Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 11, 2011 8:43 am

Treebeards Hill in Fangorn where he meets Merry and Pippin.It doesn;tlook like I imagined it,turns out that was because my imagination was influenced by images of the scene from illustrations and film rather than from the book.

'..it was becoming increasingly stony...soon they saw there was a rock wall before them:the side of a hill, or the abrupt end of some long root thrust out by the distant mountains. No trees grew on it.....high up, almost level with the tops of forest trees, there was a shelf under a cliff...'

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Lowerfanghill[/img]

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 12, 2011 10:14 am

Anduin

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Anduin[/img]

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Anduin looks fab! Laughing Laughing

I was always dissapointed that Merry and Pippin meeting treebeard on the ledge didn't make the films! I love the image and surprise, I always imagined it as a little more like a rocky scar in a stony glade, with a few well places rocks and ledges for climbing up, reminiscent of those you find in Wenslydale, just on a grander scale. will have to take a piccy next time I am home!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu May 12, 2011 4:33 pm

I always pictured the ledge like a small clearing in the woods and the hill was actually ruins from long ago, and treebeard just kind of grew into it. I'm not sure, I'll have to reread the description, but that's one of things that remains unbiased by the films

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu May 12, 2011 6:12 pm

As Petty will no doubt tell you, and for once I agree with him (maybe because of buckie, using friend's wireless at the moment), Jackson ditched a great scene for some silly drama with a silly orc Mad

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 pm

On second thought (twice today?!) I agree with Petty more than once!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Anduin looks amazing! That might be my favourite render yet. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 12, 2011 6:43 pm

"Almost felt you liked the forest! That's good! That's uncommonly kind of you. Turn round and let me have a look at your faces, I almost feel that I dislike you both, but do not let us be hasty."

A brilliant introduction. But whats a brilliantly writing intro compared to am oversized cgi ent squashing an orc eh?

Thanks Eldo- the lighting came out really well in it. I imagine it as a view down Anduin as the sun is setting after the Darkness has spread form Mordor and crossed the river.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Biffo Banks Thu May 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Peejay dommppd eepz r grayt seen fur *^#*# ^!@(^ $*$@^ *%$#@ #$%!#@* crapp seenz! Mad Mad Mad

luvved treybaard seen (unkle udoh rud itameeweniwaz uh bubby!)
Biffo Banks
Biffo Banks
Braneyobbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 15, 2011 7:17 am

Test render for the Plain of Gorgoroth.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Gorgorothplains-1[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Replaced the Gorgoroth render with the above higher detail, lighter version- trying to get lava plains is quite tricky!!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat May 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Calling Gorgoroth beautiful would be a stretch, but your picture is pretty accurate according to my imagination Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Sat May 21, 2011 4:01 pm

I like the lightening!

bom Kapow!

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat May 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Went camping with a few friends last night, had a blast Very Happy Beers, karsk (not sure whether you want to know what that is!), friends, excellent food cooked on a fire, music, fishing and beautiful surroundings - couldn't ask for more Smile Snapped some pictures, but with an iPod so the quality isn't great, and I didn't take too many either. One of my fellow waltzers (the Australian meaning, not the dance, mind!) brought a very good camera, so he'll send me some pics later that I'll post. In the meantime, here's a few taken with the iPod Wink

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Img_0217

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Img_0210

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Img_0214

Brought my kayak with us (only used it while we were sober, though, so no worries!) Smile One of my friends went on a trip with it down the lake that lasted almost two hours, shame he didn't bring the camera because there's some really nice places further down there.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Img_0215

This place looked much nicer "live", the iPod camera didn't really do the mountains in the background justice.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 Img_0216

Last edited by Ringdrotten on Sat May 21, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sat May 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Ah lovely!

Made me think about camping, will ahve to see if Squach and I can get away with the tent in half term! Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat May 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Love camping, nothing's like spending the night out in the open Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Sat May 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Have to agree, try to get away every year, but we don't go enough

Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Sat May 21, 2011 4:28 pm

We camped near Alton Towers twice!!! That was sooooo cool! My fave ride was Air. Oh, and Nemesis too!

My smiley is going down on a rollercoaster! -> cheers

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 23, 2011 10:17 am

Lovely Ringdrotten- sadly Scotsdale weather has turned more, erm, tradtional of late (its raining sideways in a gale force wind) so not got out and about much!

For anyone who might be interested I celebrated my new pc by doing an animation of the Anduin scene above- its only a few seconds long (24 frames per second- on my old pc the Anduin pic took 8 hours to render so would have taken been way too long to do even 1 second of animation- but now I can do about 100frames in same amount of time! Whooooo!-although resolution is lower admittedly).
Its on the skydrive called 'anduin anim'. if you want a watch. Enjoy. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Tue May 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Lots of nice pics in here. I have to drive to see all the pretty spots around here, and none of it looks like Middle Earth. Mad
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Some rough weather today! Most extreme rainfall I've seen in in years, and some impressive thunder & lightning! Someone in my class took this picture:

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 25504210

And this:

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 5 24685111

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Nice. Love a good storm- just not a crazy destroy everything one! Small scale though excellent. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:35 pm

It's an awesome sight to behold indeed. I think I'll go for a walk tomorrow and see how the trees have been splintered, somehow that fascinates me Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:33 am

I just get plain rain, never anything interesting as lightning! In fact it's raining now, which has forced me to stay inside! Though I went to Switzerland last month, beautiful place, maybe I'll try to dig up a few pics up if the rain doesn't stop today!!

Very Happy

Cool pictures though Ringdrotten Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 am

Great pictures, Ringdrotten! We had some lightning here over the past few nights but unfortunately all I saw of it was the flash briefly illuminating a darkened room through the window. I love getting to see actual bolts, though -- when I'm relatively safe from them. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next