Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Ally Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 pm

I buy the independent's I most days, and read it in frees during school. Only twenty pence too- bargain! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Squach Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:33 pm

saw the ad for it but never found it in shops, well, at least not when i actully had money on me !

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:49 pm

It's a good paper (for twenty pence) with stuff on style, fashion as well as culture. I flick through it during quiet periods at the museum that I volunteer at, great pictures too, though it's from the Independent so that's no surprise. Also makes you seem really cool and grown up in school; trust me, I do it all the time, to make me look mature!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Not sure the Year 11's would approve (some of them) or even anyone. I would look a bit weird to be honest
Embarassed

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Squach wrote:Not sure the Year 11's would approve (some of them) or even anyone. I would look a bit weird to be honest
Embarassed

I was very self-concious in yr11 (up to the point where I'd only enter the library if had some work to do urgently!!) but I much prefer reading/writing/working in the library than being cold hanging around outside or town- which is what I did for pretty most all of last year. You wouldn't look weird at all, but you can start that kind of thing in upper school, where you actually have quite a lot of work!

Talking of weird, I once was reading for so long that I was still in school at 3.10- I finished that day at 11.00! Now that's weird, spending all day in the library, on my own, reading!!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:09 pm

Well, since mum works at my school, I stay after school and i go on games in the library. My friends mum is the receptionist so she stays with me in the library.
We often work on stories. Here's the beggining of one. Don't know where it's going yet, but thought it makes a nice opening!

“Come on! It doesn’t take two hours to fold the washing, Sara!” Mum called.
I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t folding the washing at all. I had finished ages ago. I had been using chore time to text, e-mail, and communicate to my friends in as many ways as possible. I was talking about pretty much everything possible; the upcoming disco, boys, homework, music, books, you get the idea.
“I’m coming, Mum!” I charged down the stairs, phone in my hand, a wireless Bluetooth headset on my head, and I almost brought my netbook, but I left it where it was. I appeared before my mum, who looked me up and down.
“Sara! How many times have I told you to use chore time to actually do chores! The clue’s in the name, you know, chore time, to do chores?”
“Sorry mum, but there’s some hot gossip from school… Well? Want to hear it?” I could tell Mum didn’t really want to hear the ‘hot new gossip’ at all.
“Sara, you’ve only been at home for two hours, and you really need to tell me this?” She paused, looked at my ‘Please, oh please’ face, sighed, and gave in.
“If you must,” I muttered a ‘Yes’, and put the kettle on. If I was going to the disco tonight, I would need to be awake for it!
“Ok… Well… I think Mason has a crush on me,” I squealed in delight, my long, brown hair bouncing along. Mum had ‘really?’ written all over her face. “Mum, please, this could define my future. I could end up lonely dreaming of Mason, or I could put myself out there and be with him forever!” I almost fell off my chair I was in such a dreamy state. Mum just turned her back on me and strolled up the stairs to collect my folded washing, and to probably confiscate my netbook for a week.
Mason was my ultimate crush. He had always been mean to me, but that means he is mad for you. I am very sure he is too shy to express his feelings for me, and that is why nothing ever happened. Unlike my loony pals, Lara and Kara, (I know, we all have rhyming names!) I make sure I am sure that I want a relationship and that the boy likes me back. I have yet to receive my first kiss from a boy. (That is, if slobbery kisses from my little brother Joe don’t count)

(Disco part not finished yet)

I was sitting in the lunch hall, talking to Lara about her date with yet another boyfriend, Mark, when Kara came over to us.
“Hi guys, sorry, I was at the toilet.” Kara shoved her tray with a ham sandwich, orange juice, and a biscuit onto the table me and Lara were perched next to.
“…and then he kissed me!” Lara was in a world of her own, flicking the ends of her shoulder-length, golden hair at my face. One flick of hair ended up in my eye, which wasn’t the nicest experience.
I tried to sound interested, I honestly tried, but I couldn’t shadow it. Luckily, Lara was too immersed in Mark to notice. “Wow! What was it like?”
“What, going to the toilet? It was like… well… going to the toilet,” Kara was seriously confused. I gave her a playful shove.

