David H
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
19 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Anyone like my new signature?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Thumbs Up

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:29 pm

lol!

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:36 pm

So it seems that the registration of "Into the Fire" was a way of testing the waters before the announcement and probably also the beginning of the BOFA marketing campaign. Hopefully this means we'll get a new vlog or trailer soon.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Probably a month or a month and a half before a trailer, based on past experience.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm

True.

Since they're not filming pick-ups this year I'd expect PJ to show up on Comic-Con, which probably means an abbreviated version of that footage will be posted online in late July.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 pm

I can't imagine what any upcoming vlog would be about. PJ in the cutting room? We've seen that before, and it's boring.  Neutral 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:11 pm

On the other hand a trailer should be interesting at the very least, everything we know so far seems to indicate BOFA will be more or less totally new material, I'm not excited per se, more intrigued to see how Jackson will dissapoint me...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:34 pm

malickfan wrote: I'm not excited per se, more intrigued to see how Jackson will dissapoint me...

Me too. I'm beginning to see these films as an exercise in masochism, like one of those relationships you should have ended ages ago..... Sad 

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 UJpDi It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:16 am

I just had a chilling thought.
What if they say the title change is "in the spirit of Tolkien" because T wanted Return of the King to be called the War of the Ring, so now they're paying homage to that by calling the third Hobbit film BOFA.

I'm sure some kind of crap like that will ooze from Boyen's mouth before this is all over...

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:33 am

Also, it seems that the tumblr fandom is livid! Their reasons are probably different than ours, and they're probably more upset than we are because we've given up on these films already. But it's still nice to see so much crabbit amongst the fanboys!

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 am

:carrot: Twisted Evil :carrot: 

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 UJpDi It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:52 am

After seeing Tin's post I decided to have a poke around on Tumblr, and ... let's just say that "different reasons" is putting it lightly. Razz

Link

With TaBA, I imagine the ending to be Ian Holm, dotting the last sentence to his book then someone taps on the door. He closes the book, and says “No, thank you! We don’t want any more visitors, well-wishers, or distant relations!” then off camera, a familiar voice exclaims: “And what about very old friends?”. Ian Holm smiles as the screen fades to black.

With BoFA, I don’t even know how it’s gonna end. Probably with a triple funeral that’s going to be equal parts gut-wrenching and unsatisfying.

That sounds terrible. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 am

Also, several people seem to be confused and think that "The Battle of the Five Armies" was a chapter in the book.  It wasn't.  The battle is described in the chapter called "The Clouds Burst", which ends with Bilbo being knocked unconscious.  The rest of the battle is described to Bilbo in the next chapter ("The Return Journey") after the battle ends and he regains consciousness. The phrase "Battle of Five Armies" (note the lack of the definite article) is used only by the narrator.

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 am

I'll post some samplings!

tumblr wrote:Honestly, I find it kind of insulting that Peter is just throwing Tolkien’s words- The title of the FUCKING BOOK and Bilbos book out of the window. Like what good is it naming a box set??? I’m sorry but where is the sense in that?

I just feel like he’s taking advantage of his freedom when it comes to these films and I expected, especially with all the ways he diverted from the book, that he would at least give a nod to it with the final film. ‘There and Back Again’ was a beautiful title and was very,very fitting. It reflects the whole tale. ‘Battle of the Five Armies’ is cheesy and nothing more then a marketing ploy. And a cheap one at that.

I’ve honestly never been so disappointed by one of his decisions and I think that we should let him know that.

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_n4jni2LGO61qzfqs4
One more... wrote:Are you serious? Peter this is probably the worst change you could have made tbh ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies’??? Doesn’t exactly flow off the tongue does it?

guys can we start a fucking petition or something to have it changed back because i cannOT

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:46 am

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 The%2BHobbit%2B3

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:36 am

Eldorion wrote:After seeing Tin's post I decided to have a poke around on Tumblr, and ... let's just say that "different reasons" is putting it lightly. Razz

Link

With TaBA, I imagine the ending to be Ian Holm, dotting the last sentence to his book then someone taps on the door. He closes the book, and says “No, thank you! We don’t want any more visitors, well-wishers, or distant relations!” then off camera, a familiar voice exclaims: “And what about very old friends?”. Ian Holm smiles as the screen fades to black.

With BoFA, I don’t even know how it’s gonna end. Probably with a triple funeral that’s going to be equal parts gut-wrenching and unsatisfying.

That sounds terrible. Laughing

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:38 am

Peter Jackson wrote:Inside Information...

When we did the premiere trip late last year

Sounds more like a shroom trip. TABA might have been a better title when there was going to be only two movies, but is utterly shit anyway. How descriptive would "The Battle on the Pelennor Field" have been for ROTK? Mr. Jackson is increasingly full of shit these days.

Eldorion wrote:

Well in the books the Five Armies were the Wargs, Orcs, Men, Dwarves, and Elves. Beorn doesn't count since he's just one guy.

Beorn must be the closest thing to a One Man Army there ever was, so Bo6A wouldn't be all wrong Laughing

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Battle of the five Armies.............Return of the five Sleeve..ies......

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Eldorion wrote:So it seems that the registration of "Into the Fire" was a way of testing the waters before the announcement

But didn't they notice that a lot of people didn't want a change to the title at all? I also hated how coy torn was being yesterday, "Oh, we reported the rumors first! Aren't we so great?!?!?!!?"  F You 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:52 pm

damn sometimes I wish I wasnt banned. does anyone have a link?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 pm

I wish they'd ban me.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Laughing 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:52 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I wish they'd ban me.

At least you can actually work up the effort to still post there, I'm so jaded with TORn and the babysitting culture I can hardly ever be bothered to post anything-you post a honest opinion against Jackson and you get half a dozen morons taking it as a personal insult before retiring to dicuss Thorin's 'cool hair' in the corner...and that's just the adults...

I wonder what will happen to them come 2015...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 pm

malickfan wrote:

I wonder what will happen to them come 2015...

They'll be pushing for a Silmarillion TV series.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next