Ringdrotten
leelee
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
Norc
24 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] Empty Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Beautiful Music, Amarie!

yes, my job is to wake up early and if a cloud dive seems in the cards, I run around and wake others up.  for some reason no matter how much I've imbibed I can always wake up early for a cloud dive.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by Norc Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Laughing at this whole thread Very Happy there is something about mothers and finding stuff, Petty. I am not quite there yet. 

finmarksvidda? interesting..

oh .. nevermind.. i can't stand those .. trumpets thing.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Amarië wrote:{{{Halfie, I might have fixed a fight for you, I added a little something to Petty's post. Scroll up and you might notice it. Ok? Are we good?}}}
{{{ wow, you did all of that just to make things good? Cheers, mate! pub  }}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 pm

cloud diving looks so cool! but isn't it a bit scary not knowing what the ground or what's underneath the clouds look like?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:51 pm

You wait until just enough opens up that you can see where you are going, then you dive for that hole. Have to be familiar with the surroundings: there's a bridge at the end of the landing field, the moment I see that bridge, I'm off.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:51 pm

halfwise wrote:
Amarië wrote:{{{Halfie, I might have fixed a fight for you, I added a little something to Petty's post. Scroll up and you might notice it. Ok? Are we good?}}}
{{{ wow, you did all of that just to make things good?  Cheers, mate! pub  }}}
{{{It was a pleasure, believe me! Cheers! Very Happy pub }}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:53 pm

This place reeks of peppermint! Mad Whats going on?! Suspect 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59 pm

halfwise wrote:You wait until just enough opens up that you can see where you are going, then you dive for that hole.  Have to be familiar with the surroundings: there's a bridge at the end of the landing field, the moment I see that bridge, I'm off.
yeah, i see Very Happy there are some great spots here to do hang gliding btw Smile the most famous is setting off from Fløya and over the city Smile

this vid has some cool tromsø music Smile röyksopp
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Beautiful launch site!

The beeping you hear at the beginning of the first video is a variometer, which tells you if you're going up or not, and how fast by the pitch and speed of beeps. This is needed because if you are going up or down at constant velocity you can't feel it, and if a few hundred meters high you can't see it either over the course of a few seconds.

Since the beeping was only at the beginning, he wasn't getting lift anymore which is why he landed.

Tempting to go fly there...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:27 am

yeah, the variometer sounds like a good thing to have Laughing i dunno if i would dare do hanggliding, but it looks pretty cool and that launch spot is pretty safe Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 am

Norc wrote:Laughing at this whole thread Very Happy there is something about mothers and finding stuff, Petty. I am not quite there yet. 

Suspect And I thought you were cool. Things that are making you crabbit! [4] 0poeng_zps66679b6b

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Eldorion wrote:Gorgeous videos!  The cloud dive one was especially cool.  Makes sense about the attached camera thing, though. Laughing

The camp ground is at the end of a long-ish peninsula jutting out into the north of the Bay.  To the west you can look out toward Havre de Grace, and to the east is the channel leading to the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal.  A lot of ships come by fairly close to the park on their way to or from the canal.  The park covers a fair bit of the peninsula so it feels more isolated than it really is (relatively speaking).
Wow, all those names, makes me put my hand on my heart and sing Oh beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain....and I am Canadian:lol: 
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Here's from around here. Smile

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:39 pm

The guy kept blowing right through thermals without turning in them Mad , I was surprised at the cut to a higher altitude.  He could have been there sooner.

There's a some animosity between hang gliders (HG) and paragliders (PG) here.  Most paragliders are from Europe, where the mountains and valleys are typically so tamed that they can launch and land anywhere.  Here launchable sites are rare, and the worry about lawsuits so high that it can take long negotiations with farmers to get permission to use their fields for landing on a regular basis.  So HG is always very organized, PG are mavericks.

So when the HG organize work parties and donate money for landowner gifts, the PGers usually don't understand and don't bother to contribute.  It's slowly getting better, but at first HG were turned off by the unhelpfulness of the PG community, and the PG were turned off by the antagonistic response of the HG community.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Amarië wrote:
Norc wrote:Laughing at this whole thread Very Happy there is something about mothers and finding stuff, Petty. I am not quite there yet. 

Suspect And I thought you were cool. Things that are making you crabbit! [4] 0poeng_zps66679b6b
i'll give it another go Smile m
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:59 pm

meeeh.. still don't like that trumpet.. song was ok. i just have heard too many trumpets been used to describe "the arctic" and i am fed up, they all sound the same to me.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:07 pm

It could be worse, it could be pan flutes they chose to represent the artic. Laughing

It's a bit unlogical to choose trumpets though, brass instruments and cold temperatures is not a good combination.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:10 pm

haha, yeah, true Smile i like they've gone for the electronica style ^^

yeah.. brass instruments and coldness hehe Very Happy although violins struggle in dry, cold weather too .
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:13 pm

It is not that I just noticed, but just now I thought of how the average person would feel, going to a thread like this, or pretty well any on this site, and wondering if they had sustained a concussion in the last five minutes and not known, or maybe we were , well you, |I m Hobbit forum challenged so far) speaking a language never heard of before, or one Enya brought to life. Scarey but thrilling.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 pm

So , if a paraglider becomes a handglider are they otrasized and stripped of their amenities. Is it like the war of the roses? I am so out of touch.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:24 pm

I dont think you are out of touch at all Leelee, in fact you sound rather like CC with that last post! Shocked 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Typical HG learns PG because it's more convenient (a PG packs up like a large duffel bag, a HG packs up like a rolled carpet), rarely the reverse. A decade ago they'd be teased unmercifully for becoming "panty-pilots", but now it's become fairly common. The rift is healing but still there.

I could go on a long time about comparisons between the two, but am sure nobody's really that interested so will give it a pass.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I dont think you are out of touch at all Leelee, in fact you sound rather like CC with that last post! Shocked 
Stop being so adorable Petty, I am sick of hearing your praises here from a certain little Jewess who tells her friends about you; you now have a following No matter what you say, no matter if you are angry at me, she overlooks it. Hmmp I am tempted to fly her out there and catch you unawares when you get off the job and fling her into your astonished arms. She will merely say we'll write and that will be that. I think I shall set up a thread "Things that make you angry about that perfect, sly, patient, oblivious from Buckie( just wait until I get my hands on those Brothers that brew it) Petty.
If none of this makes sense I have accomplished my mission, I think. Being angry is awful for me, but honestly, in my own home, a Petty fan club.Shrugging 
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:11 pm

leelee wrote: Being angry is awful for me, but honestly, in my own home, a Petty fan club.Shrugging 
Better you than Figgy! lol! 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next