“No, we were talking about Lara’s ‘dream’ date last night,” I leant over and whispered behind my hand, “Well, I was listening, and she was babbling. She’s totally lost in Mark. It was just starting to get boring, thank God you’re here! Ooh! I think Mason is looking at me again! Can you believe it? That’s four times in the last five minutes!”
“Yeah, he’s totally into you! Wait, who’s that? Ooh. Oh. Um, you’re not going to like this, but I think Mason has a girlfriend.” She was looking at Mason with a scared look. Scared? Of me? Nonsense! I’m not scary! Well. Only a little bit.

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Nice one Squach! Keep reading, keep writing, you never know where it will take you. Very Happy

Fishing trip with Nagual today about 10 miles along the coast at Loch Striven. I caught three different types of seaweed and on one unfortunate occasion my own thumb! No camera with us sadly so heres some google found pics of where we were.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 2235134028_52bf9fc763[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 612182044_3af4c40e79[/img]

There's a navy refuelling station there, was a US frigate in today.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 CSfortgeorge0426[/img]

Weather-wise today was more like the way it is in the last pic rather than the first ones- still stunning of course, always is regardless of weather.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:15 pm

We also took a trip by old Toward castle (its on the way). Its 15th century, so quite new for round here really! (The stones at Kilmartin are about 2000-3000bc). My ancestors sacked this place, raised it and took the people into the town where I live and hung them. Ahh the good old clan days!

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Castle_toward_dunoon02601s[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Old_Castle_Toward[/img]

That huge tree just behind the gate is an ancient old Holly tree, its massive. Almost certainly was there before the castle and was a sacred place, good chance its why the castle is there. The bit on the right was the Castle Chapel.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:35 pm

One summer I'll fly to Scotland and just spend a month or two walking across the country. Love those old ruins and the landscape. I'll bring a knife, a tent and a pipe - what could be better? Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Give me a shout when you do Ringdrotten, I can steer you clear of crappy tourist spots and treat you the good places, especially for a bit of peace, quiet, camping, drinking and especially imbibing from a pipe!

edit- And no need for a tent- got all the camping gear you need right here and a spare room lying empty for when not camping! You just need to get here. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Sounds good Smile My brother was there a year ago or so, couldn't recommend it enough.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 pm

I'm serious, no point paying to stay places when I've got an empty room lying unused- and if you turn out to be a Norwegian nutter- well you'll fit right in! Wink (or we can always sacrifice you to the old Gods- you have seen The Wickerman?!)

edit- same goes for anyone else on here who happens to visit this corner of the planet. You are welcome to stay. I can deal with nutters (not that I think anyone on here is, but you never know).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Nutter?! Well, sometimes perhaps, but I usually manage to behave myself Very Happy It's a very generous offer, and I'll keep it in mind Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:23 pm

My family are rush cutters ("rushers"), but my cousins, the Bywater Bankses are all "nutters" - not many trees in Rushock Bog, but plenty near Bywater. Family joke is our cousins are all off their trees... nut trees, we assume. Very Happy
odo banks
odo banks
Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:12 pm

My family always call me a "nutter", and I'm always offended, then they call be a "sensitive nutter"! I actually used to visit Scotland with my family as a child, but then two more came along, and my mum and dad couldn't stand the 11 hour drive, so we haven't been since I was about 2! It's a lovely place though, not that I can remember much about it!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 pm

Scotland looks nice but people like Mr Tyrant live there.
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:19 pm

lol! lol!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:21 pm

I fail to be amused, Ringdrotten! Mad
odo banks
odo banks

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Bloody cheek all round! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:08 am

First you call him evil, then you offend him even more! This is getting out of hand!!!

Would you say that England was nice, apart from the fact that Kafria and I live here!?!?!?!?!?!?

Certainly not! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:19 am

Went to the Lake District last year. Amazing place.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Lake-district[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Travel-graphics-200_429174a[/img]

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Lake-district-14

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 Striding-edge

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Confirms my belief the North of England is really southern Scotland stolen! Stunningly beautiful.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:43 pm

I haven't climbed a mountain in ages, I want to climb the skirrid again!!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:09 pm

A days hard graft helping Nagual level of some ground for a large shed (for his canoe), but who cares about grafting when the surrounds look like this- the beautiful Loch Eck.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0300-Copy[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0299-Copy[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0304-Copy[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0309[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0310[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0305-Copy[/img]

And the 'backgarden' behind where we were digging;

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0315[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0314[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0317[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0311[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0312[/img]

And the hills above;

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0301-Copy[/img]

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 2 DSC_0302-Copy[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Breathtaking Shocked

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next