Ally
Gandalf's Beard
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who - Page 3 Empty Re: Doctor Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:07 am

Well theres always break time to look forward to!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:09 am

Well, on our school computers, i tried to get on but they don't allow us on certain sites...

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:15 am

What? A respectable place like this wouldn't be banned surely? Its Odo Banks fault, he's brought disrespectability down upon us all now his criminal doings are global news.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:River and the Doctor. Its just a bit. 'timey-wimey' Squach.
The first time the Doctor met River in the library was the last time she met the Doctor.
Admittedly that sentence even makes my head spin a bit. Shocked

GB I think the bit with River and the Dalek showed she is certainly not the sort the Doctor would normally associate with.

Exactly!!! She just seems b**chy to me. Razz I could picture her on a Harley with tattoos and hanging with Hell's Angels. Rolling Eyes

And that "Timey Wimey" stuff always makes my head spin too when they do that Paradox stuff like we were talking about before on the ST stuff. Suspect It's a lot easier to work out when they don't just make s**t up as a plot device.

GB

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5678122/1/The-Adventures-of-Bilbo-and-Tauriel

Doctor Who - Page 3 Main-qimg-25b60ec8346a6008664b1df35a2131cd

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence."--Carl Sagan
Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 am

By the way, I never liked Martha either for pretty much the same reasons as River Song! She seemed cold and hard!

I liked Donna Noble though (but not as much as Rose and Amy Pond Embarassed ). Donna had an air of self-confidence and a sort of zany intensity like the Dr, but she was basically a very sweet and nice person. And it made me shed a few tears too when the Dr had to alter her memories. Crying or Very sad

GB

Last edited by Gandalf's Beard on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

The very first Hobbit Films fanfiction on the Internet, formerly known as The Adventures of Bilbo and Itaril when first posted waaaay back in 2009, revised and retitled as The Adventures of Bilbo and Tauriel

"It is like a finger pointing at the moon. Pay no attention to the finger or you will miss all that heavenly Glory"--Bruce Lee

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Location : In the Headmaster's office at Hogwarts having tea with Dumbledore, Merlin, and Obi Wan Kenobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:59 pm

I think the Doctor Donna scene was proably the saddest scene of Dr Who I've ever seen! But at least the doctor wins her the lottery! (Squash, it's a long and sliperry slope going on computers at break and lunch- trust me, in fact I'm supposed to be at an after school Geography revision thingy, but my teacher's gone to do something- save computers for home time!)

You shouldn't expect brilliant sound from pieces of plastic jammed up your ear, but I find ITunes music bearable GB! Most of my music I import from CD anyway, though I've never converted vinyal, just simply bought it again via Itunes, or even torrrented it... Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Ally wrote:I think the Doctor Donna scene was proably the saddest scene of Dr Who I've ever seen! But at least the doctor wins her the lottery! (Squash, it's a long and sliperry slope going on computers at break and lunch- trust me, in fact I'm supposed to be at an after school Geography revision thingy, but my teacher's gone to do something- save computers for home time!)

The Dr and Rose parting was even sadder to me (but that's just because I am slightly more biased in favour of Rose Embarassed --and Amy Pond too for that matter).

You shouldn't expect brilliant sound from pieces of plastic jammed up your ear, but I find ITunes music bearable GB! Most of my music I import from CD anyway, though I've never converted vinyal, just simply bought it again via Itunes, or even torrrented it... Very Happy

Which is why I don't have an I-pod. I do listen to some tracks online though (particularly to hear new stuff I haven't heard yet. But I wear headphones because the sound is awful otherwise).

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:53 pm

I like iPods. I have my own and i am almost always listening to it! albino

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:59 pm

I love Apple- even more so now that the best band ever to have graced our planet- The Beatles- have joined up with them! sunny

Whatever would we do with out IPods! (Be bored in school I imagine!)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

My favourite bands/singers are Selena Gomez, Kelly Clarkson. KT Tunstall and JLS!

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Think I've still got a Walkman somewhere! Shocked

Companions, my summing up.
Rose- hit and miss overall good.
Donna- I liked, fun, strong and as mentioned the ending of her story line is a heart breaker.
Martha I wasn't fussed about- not enough to like and not enough to hate. Has some good moments- Family of Blood two parter for example.
Amy my personal favourite, Scottish and gorgeous, full of feistyness. And in many ways the oddest companion since RomanaII- what with having the universe pouring through her dreams every night and the seeming ability to create- or forget- things so they never happened in the first place.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Beard Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:24 pm

I still use MY Walkman. Very Happy A relic from the age of Dinosaurs I suppose. God I feel old. Suspect

By the way Petty, I just remembered a Dr Who related dream that I had back in the Dinosaur era. It's quite odd really...because it is kind of a mash up with the Back to the Future trilogy. I had just landed the Tardis with some sort of companion who I don't recall, and I think I was Marty McFly.

Then a Victorian Era locomotive comes out of nowhere and stops right in front of me. Instead of Doc Brown, it's the Tom Baker Dr in the locomotive. He re-introduces me to Clara who he married, and to his sons Jules and Verne. I ask the Dr if he and Clara are going to the Future, and he replies that he's already been there, and then the locomotive flies off into the night.

And the weirdest thing about the whole dream is that I had it months before Back to the Future 3 even came out. Shocked

Needless to say I was stunned to see the ending of the movie, which was word for word the same as my dream. The locomotive looked exactly like the one in my dream, as did Clara and Jules and Verne. The only difference of course, is that Doc Brown was there instead of Tom Baker's Dr Who. Talkabout seeing the Future eh! Very Happy

GB

Gandalf's Beard
Gandalf's Beard
Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Witch! Burn the witch! affraid

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:40 am

GB???

