David H
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
19 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 7 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 02, 2014 8:24 pm

the Engineers were far scarier than Azog too.  pale 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 7 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 02, 2014 8:33 pm

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 02, 2014 8:40 pm

um is this real?

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 7 Upcoming-Movies-image-upcoming-movies-36749873-1470-544_zps15125ca1
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 02, 2014 8:43 pm

FAKE

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 02, 2014 8:43 pm

bungobaggins wrote:

so I am confused, are they cgi or real Actors in rubber suits?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm

I hope thats not real, but it does look like the ones for previous films in style.
Id say fake though as its still called TABA.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 pm

It even has the previous title, Figgs. Rolling Eyes

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:

so I am confused, are they cgi or real Actors in rubber suits?

Probably a mix. Shrugging

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 02, 2014 8:48 pm

bungobaggins wrote:It even has the previous title, Figgs. Rolling Eyes

I know that  Mad  but they could have made it ages ago. Is that really Galadriel? Kate?

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri May 02, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 02, 2014 8:50 pm

It's supposed to be Galadriel, not sure if it's actually Cate Blanchett, though. Resolution of it is horrendous, but I will say that the overall photo-shop job is about on par with what we've been seeing coming from the Hobbit movie marketing department. Wink

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 02, 2014 8:52 pm

yeah thats why I thought it was legit.  Nod 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat May 24, 2014 6:17 pm

An alternative title suggestion from the maker of that "Oakentoons" series. Laughing

http://peckishowl.deviantart.com/art/How-It-Should-Be-Titled-1-454289053

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 7 MQt0l4R
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat May 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Laughing 

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 7 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Laughing 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun May 25, 2014 6:56 pm

bungobaggins wrote:FAKE
I don't know Galadriel is the most powerful being in Middle Earth.  Rolling Eyes 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun May 25, 2014 6:58 pm

Eldorion wrote:An alternative title suggestion from the maker of that "Oakentoons" series. Laughing

http://peckishowl.deviantart.com/art/How-It-Should-Be-Titled-1-454289053

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 7 MQt0l4R

lol! I can't even muster up the energy to get annoyed by the decisions this production has made anymore.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat May 31, 2014 12:59 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote: I can't even muster up the energy to get annoyed by the decisions this production has made anymore.

I gave up actually caring about what Jackson does with his films a while ago. It's SO much easier that way. I've read the book twice since I last posted. I've watched Jackson's hobbit films 0 times. (Still love LOTR though) And now they have changed the title of the last film again.  Rolling Eyes  BIG DEAL! they might change it again before it gets released, or Jackson will decide he hasn't butchered the source material enough and need a 4rth film to fuck it up with.  Suspect Hey why not Jackson still has a bunch of ass kissing fanboys who would clearly support the idea  Shrugging   :facepalm: 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:18 pm

Another perspective on the title change, this one from Joe Letteri, the VFX supervisor for all of PJ's Middle-earth films so far.

http://collider.com/weta-batman-v-superman-joe-letteri-dan-lemmon/

Weta has been heavily involved in director Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy, and Letteri gave a status update on the third and final installment:

“The Hobbit’s going great. We’ve got a lot of stuff already turned over to Peter, we’re in the middle of it, we’re cranking through it.”

The third film was originally titled There and Back Again before being changed to The Battle of Five Armies, and Letteri discussed how the new title is a better fit for the concluding chapter:

“Yeah because it is the climax, and you really just need to know that there is another battle for Middle-earth. The whole extension of The Hobbit’s story has really been to get us to the point where we understand when we leave it what’s going to happen when you pick up the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and this really does kind of set that tone.”

With a massive battle being right in the title of the film, Steve asked Letteri if the sequence is being crafted as hopefully the highlight of all six Lord of the Rings films, and the VFX supervisor discussed how grave the stakes have to be:

“We hope so, that’s the whole idea. You’ve got all these worlds of Middle-earth—when I say worlds I mean the elves and the orcs and everyone sort of coming together in this final battle. It’s got to give you that sense that if this isn’t won, there is no Lord of the Rings; everything’s over at this point. So this has to happen, and that allows the sort of peaceful interlude you have before the next trilogy starts.

Nothing surprising, but still somewhat depressing to read. So much for actually adapting The Hobbit.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:53 pm

PJ's going to make Pellanor look like a scuffle.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 pm

This really reminds me of something from Game of Thrones (season 4 spoilers):

Spoiler:

That's one of the very few comparisons I can make between GOT and TH, and I hope there won't be more in future seasons, but it was on my mind since season 4 wrapped up so recently.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Eldorion wrote:All the SFX in the world can't make a battle seem bigger and better if the story foundations aren't there.

Definitely agree. I found that I enjoyed the Battle of Blackwater a lot more than the Battle of Castle Black.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:12 pm

I dont think it will be better than Pellanor as a battle, I think its going to be non stop ridiculous. But in scale on screen and what it will claim is at stake, I think will be massively hyped up beyond recognition.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Blackwater was cooler but the battle for Castle Black isnt over yet.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Now that Stannis is there it will be much better. Nod

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:11 pm

pale 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next