Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

+14
Ringdrotten
Forest Shepherd
Bluebottle
Amarië
azriel
Mrs Figg
CC12 35
MeikoElektra
David H
Tinuviel
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
18 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by halfwise Sat May 19, 2018 12:25 am

Can't find it, but there was a great cartoon with all the students listening to the speaker at graduation, and one student is leaning over to another saying "psst....I've just heard that after this we're all supposed to get a job!"

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 Empty Re: Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined.

Post by Bluebottle Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 pm

Scary stuff, indeed Surprised

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:15 am

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 You_ar10

Last edited by Norc on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:16 am

also it is my birtday yey for me!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Norc wrote:i don't know what to dooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 0LkdhI1

{{{Happy Birthday! flower }}}
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:01 pm

1) is this just me being sexually frustrated and him being very close and idk when you live with someone you get to know that person and what i don't even know i can't think and 2) isn't it super stupid and dangerous to start a relationship when there is literally no escape route? (and 3) i am sorta already seeing someone and it is sorta complicated but yeh fack.. everyone wants a piece of this ass, but when i realize someone actually like me as a person and not just the booty faaack that is shit scary and i kinda don't believe it and i don't know what to dooooo- Norc

{{Blimey! Birthdays! Mad

Not thinking is a sure sign of infatuation or lust- trick now is to work out which it is.

2. Yes, bit like work relationships- great when it goes well, if it goes tits up though can just be really awkward if your stuck with them all the time. Lots of factors depend here, but mainly how things end- if it ends in screaming yelling and hitting him with a frying pan probably be bad afterwards, if you just decide its not for you, then it'll probably be fine. Unfortunately you never know before you embark which it will be- so you got to take a gamble if you feel strongly enough about them.

3. This one depends on what 'sorta' means- if there is someone your actions will really hurt or cause pain too, then you either need to be upfront with them first before moving on someone else, or be happy and prepared to live with the knowledge you are the sort of person who will hurt another for yourself (lots of folk are happy to live with that).
If on the other-hand sorta means its not an official relationship, and you are both free to see other people and are doing so, then no moral problems- go for it if you feel strong enough about this chap.

As to not knowing if they are attracted to you physically or as a person- can't help there, that one has never come up for me! Mad If someone shows an interest in me, trust me, its not for my good looks or incredible body, so its never been an issue I've had to deal with. You're on your own there! Very Happy }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:33 pm

To honor Norc's wish for wiping things clean, I will myself replace my responses with a short story.  Completely unrelated of course.

The Life and Loves of the Singing Wombats of Needlehole

Wombats, as anyone familiar with them will attest, are very fond of multi-part harmony.  These particular wombats in our story would harmonize soulfully in the sticklebat trees of Far Needlehole, filling the air with ethereal sounds during the gloaming hours of spring.

The girlfriend of one of the East wombats....what's a wombat?  Never you mind! ( Evil or Very Mad )  As I was saying before that squeaking noise interrupted me, the girlfriend of one of the East wombats was particularly fond of adding a major 7 to whatever chord happened to be drifting through the air, but then her boyfriend (of impeccable family, being as he was of the Eastern wombats) suggested that if he sang a 9th, she could sing a 6th, and it would somewhat average out to a major 7th.  Perhaps a bit sharp.

"But that would put you on top!" she exclaimed.
"Why, so it would." he agreed.

to be continued

Last edited by halfwise on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 You_ar10

Last edited by Norc on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:09 pm

"I'd like another in our 6-9 chord" she said.
"Why? we're making such beautiful music together!"
"But I think a third would complete us.  How about him?"
"But he's so young!  You really want him as our third?"
"A minor third in our 6-9 chord, rather racy don't you think?"
" Rolling Eyes "

Last edited by halfwise on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:20 pm

Last edited by Norc on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:44 pm

"Actually this 6-9 night music with a minor third still feels a bit rough."
"How about if we smooth it out with a drink?"
"Okay, I'll go get a tonic."
"How much?"
"A fifth."

Last edited by halfwise on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Maximize respect. Minimize drama. Remember your schoolwork. That's all I've got to say. silent

Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 UJpDi Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:37 pm

David H wrote:Maximize respect. Minimize drama. Remember your schoolwork. That's all I've got to say. silent
probably the best advice here.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Wear sunscreen?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 pm

halfwise wrote:Wear sunscreen?
there is no  real sun until like.. several months into next year. just.. WHY?! would i need that now..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:17 pm

It's been boiled down as the only bit of life advice that is actually useful. Though apparently not in Fyordlandia.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm

ok.. these posts have served their purpose. can a mod please delete the last idk 14 posts (all of 28th november) thx..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:48 pm

If purpose served there must have been an outcome. Nod  Let's cut a deal: the posts get removed, but only if we get an update. Twisted Evil

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:53 pm

halfwise wrote:If purpose served there must have been an outcome. Nod  Let's cut a deal: the posts get removed, but only if we get an update. Twisted Evil
you are no moderator.. 
Preparing Norc, no, Eldo for a life of college debauchery. Though it won't exactly be college; the grad school version of debauchery being far more refined. - Page 12 No-power
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Drat. Worth a try. Saucy Wink

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Perfect timing for this gem to resurface:

Cool

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:18 pm

You can edit, how do you delete?  That little delete x next to edit doesn't last forever.

EDIT: if can't delete, substitute in a placeholder. "Where's Yooper?" "Free the Wombats!" etc.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 pm

i actually made that post i think after someone (can't remember who) said it and someone (might have been me or someone els) thought it sounded like an inspirational quote old aunts posts on facebook.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I said that and you made it and it is brilliant.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:29 pm

halfwise wrote:You can edit, how do you delete?  That little delete x next to edit doesn't last forever.

You can only delete one of your posts until someone else makes another post in the same thread, however long that takes.
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next