David H
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
19 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by Norc Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:12 pm

WHEN ARE WE GETTING THAT TRAILER?!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Oh, that's right, there's another hobbit movie.

*goes back to reading A Game of Thrones*  study 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Thumbs Up 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:58 am

"All six Lord of the Rings films."
??

I dislike when interviewers or interviewees are unnecessarily-verbose.
"...And this really does kind of set that tone" could simply be: "and this sets that tone."
ugh.
That kind of meaningless filler pops up everywhere in discussions related to film production. It's as if the lack of anything interesting to say promotes the practice of stretching out whatever it is one is trying to say.

On a happier note I like your new gifs Norc. In particular, I have adored that owl ever since I first saw it some months ago.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:43 am

Oh, thank you forest ^-^ that owl has so much love in his eyes Nod

you know that the Battle of the Five Armies is shortened to BOFA... like whenever i see it i always think it's some sort of slang for Bofur.. like Bofaaahr! or somethign..lol.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:59 am

Huh? I don't see an owl. I just see BC in a chair and some guy with a microphone, though the whole pictures haven't loaded yet. They must be huge. They're locking up any thread you post in, at least on my ssssssssllllllllloooooooowwwwww internet.

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 UJpDi It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:12 pm

aw, that's unfortunate Trollface it's a very cute owl though..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 pm

i'll try to remember to unattach my signature sometimes when i post a lot Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm

thanks, that would be nice! Are they moving GIF's or something like the fake Sherlock one? That would explain why they lock me up.

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 UJpDi It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Yep, Norc is suffering from gif signature diarrhea again. She needs to take some pills. I'd happily supply her with some.  Twisted Evil 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:27 pm

but the gifs are so fuuuun
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:38 pm

Why's Benybum crying ? am I missing something ?

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 pm

With laughter I believe.
But I'm sure Norc can provide the vid of the occasion for you. ( I hope vid isn't another abbreviation that means something rude in Fjordian  Mad )

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:"All six Lord of the Rings films."
??

I don't see any cause for confusion. I for one am very much looking forward to The Lord of the Rings: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies this December. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:51 pm

So the person quoted above was saying this in a tongue-in-cheek way, I would assume.
For all intents and purposes, this is an accurate new title. Except, of course, for the fact that the LotR series is leaps and bounds better than The Hobbit trilogy.
It'd be like the opposite of labeling Del Toro's Pacific Rim as Transformers: Pacific Rim.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:08 pm

I was being facetious, but I'm pretty sure that the reporter guy was being serious, actually. He's not the first person I've seen refer to the whole six film package as simply "Lord of the Rings" rather than "Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit" or "the Middle-earth movie series".
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 pm

torn is just abuzz with misinformation about the trailer. I'm trying to resist the urge to rickroll them, I know the thread would get locked immediately. Rolling Eyes

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Is it supposed to be released soon now?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Apparently TORn's official twitter account tweeted out the date "J U L Y T W E N T I E T H" (formatted like that) with no further explanation, but the tweet has since been deleted. But that was the most recent rumor I've heard.

Previously, the main theory seemed to be that the trailer would be released around Comic-Con, which is from July 24-27. They've also theorized that some new NATO* rules dictate that July 20th is the earliest that the marketing campaign for BOFA can begin. But the hype is getting to be a little out of control there since a lot of TORners are still looking forward to the final movie. Razz

*The National Association of Theatre Owners, not the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:56 pm

That would be rather hilarious if the actual NATO did rule on trailer release date guidelines.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8