Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

+14
Ringdrotten
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
Amarië
azriel
Mrs Figg
CC12 35
MeikoElektra
David H
Tinuviel
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
18 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by azriel Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:36 pm

I know exactly !!!! And dont forget the Midnight snacks ! elevenses ! & minor titbits inbetween ! Laughing

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by Norc Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:50 pm

great. now I am hungry.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:34 pm

And I'm thirsty. drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:58 pm

and I want Yooper.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:34 am

Ah but for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a titbit! (I really must check out the entymology of titbit! Shocked )

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 am

little nibbles BETWEEN bigger nibbles ! bounce

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:46 am

After four years in the world of retail, I am very excited to be plunging back into academia, as I've just been accepted (and accepted my acceptation) into the Master of Library and Information Science program at the University of Maryland! Very Happy It was my first choice and is the flagship public university of my home state, so I'm especially happy to be going to this particular school. (In-state tuition rates don't hurt either. Razz) I do have to get used to calling the College Park campus just "the University of Maryland" without qualifier, though, since I did my undergrad at one of the other branches (UMBC) and was always a little touchy about it being confused with the older and better-known school. Laughing

There are three American Library Association-accredited programs within feasible driving distance of where I live, and Maryland's looked to be the best. I've spent a lot of time in the past six months or so thinking about what I want to do in the future and was seriously considering applying to political science PhD programs last fall, but I think the job prospects for library science are much better, and it still leaves the door open to do research down the road. A lot of academic libraries look for people to have a second Master's or a Doctorate in a specialized field, as well as an MLIS. I'm not sure if that's for me but even if I don't take that route, I think I'd really enjoy working in an environment largely focused on knowledge and learning.

Writing about myself for the application essays was a somewhat agonizing process and my anxiety has definitely flared up at several points but for the moment anyway I'm feeling all bouncy and happy so I'm trying to savor that. Razz And I do feel much more optimistic about the future than I have in a long time.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:44 am

Oh great news Eldo !!!! Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader I feel so happy for you !! That's brilliant ! Today has started so positive, it seems to be spreading, like a little star of light touching everyone Very Happy

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 56155510

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Love how the wolves in the signature follow up on the happy tune and goes Woooohoooo!

The battle for title of Lore Master is really intensifying! Very Happy

(As a Whovian though I have to voice some concern that you so willingly join anything called "The Master"...)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:30 pm

That's huge, Eldo. And the job of modern library science is very technology oriented, which is something you definitely have a leg up on.

I was at UMD college park for my PhD in atmospheric science; there's a lot going on there. I definitely suggest checking out the a capella concerts: there's at least 8 groups, quite amazing and every bit as entertaining in performance as Pitch Perfect makes it out to be (at least it was 8 years ago, I'm assuming it still is). I was kicking myself for not discovering this underground culture until my last year there.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 pm

That's wonderful Eldo! :carrot:
I'm a bit jealous. I did four years of archival work/study as an undergrad and considered pursuing it as a career, but I made other choices....
Wherever your life takes you, these skills will serve you well. Remember, he who has the Lore has the Power Twisted Evil

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 UJpDi Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 4 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:04 pm

CONGRATS ELDO! I AM OVER THE MOON FOR YOU! cheers cheers cheers cheers

..this thread made me so confused..still makes me confused.. especially since it seems it was split from the-hobbit-spoiler-free-discussion.. ?? what happened? why's my name there?!?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:11 pm

You of all people have to wonder about a Norced thread?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm

i tried going back to check, but that thread made no sense either....

also.. weird reading what i wrote in 2012.. i was a different person back then
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:37 pm

I was much funnier a few years ago.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:49 pm

i was so immature..

btw, we should change the title to Eldo, instead of Norc.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:01 pm

ooo...pm Amarie!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:23 pm

AMARIËEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:31 pm

PM? I prefer Most Feared Supreme Ruler etc. etc.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:39 pm

Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:44 pm

I'll get to that title when I'm home and near a proper keyboard.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:06 pm

I don't think it's a pressing need.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 pm

It's now or never... If I wait any longer the thread will be norced again. Thread titles deserve 10 seconds of making sense - or as much sense as it can here in the Shire.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Um, a simple substitution of "grad school" for "college" would have sufficed. Laughing

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Indeed, my dear Halfie. I did consider that for a brief half second or so, but why settle for just doing something when you can overdo it!? Very Happy

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next