Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Eldorion Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:30 am

I refuse to acknowledge Petty's shameless attempts to make me jealous anymore! Mad Mad Aside from continuing to stare longingly at all of the beautiful landscapes he posts. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Saradoc Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Looking at these pictures makes me realise how desperately bad I need a new camera! This person had a killer camera over my house yesterday (killer=good) and took this awesome picture of me scaring a certain girl! Was an hilarious shot, well it was to me anyway!

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Saradoc wrote: (killer=good)

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Smashingly great translation!!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 am

I've been mucking about with some landscape generating stuff, this pic is just a tster, sky and land I was mainly concerned with but its just a basic render to get a feel for it, no object models or fancy lighting in it yet.
Trying to to do Caradhras and the Redhorn. I figure the redness of it might be due to a high iron ore content in the rocks. And Gandalf mentions somewhere the dwarves found iron there
Suggestions and comments welcome;

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Carabmp[/img]

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Ally wrote:Smashingly great translation!!

(smashingly=good(

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:12 pm

P.S
Prepare to be bombarded with usless pics of Yorkshire Dales. Been driven mad with 'Ooh take a picture of that hill. And that one'

Rolling Eyes

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Looking forward to some Dales pics- nice bit of the world, therefore Scottish by default!

Was out and about this evening with nagual and his camera. Enjoy, a Scottish spring evening;

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0332[/img]

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0331

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0330

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0328

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0370

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0371

Not a mountain top but a rock close up!
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0341

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0372

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0374

Some fauna and wildlife.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0338

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0380

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 DSC_0358

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 pm

As threatened by my daughter here are a few photos from the walk we went on with my mum this weekend. In contrast to what she may have led you to believe ther is a point to this, We moved to the Dales when I was nine and it is in this landscape that I first read the books. For this reason the Dales are the Shire in my eyes, so I wanted to share a few images of what the shire looks like to me!

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 IMG00437-20110417-1202[/img]
This is my typical shire image, rolling hills and trees around

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 IMG00421-20110417-1127[/img]
I could just imagine Bag end sitting in this hill

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 IMG00445-20110417-1319[/img]
Possibly the brandywine bridge? (although the rivers a little small to my ideas!)

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 IMG00447-20110417-1352[/img]
A little wilder as you leave the shire borders

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 IMG00434-20110417-1200[/img]
Can't leave out the party tree! although spring is a little late!

The journey home takes us up Sutton Bank and I had to grab this picture as it evokes the memories of the hobbits travelling through the woods in the shire!
[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 IMG00456-20110418-1540[/img]

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Definently a stolen bit of Scotland- its way to beautiful to be England!!
Agree about the Shire looking damn near just like that- so much so that if you don't mind Kafria I am going to nick one of your pics and have a go at inserting some hobbitholes and the like into it.
Agree the river under thebridge is a bit small for the Brandywine, but must be other bridges in the Shire crossing the Water.
Your pics make me wish all the more PJ had chossen to shoot in different locations, I'm not a fan of his film Shire, the lanscape is wrong and even the grass is the wrong sort!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Beautiful pictures Smile I should take my camera with me one of these days too, some nice places I'd like to share with you all Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:01 pm

The latest in my attempts to do renders of ME locations. Again its an early attempt.
Weathertop from sort of NW looking across the southern end of the Weather Hills.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Weathertop[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Love it! Keep 'em coming, Petty Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:09 pm

That's gorgeous, Petty. I thought for a moment that was another one of your photos. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:35 am

Cerin Amroth- I know the white flowers are the wrong shape and there should be some yellow ones too- its a work in progress.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Test2[/img]

edit- I thought I'd give the books description of this so you can see what I am aiming for;
'To the left stood a great mound, covered with a sward of grass as green as Spring-time in the Elder Days. Upon it, as a double crown, grew two circles of trees; the outer had bark of snowy white, and were leafless but beautiful in their shapely nakedness; the inner were mallorn-tress of great height, still arrayed in pale gold...At the feet of the trees, and all about the green hillsides the grass was studded with small golden flowers shaped like stars. Among them, nodding on slender stalks, were other flowers, white and palest green; they glimmered as a mist amid the rich hue of the grass. Over all the sky was blue, and the sun of afternoon glowed upon the hill...'

So a bit of work to go yet- needs more flower populations, especially gold and pale green.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:05 pm

That's beautiful!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Embarassed Thankyou Ally.
I'm working on it now, making the sky less cloudy, the mallorn leaves more gold and adding flower populations. I will post the result when its done but I am expecting a render time of about 8-10hours, so probably render it overnight and post it tomorrow.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:16 am

Attempt no.2.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 Amroth[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:34 am

It's perfect Very Happy The first attempt was good too, but I thought there were too few flowers. Was going to leave a comment about that, but then you said you were adding more flowers, so I waited. There's no need for a third attempt, this one is beautiful Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:39 am

cheers Thanks. Complicated one next-Dimrill Dale and the Mirrormere.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:10 pm

I look forward to that one (especially since it isn't in the film) Very Happy

Here's a picture that I found on the local newspaper's website, thought perhaps you lot would like to see it as well Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 3 100447-troll_jpg_715381f

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Nice. That anywhere near you? One thing though-the ski tracks- were they skiing backwards?! Question

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 pm

A 30 min drive or so from where I live. Didn't really notice the ski tracks, to be honest, but they are a little mysterious confused I know the people who live around that area are a bit odd, though, so you never know Laughing

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:22 pm

That is stunning! I love crisp clear snow days, but we rarely get them here, just have to put up with the sea fret rolling in!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 pm

We get too much of the damn thing, but it's true that it looks nice on a quiet, sunny day Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next