Thats slighty freaky!
Shocked Shocked affraid affraid Shocked Shocked pale pale Shocked Shocked

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:35 pm

This man is a genius. Colouration of classic Who. Why the hell don't the BBC hire some dedicated soul like this instead of commissioning yet more property and celebrity shows!! And he did it on photoshop, manually, by hand, frame by frame Shocked Think what he could do with the equipment and resources the Beeb have.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 am

A sad day in the Whoniverse. Nicholas Courtney, who played the Brigadier has died aged 81. A good innings as they say. His character met more versions of the Doctor than any other character and even until recently he revived the role for the Sarah Jane Adventures.
For most though he is remembered for his time with Pertwees Doctor and the glory days of UNIT.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:32 am

A classic scene with Pertwees Doctor and Nicholas Courtney as the Brigadier. In memorial. Sad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Wow! cool videos! It must have taken ages to colour all of those frames! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 pm

My mind boggles at the thought of doing colourisation by hand in photoshop. Even putting aside the skill involved the sheer dedication required is huge- its a massive task.
To think if the BBC hired the bloke instead of no Who between series they could be showing classic episodes in full colour.

Talking of classic Who I thought I'd give my list of recommended classic episodes for those wanting to catch up. You can find them on Dailymotion if you search under the full title, i.e Doctor Who (then the episode title).

1st Doctor (William Hartnell)

1. An Unearthly Child- the first episode ever and a must for that reason - it leads into a story but can be watched as a stand alone.

2. The Space Museum- the Tardis arrives at a museum- and one of the exhibits is the Tardis and its crew!

3. The Chase- the Daleks have built their first time machine and its newer than the Doctors! Trying to outrun them he realises the Tardis turn around time for relaunch is greater than the Daleks- with every jump they get closer- time for a last stand?

2nd Doctor (Patrick Troughton)- sadly most of Troughton's Doctor Who has not survived.

1. War Games- the Tardis arrives in the trenches of WW1- or so it seems.

2. Tomb of the Cybermen- its a frozen tomb and its full of Cybermen!

3rd Doctor (Jon Pertwee)

1. Inferno- alternative universe time- evil versions of everyone you know and an exploding nuclear reactor. Can the Doctor save two versions of the earth in time?

4th Doctor (Tom Baker)

1. Genesis of the Daleks- The Doctor is hijacked by the Time Lords who want him to break some rules for them- mainly to go back in time and stop the Daleks every happening in the first place- the Daleks origin story, the first appearance of Davros and Sarah Jane Smith as companion. Not to be missed.

2. The City of Death- Paris, Romanna II, the theft of the Mona Lisa and the Doctor at his wittiest (it was written by Douglas Adams of Hitchhikers fame).

3. The Robots of Death- robot servants (lovely design, so lovely you might recognise them from a more recent xmas special) a classic murder-mystery.

4. The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis & Castrovalva-Not so much an episode as trilogy of episodes. Deep thoughts (shunting entropy in a neighburing universe) quantum mathmatics and something stalking the Doctor. Brings back the Master, find out how to get a Tardis, and see how Bakers Doctor ended his time.

5th Doctor (Peter Davidson)

1. Kinda- an episode with deep thoughts, often overlooked because of shocking effects, but if you put up with them there's a lot going on under the surface in this one.

2. The Caves of Androzani- A brilliant 'phantom of the opera' style villain, some great set pieces, lots of action and the end of Davidson's run as Doctor. Great fun.

6th Doctor (Sylvester Mccoy)

1. Remembrance of the Daleks- A primary school, the army and Daleks plus some creepy kids, Ace smashing a Dalek up with a baseball bat and a decent twist.

2. The Curse of Fenric- an old Norse myth, zombie like foe taking over people who go in the water, Ace deals with some emotional baggage and probably Mccoys best turn as the Doctor.

7th Doctor -Colin Baker

Ummm, really it was dead on its feet at this point, budget slashed, no proper writing team and shunted about the schedules- best largely forgotten about I'm afraid.

Worth noting;

1. The Five Doctors- a special, not brilliant but worth it to see the first 5 doctors together (sort of- Baker is only in old footage and the 1st Doctor only appears on a monitor screen).

2. Time Crash- five minute Doctor Who short for Comic Relief or Children in Need (cant remember which) in which Tennants Doctor meets his old self in the form of Davidson's Doctor. (This years Comic Relief also has a Doctor Who short- there was a still in today's paper showing 2 Amy's- now there's a thought! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 pm

A cracking trailer for the first series ever of Doctor Who. Enjoy and be tempted to go and watch.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:55 pm

For anyone wanting to know where to start watching Doctor Who I can think of no better place than the start of last season with a new Doctor and new story arc. Heres the trailer for it.

Starts with the episode The Eleventh Hour. (You seen it yet Eldo?)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 pm

The Van Gogh ep was a good un! (Most Doctor Who is though!)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 am

I somehow missed this one when I made my list of classic episodes. First Doctor story. The Dalek Invasion of Earth.

Pettytyrant
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:05 pm

A still from this weeks upcoming Comic Relief Special. I think Moffat has been looking into my dreams again!

[img]Doctor Who - Page 3 Kgill2[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Two Ponds?

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next