Ally
Gandalf's Beard
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 13 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 am

Now I've successfully converted you to the wonders of Who Ringdrotten just Eldo to persuade! Maybe I should try to persuade Baingil first, I hear she has some pull with the Admin! Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:42 am

Starting with the female part of a couple is always the best choice for that - women do tend to have the last say in what should be on the TV at any given time Very Happy

Doctor Who - Page 13 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:44 am

This is why they should never, under any circumstances, be given control of the TV remote!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:45 am

Or be let out of the kitchen in the first place.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:47 am

Umm given recent NotP reports I would like to withdraw my previous comment and to distance myself from Ringdrottens!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 am

(((((Damnit, I keep forgetting Embarassed))))) Somebody stole my password and posted insulting comments against women!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:53 am

Could have watched two episodes of Doctor Who in the time since I meant to go to bed - I never learn, it seems.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 am

Very Happy Ach well its only school tomorrow isn't it? Whats that compared to watching Who? And besides you finsihed your exams- what they got left to teach you! Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 am

Good points! And the sun will be risen in a few minutes anyway... No, I must restrain myself. Tomorrow is the last day, after that it will be all fishing, camping and Doctor Who in the evenings Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:14 am

Very Happy Now that sounds good! Sadly back to work and paying the rent tomorrow for me!

Amy Pond- "I grew up"
Doctor- "You never want to do that."

So true.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 am

Some lines worthy of remembrance in that show Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:23 am

This exchange always brings a smile to my face. (Mild spoiler- doesnt give anyhitng away but it is from an episode in series 5 you havent seen yet)

Angel Bob: The Angels are wondering what you hope to achieve.
The Doctor: Achieve? We're not achieving anything. We're just hanging, it's nice in here: consoles; comfy chairs; a forest... how's things with you?
Angel Bob: The Angels are feasting, sir. Soon we will be able to absorb enough power to consume this vessel, this world, and all the stars and worlds beyond.
The Doctor: Yeah, but we've got comfy chairs. Did I mention?
Angel Bob: We have no need for comfy chairs.
The Doctor: [amused] I made him say "comfy chairs".

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:28 am

Laughing Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:31 am

You can always rely on the Doctor for a childish quip in a crisis. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:35 am

This might be because I have seen only one Tennant episode, but I think Smith was better at that, the quick jokes when they are in tight spots (but perhaps that's got more to do with script than actor).

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Maybe I should try to persuade Baingil first, I hear she has some pull with the Admin! Very Happy

You really don't need to remind her of that. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 am

Eldorion wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:Maybe I should try to persuade Baingil first, I hear she has some pull with the Admin! Very Happy

You really don't need to remind her of that. Razz

You're safe, Eldo, as you know quite well I don't have the patience to sit through even TV shows I like. Sad
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:57 am

"I think Smith was better at that, the quick jokes when they are in tight spots (but perhaps that's got more to do with script than actor)."-Ringdrotten

Well the River episodes and Blink are penned by Moffat the current head writer so quips ahoy.

"You're safe, Eldo, as you know quite well I don't have the patience to sit through even TV shows I like."- Baingil

What you need is a cure, in fact it sounds like you do need a Doctor! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:17 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"I think Smith was better at that, the quick jokes when they are in tight spots (but perhaps that's got more to do with script than actor)."-Ringdrotten

Well the River episodes and Blink are penned by Moffat the current head writer so quips ahoy.

"You're safe, Eldo, as you know quite well I don't have the patience to sit through even TV shows I like."- Baingil

What you need is a cure, in fact it sounds like you do need a Doctor! Very Happy

Blink is fab! One of my favourite episodes since the series restarted, it was also the reason why I knew I would still like the series when Moffat took over too.

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:31 am

Controversial Moment Time!!!

Big question. Got asked this on the Doctor Who forum I visit, and damn them if on the surface at least they might not have a point! (Maybe)

Is the plot of a Good Man Goes to War (as far as the Doctor's character is concerned) just a rehash of the the finale to Journey's End (the Davros one where he 'reveals the Doctor's soul')?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Sounds strange! It's not Tennant I dislike it seems, I did enjoy his performance as the Doctor. The reason I haven't liked him before is because he annoyed me so much in one of the Harry Potter films (in my opinion the worst one in the series, even though I can't remember anything from it - I think I must have repressed the memories of that horrible film!)

Ah, as I'm a bit of an anorak on the subject of Harry Potter (I suppose I was in the right generation) I can tell you that was the Goblet of Fire. Tennant had about five lines (he was Crouch's son who impersonated Mad Eye for nearly the whole film) so thus it was proably other grievences that wound you up (i.e The pacing was horribly bad or that Robert Pattinson was in it! Razz)

Oh, and the weeping angels have to be the scariest monsters in the history of Doctor Who! Also one of the best episodes (though I also liked the "Are you my Mummy" episode in the first new series with Chris and a few others) I've seen!

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Controversial Moment Time!!!

Big question. Got asked this on the Doctor Who forum I visit, and damn them if on the surface at least they might not have a point! (Maybe)

Is the plot of a Good Man Goes to War (as far as the Doctor's character is concerned) just a rehash of the the finale to Journey's End (the Davros one where he 'reveals the Doctor's soul')?

I'd have to go and watch Journey's End again (which of course I can't- I don't have the box-set of Doctor Who) to make sure, but if I recall correctly Journey's End theme was about the doctor indirectly putting people in harms way to protect him, or just associating with the doctor- or something like that? Whereas this series theme has been...well I don't know... Wink He's been showed as a mighty Gallifration (er, is that the correct spelling?!) warrior (similarities there for sure with Tennant) but for now he has been outwitted and all the problems still remain. Of course that's just my vague rambling, we'll have to wait to see what Moffat has lined up for the series finale.

I betcha it'll be awesome though.

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 pm

That was pretty much my argument too Saradoc. I think in Journeys End thats about the Doctor's effect on those about him (Rory says in the Vampires ep "You don't realize how dangerous you make people to themselves.") Whereas in the last episode it was not about him using others as warriors but being one himself. The worst thing possible from the Doctors pont of view. I thought as much and glad to see you seem to be thinking along the same lines Saradoc.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Watched/listened to the Tom Baker classic Shada (written by Douglas Adams). It was supposed to be a season finale but industrial action at the BBC meant it was never completed- the BBC released what there was (about half of it) with the gaps filled in by Tom Baker narrating as the Doctor.
It concerns a bad guy trying to find the Time Lord prison of Shada, and in particular one of their worst criminals ever Sariavin (he was bad but a childhood hero of the Doctor because he had 'panache'). They enlist the help of nother Time Lord, an old man living as a Professor in Cambridge.
The Professor turns out to be the old Sariavin and the episode ends on this exchange;

Romana- I find it hard to believe the Professor is the great Sariavin, he is such a nice old man.

Doctor - Perhaps in a few hundred years someone will meet me and say, 'Is that really the Doctor? How strange, he seemed such a nice old man.'

This series has been coming for the Doctor for a very long time, and he seems to have always known it was a possibilty.

edit add- In the Doctors personnal timeline its about 300 years since he said that. So his guess of a few hundred years ain't bad.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm

For anyone who is interested (and I would of course recommend it) I'm putting Genesis of the Daleks on the Skydrive. I've edited all the episodes together to make a 2hour film (well just over 2 hours). Should be available at some point in the next couple of hours (still converting it). In the meantime to tempt you in here's the rather fab fan trailer again by Biggerbaddaddy:

If you only ever watch one Dalek story this is the one to watch. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next