David H
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
bungobaggins
Eldorion
19 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:11 pm

The Hobbit 3: The Search for More Money

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Empty Re: It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies"

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Oh man, Malickfan is gonna have to change his sig now. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Is this a conceit or...?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:14 pm

TBOTFA ------> FATBOT

I'm calling the third film FATBOT.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm

The only reason they have changed the title to BO5A is to make it sound cooler for marketing and advertising. Jackson dressing it up in faux love for the source makes my teeth ache.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Well, it will at least please those who were affraid the movie wouldn't be one long battle sequense.  Razz 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:26 pm

bungobaggins wrote:The Hobbit 3: The Search for More Money
This gets my vote Bungo !  Razz

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:17 pm

This just goes to show how nothing is settled, there is no concrete plan for these films, which is why THEY ARE SO BAD! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Agreed Tinuviel: this doesn't seem right. I don't like fluid film-making amalgamations! Give me some solid Clint Eastwood directing any day. (I heard in some commentary that Million Dollar Baby, for example, was shot in under 40 days simply because Eastwood knew exactly what he wanted and was often able to finish scenes with only a few takes.)

This reminds me of an article I read on Cracked.com talking about how the technological limitations of the past may have in fact contributed to better film-making by forcing directors to limit their creative energy to semi-realistic goals. The Hobbit is mentioned actually (#1).

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-types-movie-adaptations-that-must-be-stopped_p2/

With the malleability of studio-based cgi, there's just too much leeway for mid-production change!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:18 pm

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Pen-paper-characters-rendered-ii_zpsff5eb061
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 pm

lol!

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:45 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:This reminds me of an article I read on Cracked.com talking about how the technological limitations of the past may have in fact contributed to better film-making by forcing directors to limit their creative energy to semi-realistic goals. The Hobbit is mentioned actually (#1).

I'd argue that it's not just the technological limitations, but the challenge of proving himself to a wide audience that forced PJ to keep his worst impulses in check during filming for LOTR.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:45 pm

What the heck is wrong with the end of that crossbow? Did the smith get halfway through adding a cooking pot to the end and then give up?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:This reminds me of an article I read on Cracked.com talking about how the technological limitations of the past may have in fact contributed to better film-making by forcing directors to limit their creative energy to semi-realistic goals. The Hobbit is mentioned actually (#1).

I'd argue that it's not just the technological limitations, but the challenge of proving himself to a wide audience that forced PJ to keep his worst impulses in check during filming for LOTR.
Indeed, I'd certainly agree, even if that lies outside of the point the article was making.
I do still think, however, that it would be more difficult for him to make as many changes mid-production as he has if he was stuck with the same technology from 15 years ago.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I think you're right. If you look at what a monumental effort it took to create Gollum, the last-minute additions of CGI characters in The Hobbit really highlights what has changed.

Although, even with early-2000s technology, Jackson was still making plenty of post-production changes. They talk in the Appendices about how re-recording dialogue allowed them to create new takes for scenes months or years after filming them. And I'm gonna undermine the point in my previous paragraph by noting how they replaced Sauron with a CG troll at the Black Gate. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Half expecting them to add "Part One"...

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm

wait what the fuck i what no fuck anvdk c.. weel it does fit better...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm

NO ! no no no no no ! Not two fooking parts ! Raddy, are you off your chump ??

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:22 pm

All of these films feel like the papers I'd right in highschool. I'd write them in one night, not look at them, and hand them in. Since I was smart, I got away with it. But in the real world, you can't just spend two minutes on something and expect it to be enough. I get going through drafts is a good thing. But PJ isn't going through drafts, he's still struggling with the outline! He can't even finish his rough draft! It kind of makes him look spineless. Make the tough decisions, don't worm your way around them. Cut things if you have to, settle for something safe! Don't make the first idea that comes to your head your final idea!

It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 pm

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” - Leonard Bernstein

All PJ needs is a plan! Laughing

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm

bungobaggins wrote:“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” - Leonard Bernstein

All PJ needs is a plan! Laughing

Some would say he could do with less time as well.  Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 pm

It was nice to see in the facebook comments that people are being more vocal about their disappointment with these movies. All we need is a Plinkett review! (But I am convinced that in a few years public opinion will sway more towards our side.)

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm

One day all the world shall consist of only crabbit purists and my work will finally be done.  Twisted Evil 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Jesus Christ.

Neutral 

I guess it's a better title than Into the Fire, and at least it show's they are being honest (i.e a gaint clusterf*ck of action scenes strung together for three hours) about their feelings to the source material.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Its like anything thats new in your life, its great to start with & often your view is blinkered. Given time & repartition you start to see things in a different light. Things you were once so sure of & defended become hazy, foggy or down right fook bad. You start to see flaws, things that could have been better or different. I dont need the fullness of time, I can see full well how fooking AWFUL these films are. With patience maybe others who thought Peejers could do no wrong, & was king, or God of cinema in their eyes, will see differently ?? ....................................................................................................................Then I can say
It's official: TABA is now "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" - Page 2 Rasp1_zps05bf0f5c

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next