huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 10 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Lancebloke Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:22 am

Front door keys snapping... that is always one to nudge the crabbing meter northwards.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 10 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by azriel Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Mmmmm, bit like screws..........
You get 3 out, 2 with effort & the last one gets firmly stuck

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 10 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 10 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Lance if you will insist on using your front door key to disarm Kardashistani spys who have just fallen onto your parachute from a Russian jet, then yes, it will snap easily. Rolling Eyes its called a hair fracture.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:30 pm

absolutely disgusted at the border control idiots letting hulking 25 year old men pretend they are 'children' into the country. Any normal person can see these people are adults. where are the real children and where are the girls? its a fucking disgrace and its taking the piss. would you let these smirking men into a school room with your kids? I don't think so.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:27 pm

I fooking agree with you Figgs !!! It was on the radio as I dashed out this morning so I didn't get to hear it all. Smirking adult males wont feel bad about pushing in front of women, children, old & sick, as long as they can get in & grab some British ( Italian, French, Spanish, Greek etc ) tottie to muff then, what the hell Mad
Immigration/border control should be shot before dawn !!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:33 pm

there is a facial recognition programme which is very accurate and the average age of these so called 'children' is 30! what the fucking HELL!!
surely children are humans who by definition cannot survive without parents, these men look like they could survive on a building site without problems.

word up to border control. CHILDREN DONT HAVE BEARDS.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:10 pm

When you make an online payment to your credit card, don't notice that you added an extra zero, and wake up the next morning to your bank telling you that you are thousands of dollars overdrawn. Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:52 pm

cheers Woo hoo Halfy !
I know, not one to smile at but honestly.......Hope you've got yourself sorted out ? Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:14 pm

shit that's a nightmare scenario, hope you get it sorted out without too much stress.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:01 pm

{{{ Shocked How could you lose such control of your sporran Halfy!!! Shocked Mad }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:56 pm

I made some phone calls that should straighten things, but what's annoying is "it will take 2-5 business days to process."

It's all friggin' ELECTRONIC.  What's there to process? It only took 1 day to pay it in the first place, shouldn't take that long to cancel since it's listed as 'pending'. Sheesh.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:37 am

it always takes longer when they are giving you your own money back, funnily enough. they are quick enough when they are taking your money. very odd. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:23 am

Credit back from a credit card do take a while. Bear in mind that your credit to the card also takes a few days too... it isn't instant when it comes to the processing of it.

Also.. of it were a bank mistake of that amount then pitchforks and torches to the ready... but it wasn't!

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Yeah I know, nobody's fault but my own. My credit card has now officially gone back to normal, but my bank account hasn't yet.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:31 pm

My train to Sheffield doesn't leave for another hour and gets me there at 1.45am.... should already be on it if it wasn't for slow food service!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:00 pm

Sheffield would make anyone crabbit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:29 am

Still not there yet.... Sad
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:58 am

Getting home far later than you expected is so wearisome. 

I'm crabbit because I just lost three online chess games in a row. I had big "d'oh!" moments in each of them too.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:47 am

Playing on chess.com? Very Happy

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 10 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:43 am

Yes, it is my chess go-to because noone in my entire family apart from a nephew will play me.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:43 am

And another long drawn-out end-game loss. BLECH!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:09 am

Is chess.com played against other people? In that case, a viewpoint from Washington Square in New York. There are chess boards engraved in the tables, and chess pros sit at them playing games for $5 each. the proper attitude is to view them as lessons for $5, not as games. They will tell you what you are doing wrong, and you will not be winning. I suppose chess.com has no mechanism to tell you what you are doing wrong, but if you can self-analyze and think of each game as a lesson, it may feel better.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:13 am

That's true, as it is for many things in life. If you can learn from your failures, they aren't a waste of time. 

Unless of course you're learning from your defeats in a MOBA game like when I used to play DotA 2. That really is a waste of time.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:01 pm

are you in Sheffield yet Lance?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Yesterday afternoon it was 67 F (19.5 C) and I started to sweat while I was stuck in traffic with the sun beating down on my car, and then last night it snowed (albeit just a dusting). :facepalm: Maryland weather isn't supposed to be this schizophrenic until spring starts. Mad

Fingers crossed that there will be enough snow in upstate New York/Vermont/Quebec to go skiing when we're up there in a couple weeks. We went the same weekend last year and one of the mountains we usually hit up was closed due to lack of snow.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next