Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amariƫ
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Seems like the heavy rain is causing much trouble and damage down south:

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 978x

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 978x

I feel bad for those whose houses have been washed away, I know how it feels to lose your house and lifelong home - it's awful.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Ouch! Not good. My heart goes out to all those affected.
Its been the wettest month here since 1910! Fortunetly our women folk use all the rain water as mixer for their buckie.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:11 pm

That looks terrible. My thoughts are with all of those affected.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Fortunetly our women folk use all the rain water as mixer for their buckie.

You Scots do tend to make the best out of every situation Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Very optimistic people (so long as the buckie flows and the English aren't about) every downpour is a chance to dance drunk in the rain. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:04 am

Just found this, dont you think it looks like Gondor.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 X6fo5u
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:26 am

A bit arid but I could see it being one of the more remote locations in the White Mountains, particularly in the film-verse. study What is that picture originally? Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:46 am

A Buddhist Temple of Ki in the Himalayas
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 am

I'm not sure it was half way up a hill... Shocked But it does bear some resemblance to PJ's version. His close-in shots of streets and buildings were okay, but his long-view shots didn't work for me.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 am

Finally a decent day, so off to, first an old castle.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Towerandarch[/img]

The Main Entrance

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Gateway1[/img]

Some of the , now very worn, detailing on the entrance arch.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 DSC_0523[/img]

The Main Court

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Court[/img]

Inside part of the Tower

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Doorvault[/img]

Heading Down!

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 DSC_0469[/img]

Below!

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Beneath1-1[/img]

The Vaulted Ceiling

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Vaultedroof[/img]

Amazing Tree at Entrance

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Treemaiin[/img]

After the castle a quick trip to a lighthouse.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Lighthouse1[/img]

Where we annoyed a bird who had a nest nearby.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Bird1[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Bird2[/img]

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Bird3

Still worth it for the view across the Island of Rothesay with beyond it the mountains on Arran.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Arranmts[/img]

An as a final picture, an epitomy of Britishness.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Telephonebx[/img]

It even works, I checked.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Nagual found a map of the castle layout for intrests sake thought I'd stick it up.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Toward[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:57 am

Should let Time Team no, i like that show)

Do you have trouble uploading your photos Petty, on some sites i have to downsize before it accepts my photo.
I have a Nikon coolpix 100 just as a starter, didnt want to buy anything to expensive in case i lost interest.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:14 am

Can be slow with big pics but not had any trouble with the size otherwise. These I reduced and are about half the size of the originals and then uploaded to photobucket.

Fan of Time Team myself except they tend to give the impression history didn't start in the UK until the Romans turned up, despite there being some 6000 odd years or so of previous history.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:34 am

Here's a couple of shots with my camara.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 2ylwc1z

Grevillier in my garden.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 2rekrjs
Burnsbeach WA

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 65pb45
Villa Seminyak, Bali. This is where i stayed.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:45 pm

affraid That's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 6 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Your garden Chris appears to have an ocean in it. Shocked Thats a big garden!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Tinuviel wrote: affraid That's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed! Shocked I wish I was could stay in a place like that. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Poor Eldo. When you inevitably become rich at whichever damn clever thing it is you decide to do you will just have to buy yourself a place with a proper view. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Thanks Petty. Razz Preferably I'll find a place without power lines and illegal-firework-setting-off neighbors right outside my back window. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Even get the firework setting off idiots here Eldo- not sure you can get away from that one, sadly.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Sad Are yours at least smart enough not to set them off from beneath trees?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Ours often aren't smart enough to remember to let go.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm

lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Ours often aren't smart enough to remember to let go.

Is it the general intelligence in those parts or the buckie use?
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Buckie mainly- but sadly that's the real world counterpart without the all important 0.00001% miruvor in it. Its much worse, it not only makes you think setting off fireworks when you have forgotten how your limbs work is a good idea, it then makes you forget you've lit them by cunningly distracting you by making you fall over sideways whilst shouting abuse at strangers and challenging them to fights.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next