jumped at the Doctors offer and transformed into a brave and lively companion, she had a strange relationship with the doctor, she treated him as a big brother and at the same time was a bit jealous of Mary jane? cant remember her name. Anyway she was far far from one dimensional in my opinion. She was at least fun to watch. and certainly never boring or cold.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Just for you Mrs Figg. Wink

Spoiler:
And I just can't have you saying Rory is chinless! Evil or Very Mad

Spoiler:
And their love story is the finest ever told in Who.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Finished watching the 11th hour and he works! He IS the doctor! And Amy looks a lot like a FInrod's sister. Shocked And I have decided not to see when Tennant goes away. I'll be too sad. On to the next ep. Very Happy

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next