Ally
Gandalf's Beard
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 26 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:23 am

Hush your Maj, with respect. queen Get on with series 5!
Karen should have been popular, she is rather lovely. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 am

Just watched 11th hour, so hush yourself! I'm still kind of unwilling to part w/ Tennant, but I love Matt Smith too!

Doctor Who - Page 26 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:29 am

You will come to think of no other as the Docor I am quite confident, given a few episodes Tin. And I will hush, if only to let you get on watching more. Very Happy Just keen to hear your feelings on them as a new viewer to Mr Smith and Karen as soon as possible.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:39 am

The soundtrack for series 6 goes on sale in the Uk on the 5th of December. Lovely Murray Gold soundtrack to listen to. Very Happy

And today (Oct31) is the release date for The Gunpowder Plot- one of the free Doctor Who games from the Official Website. Complete with a Teachers Pack if you happen to be a teacher and want to use it in class.

And for good measure here's a trailer for the first of the Adventure Games (theres 3 so far all free) City of the Daleks

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:56 am

Dunno how I missed this- made for the wrap party of the 10th Doctor era. And all set to one of Scotlands great party songs. Enjoy. Very Happy

And another from the wrap party (they certainly have fun these creative types!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 am

PETTY~!!!!! I was just about to post it! it showed up as most favorited on youtube! And I've seen 11th hour, the angels ones, and the vampires. I acidentally saw Big Bang, but I'm definitely going to watch the rest of the season! don't worry!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:29 am

I dont think I've ever seen Tennant looking happier than in that video- he is such a Proclaimers fan!

You do have a knack Tin it seems for watching the end of a season before the rest of it!! Evil or Very Mad You really should stop doing that! More than previous Who series the rest of the season is much more tied up with the endings than before. Are you one of those strange folks Tin who read the last chapter of a new book before they read the start?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:35 pm

I sometimes do that when I'm really bored of a book, but I can't not finish a book ever. I always want to know what happens, so i skip to the last few chapters. I usually do this in books that take forever to get started, and I don't just mean a couple of chapters and you finally get into the action, I mean books that take ten chapters just to get to know the main characters name. So boring. Sleep

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 pm

ya... i used to, but I don't anymore! It was more like I clicked on a random doctor who episode on Comcast, and I just got sucked in!!! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 am

It is only for you, your Maj, that there should be sorrow, sorrow that you may inadvertently have ruined many episodes of build up and reveals for yourself and many interesting questions to ponder over and enjoy that sadly you know the answers too before you know the questions.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who - Page 26 Empty dr who

Post by leelee Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:11 am

forgive my extreme ignorance, but I gave up cable years ago, my little one only learned what an advert was a few months ago and she is eight, but this Dr.Who is it a remake of something, I seem to remember that title from somewhere. And what is the premise and why do you like it,if you please Petty.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:33 am

Its not exactly a remake leelee, more a continuation.

The show began in 1963 and ran unbroken until 1989 when it was not stopped officially (its never officially been cancelled) but put on hiatus under a new Director of the BBC who hated it for some reason. In 1996 after much fan and media pressure it came back as a tv movie in association with an American TV network. But they only made the one tv movie and that was it. It survived as books, magazines and radio plays after that until 2005 when it was relaunched on TV again and it has been back since.

Its often mistaken, particularly by Americans, as a sci-fi because it has a time machine in it which can go anywhere in space and time, but its really more of a fantasy, the time machine is just a magic door to take you somewhere.
The Time Machine is called a Tardis and is owned by a mysterious alien person who simply calls himself the Doctor, where ever he goes he tends to walk straight into trouble, saves the day, and is gone again before anyone knows what really happened. He is in the classic 'Man With No Name' template of hero. He tends to take people along with him for a while, these are known as the Companions.

The Tardis looks like a police box from 1960's Britain, but is bigger on the inside. (The reason its a police box on the outside is sort of explained in my sig below- basically its broken!)

The Tardis, the Doctor and his companion Amy.
[img]Doctor Who - Page 26 SNN2245TAR_280_1049074a[/img]

Its bigger on the inside.
[img]Doctor Who - Page 26 Normal_DW_5x01_The_Eleventh_Hour_592[/img]

As a show it was designed, and is one of the few still, for the whole family. In the UK, especially on xmas day everyone from toddlers to great granny will sit down to watch Doctor Who- and every generation knows about it, its part of the cultural furniture here. Words from it such as Tardis are used all the time by Brits to describe a thing which appears bigger inside than was expected (like cars, flats, cupboards or ladies handbags, "Blimey its like a tardis in here!"). Part of the family appeal is the Doctor himself- he is very clever, he refuses to use weapons and although he has killed, and even on a very big scale, he does everything he can to prevent violence. He is very old (currently just over 1000 years old, but also young of heart), the Doctor can regenerate if he is fatally wounded- resulting in a new Doctor, with all the memories of the old one but in a new body with a new personality (this is one of the reasons it has lasted so long as a new actor can be a new Doctor when the old actor decides to leave) a bit like James Bond except with the excuse for different actors written into the plot. The current vesion of the Doctor, played by Matt Smith, is the 11th Doctor.

The 11 faces of the Doctor.
[img]Doctor Who - Page 26 11doctors-lrg[/img]

As to why I love it leelee, partly I suspect just because I grew up watching it, being terrified by it (it delibrately sets out to scare children but in a good healthy way, like the best fairy tales do) and partly because its such a simple premise with infinite story telling possibilities- all of time and space after all. And partly because there is and never has been anything else quite like it. It has a magic, that indefinable quality that makes it live on long after you stop watching.

