Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

+14
Ringdrotten
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
Amariƫ
azriel
Mrs Figg
CC12 35
MeikoElektra
David H
Tinuviel
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
18 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. Empty Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by Norc Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Split from here: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t437p15-the-hobbit-spoiler-free-discussion
-----

yeah, tell me about it. we have exams around may. fuck that, we're supposed to drink senslessly then (lol, as if)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:20 pm

I think our Norclet's all ready for college.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:27 pm

I think you're right, Halfwise.

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. S8Qat

NB Norc, I'd really prefer that the number of people I know who have been taken to the hospital for alcohol poisoning not increase further. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:29 pm

haha, no, that won't happen. that's a real party pooper. I heard a story about having to be pumped at nine in the evening.. lol.. that is just lame.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Are you at one of the UMD campuses Eldo? From what i understand at College Park 20 years ago a tanker full of beer would pull up on the Quad before each game. Things have mellowed since then....

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:31 pm

we're supposed to drink senslessly then (lol, as if)- Norc

Finally you say something sensible Norc! cheers (And then go ruin it in brackets Mad )

'I'd really prefer that the number of people I know who have been taken
to the hospital for alcohol poisoning not increase further.'- Eldo

Americans, you do it wrong Rolling Eyes - you dont let people drink till their middleaged, 21 (based on average Scotshobbit lifespan)- and then they go mad with the joy of it- where as if you start giving them alcohol as infants and slowly increase the amounts by the time they are allowed to drink by law it is neither a novelty nor does it have much of an effect (other than the minor quibble of a drastically reduced lifespan).

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm

petty, I totally agree with you. By not letting youth drink alcohol, it makes it more common to smoke weed and seriously guys.. that is much worse.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:33 pm

like, LOL, in a little over two months, I can go and buy beer.. legallly.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:39 pm

it makes it more common to smoke weed and seriously guys.. that is much worse.- NOrc

Actually probably not- not in terms of fatallities anyway, where world wide alchol kills about a zillion people a year and weed, well none.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 pm

halfwise wrote:Are you at one of the UMD campuses Eldo? From what i understand at College Park 20 years ago a tanker full of beer would pull up on the Quad before each game. Things have mellowed since then....

I'm at UMBC so I have it relatively good but there are still a few guys who lived on the same floors as me who went to the hospital and/or got hauled off by the police. Actually, my first semester on campus (I moved in in the middle of the year) I only got the room I did because the guy who'd had it previously was smoking weed in there, as opposed to smoking it somewhere else like the smart potheads (lol).

On the other hand, my brother is at College Park, and the stories he tells about there.... Laughing It may have calmed down in recent decades but they still have regular riots and many, many ambulance calls. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:48 pm

yeah, but you get addicted to weed and it ruinds your lungs and it can just take over your life. I mean, money and school and everything. A little fun drinking in the weekends doesn't harm anyone.

dear god, Eldo, that sounds... fantastic! though i don't think there is such a good.. study enviroment.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:09 pm

A little fun drinking in the weekends doesn't harm anyone.- Norc

There's many a corpse started out with that idea!

And weed is neither physically addictive (although mental addiction is much harder to quantify) nor does it cause cancer- smoking it mixed with legally sold tobacco does that- weed on its own has no cancer giving properties.

The mental health issues are another matter- as is the strong evidence supporting damage to the brain if used whilst still maturing- like your good self- so stay clear at least till your in your 20's if you ever do. You can drink yourself senseless perfectly legally till then and only damage your kidneys, brain, heart and a few other important organs that you dont really need when your young. Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. 1918643206

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Norc wrote:like, LOL, in a little over two months, I can go and buy beer.. legallly.

Thanks for the warning. I'll start nailing things down well ahead of time.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

whatever you say, I'm sticking to what I say. Weed is just the start, then you try heavier stuff. Isn't it better to start with alchohol and try out your boundaries that way. everything that is too much, is dangerous, but at least alchohol isn't all that hush-hush and can be done in controlled situations.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

((petty, you're actually arguing against bucky!))
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:16 pm

I'm at UMBC so I have it relatively good but there are still a few guys who lived on the same floors as me who went to the hospital and/or got hauled off by the police. ....

On the other hand, my brother is at College Park, and the stories he tells about there.... Laughing It may have calmed down in recent decades but they still have regular riots and many, many ambulance calls. Razz [/quote]

What both those campuses need is a good college row with pub like environments where one can drink and talk like an intellectual instead of feeling like some detritus that blew in and needs to be peeled off the floor before you can blow out again. Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Norc wrote:((petty, you're actually arguing against bucky!))

Just trying to keep you from following the same sad road, lass. Listen up; none of us did and look where it got us!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

You know me Norc all for more buckie drinkers in the world- but theres truth to buckie that has to be understood too as the Scothobbits average lifespan can testify to- so just dont make the mistake of thinking because its legal and acceptable its safer- its not its probably worse. Even in terms of mental health- not to mention domestic violence.
And regards weed as a gateway drug there is no real logic to that- most addicts of hard drugs started of on alchol or cigarrettes or pharmacuticals- all legal drugs.
Drink sure, party, have fun, just always take it seriously enough though to know what it is.

Eldo- what's the legal age for drinking where you are?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Norc wrote:at least alchohol isn't all that hush-hush and can be done in controlled situations.

LOOOOOL

Maybe it's different in places where the drinking age is lower.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:22 pm

halfwise wrote:What both those campuses need is a good college row with pub like environments where one can drink and talk like an intellectual instead of feeling like some detritus that blew in and needs to be peeled off the floor before you can blow out again. Mad

That's basically why I think the drinking age was 16. I'd rather the people who are going to drink anyway do it in an open bar where there's some sort of supervision from the owners if no one else. Not saying it would make everything better but it's better than the current situation where most people drink anyway but they do it in secret at house parties and the like.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Eldo- what's the legal age for drinking where you are?

21, same as the rest of America.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:26 pm

21, same as the rest of America.- Eldo

Ahh I thought it was different state to state.
Seems way to old- its 18 here but I ordered my first pint at a bar aged 14- I was a regular in two local pubs by 16/17.
Those were the good old days though- things are a bit stricter now and pubs less popular as super markets sell drink much cheaper so more people drink at home.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Each state technically has the right to set a drinking age but the federal government has a standing threat to take away a portion of highway funding from states that have a lower drinking age which basically forces the states to keep the age at 21 if they don't want shit roads since they're beholden to the federal government for so much money.

There's a bit of a movement to lower the drinking age but I think general perception is that it would be a bad thing so they haven't made much progress.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/19/AR2008081902836.html
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:29 pm

BTW, when did this thread move to the Big Bad Serious Forum? Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Good point- you might want to split it off and plonk it in there.

ps- it was defintely Norcs fault. Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. 1918643206

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:38 pm

That Norc definitely is a trouble maker, no two ways about it. Plays at being sweet and innocent, but she's a schemer, is that one.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next