Orwell
Ally
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Forumshire passes 100,000 posts - Page 7 Empty Re: Forumshire passes 100,000 posts

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:21 am

So 310 posts have been deleted? Can we do that ourselves, or do we have to behave badly enough to be awarded a deletion by the moderators?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Forumshire passes 100,000 posts - Page 7 Empty Re: Forumshire passes 100,000 posts

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:43 am

More specifically, 310 posts have been deleted after a subsequent post has been made. If a post is deleted before any other posts have been made, its ID number gets reused.

Ordinary members can only delete their own posts for a certain amount of time after making them before the option expires, though the ability to edit it remains. Moderators can edit and delete all posts.

When I was a moderator here I tried to delete as little as possible, but there have been countless times when I've thought better of one of my own posts and deleted it shortly after making it.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:03 am

{{{ I never deleted much as a mod save that one time we had that rather unpleasant chap on who kept harassing Norc in particular and the usual spam bots- though we don't seem to get them these days or whoever the mods are now are taking care of them before I spot any. Don't think I've deleted many, if any, of my own posts....looking back over things maybe I should start!}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:09 am

I've always wondered what kind of trouble that guy got into with his school after you made that call. Laughing At least he stopped coming around here.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:17 am

{{{I did impress on them that we were not interested in any sort of reprimand or punishment, merely that he not be allowed to access the site from their premises and on their servers given what he was posting. They did ask if we wanted the police involved and to press charges, but that seemed like way overkill for some daft kid somewhere, so I told them definitely not- I reckoned he just needed a fright and slap on the wrists}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:19 am

Agreed. Probably the surprise of something that occurred online having a real life impact was shock enough.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:59 am

Ah, I always new there was more to that story! Rolling Eyes

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7