Give this episode a go leelee, I think it may appeal to you. It was written by Richard Curtis, probably best known internationally for writing films such as 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' and 'Love Actually' but more fondly remembered by people like me for his tv comedies like Blackadder.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who - Page 26 Empty dr.who

Post by leelee Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:32 pm

What a brilliant idea, and really it could go on forever and ever. And unless the day came when fantasy was completely out of vogue, the generations of children knowing about this and enjoying it would never end. Thank you so much. Our entire family , loves both dry technical and fantasy, thus we have the Hobbit club and Lord of the Rings club and such, oh and we are ardent fans of Danger Mouse, crumbs anything like that. So, now I remember everyone but me saw the movie, was Peter Sellers in it, why I think that I don't know.How lovely to think of you all sitting in front of the television all watching and being together. We for some odd reason lost in antiquity all sit about on Easter at dinner to watch Wind in the Willows, have done forever. It is lovely.

Last edited by leelee on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:52 pm

It is a brilliant idea- deceptively simple. Give the episode I linked a watch- you might have found a new family tv show to share with your kids. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who - Page 26 Empty dr who

Post by leelee Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It is a brilliant idea- deceptively simple. Give the episode I linked a watch- you might have found a new family tv show to share with your kids. Very Happy

I think we shall Petty, I am rather excited to give it a try. I have been trying to think what your name is, what folk called their wee baby boys who were born the year you were. Ian, Douglas, Bruce? I have only a misted picture of you in my mind. Dark hair, medium build, dark tired ;eyes from life, but lovely just the same, a white uniform of some kind and a question mark over your head where you name should be. it's annoying!
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Specailly choosen episode to meet (I hope) your sensibilities leelee. Enjoy your first episode of Doctor Who. Very Happy

My first name is not in fact Scottish, my middle name is, a good Scots name, it was my grandfathers name on my father side and my surname is a clan name, linking me to my ancestors both in time and geographically (I still live in the same area my clan as dominent in long, long ago). But I like the idea of having a question mark over my head. Very Happy

And as for appearence, I look Scottish (ie pale blue)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:26 am

I am still patiently/stubbornly waiting for BBC entertainment nordic (which is the BBC channel I am blessed/cursed with here) to start sending dr. who again, or at least start over on season 1 (with the 9th doctor and his companion Rose).

I am sure you will LOVE dr. Who, Leelee. I started watching a few years ago, but as the doctor says himself: "I'm brilliant!"

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:48 am

Oh look! I am still a Bree-lander, but it looks like I am about to venture further into the world. I've been wondering if I should ask for a custom title, but I can't decide what it should be and I am slightly worried about what it would say if I should let the forumshire-folks decide. Shrugging

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:42 pm

You should definently have your own title Amarie. Not sure what though, Dark Planet Exile? The Last Ambassador? Sorry, those are pretty rubbish- need more buckie to think properly that's the trouble.

Here you go leelee, this will give you some context to the show.

I think I put an earlier version of this up before, but worth a repeat and it nicely sums up things for you leelee.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who - Page 26 Empty dr,,,,who?

Post by leelee Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Amarië wrote:Oh look! I am still a Bree-lander, but it looks like I am about to venture further into the world. I've been wondering if I should ask for a custom title, but I can't decide what it should be and I am slightly worried about what it would say if I should let the forumshire-folks decide. Shrugging

Oh Am, it is a relief to see you here. Namarie. I felt worried that I do not have that much time to visit our kin here and this is lovely. And for all you hobbits, one gorgeous elf and the rest here, you should go on to general discussion , then faces , then the link from there to our council page and see how beautiful Amarie is, and the awesome background to her picture. Well, that is however many of you are left that are not blocked to the LIGHT planet over there. Such Naughty kin, but oh well. You could subscribe to the Am fan club, I am a member. You are not banned there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as yet. Smile

Oh Joy,one hundred posts, yahoo, and it only took sixty five years. I could even give a kiss on the cheek to Odo I am so happy. maybe not.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Amarië wrote:Oh look! I am still a Bree-lander, but it looks like I am about to venture further into the world. I've been wondering if I should ask for a custom title, but I can't decide what it should be and I am slightly worried about what it would say if I should let the forumshire-folks decide. Shrugging

LET ME CHOOSE- I'll be sensible honest!
I still haven't got a custom title either, and what makes it worse is that Eldo created all the titles as male-oriented which meant that I was King under the mountain for about five months! Very Happy

Congrats Leelee on 1hundred posts! But oh! are you talking in riddles? Your posts do confuse me so! Am fan club? Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:35 am

100 posts!!! cheers Congrats leelee. Cause for a toast I believe (well everything is). drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:36 am

*cough* I think the Am in "Am fan club" would be yours truly here. And the pretty picture would be the picture on the PT (or DP) staff page, which was taken taken 8 or so years ago. I guess it is both nice and slightly creepy to find I have a fan club... i imagine that club must have very dull news letters...

Yeah.. so... moving hastily on:

Yes Ally, previous King under the mountain, feel free to suggest a title. I am sure we could do with a female point of view here. Smile

Yey for 100 posts, Leelee!! Very Happy I'm just halfway there.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Why don't I have a fan club? Evil or Very Mad I demand a fan club, with free buckie every week. Nod (What? I'd have to send the buckie to members not the other way round? Really? Shocked Thats stupid. Mad Whats the point of that then?) Forget I said anything.

(And congrats on reaching 50 Amarie!!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Oooh! I want to join! cyclops cyclops

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next