huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 11 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:57 pm

# globalwarmingdoesntexist
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 11 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Some users on this irksome D&D subreddit were talking about adding a permanent section on the page for people to post the characters of their friends and family who played D&D in the past but have since died so that other people can use those characters in their own games as Non-player Characters. 

What. The fuck. I am genuinely creeped out by the whole thing. And I hate Reddit.  No

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:33 pm

{{I suppose they could be seeing it as a way of honouring the deceased memory by keeping alive something they created and cared about and giving it a new life in imaginary worlds. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Yes I think that is the intent. But the groups on the reddit website are such a cult that the whole thing just feels off to me. I mean, imagine if everything we wrote on Forumshire was voted upon by the other users, so that the most "liked" topics and posts rose to the top and were read at the exclusivity of most of the other posts. The whole system promotes a hive-mind of groveling behavior in which one, subconsciously or not, attempts to appeal to the majority.

Keep the memory of your loved one's characters alive if you wish, but expecting strangers to do the same? It's bizarre! And it's not as though the deceased players are having much say in the matter. Mad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:00 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Yes I think that is the intent. But the groups on the reddit website are such a cult that the whole thing just feels off to me. I mean, imagine if everything we wrote on Forumshire was voted upon by the other users, so that the most "liked" topics and posts rose to the top and were read at the exclusivity of most of the other posts. The whole system promotes a hive-mind of groveling behavior in which one, subconsciously or not, attempts to appeal to the majority.

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 11 TXx7N25

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 am

That's the way many comment sections work.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:56 am

I don't think that's really a point in upvoting's favor.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:13 am

Didn't say it was.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 am

Downvoted for not thinking the same thoughts!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 pm

{{{Work! Or not work! Or both! I got fired....again!!!!! Evil or Very Mad My crabbit could take more and found an outlet- via my mouth!
So all this week I have been in training to start a new job- and tomorrow is test day! Mad
Pass and job is mine all is well with the world and I can pay my bills at the end of the month- fail and no job, no resits, and no reapplying for the company and no bills paid. Mad
Worse yet, if you fail no money for the weeks training you just gave up, if you pass no money for 6 months for the week you just gave up Mad
I hate the modern workplace- I much preferred the days when you went in asked if they had a job, if they did and they liked the look of you you got the job and started and learned by doing. }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Oh Petty Neutral I'm sorry. Life now is harder than Ive ever known it. This awful stage between jobs is frightening ! The pressure is choking. I remember the good old days when You walked in, asked & all was Hunky Dory.It was Yes or No without the Valium.

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Fingers crossed for you my Scottish comrade. What is the job market like north of the wall? I know some places in is dead... hope your area isn't one of them.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:17 pm

{{Main employers are pretty limited- big employers are a call centre, amazon depot (though you need to get a ferry to get to it) various fish farms (tough work mainly filled by immigrant Labour- lot of Poles there-1-3 hour journey times either way through windy country roads and mountains!) or sitting at a till in one of the two supermarkets. After that its all pretty low quality cleaning jobs ect- and most work is part time not full time or zero hour contracts. Mad Finding actual full time work, even in care these days, is getting harder.

I left (well got fired Mad ) from one care job and I'm hopefully, if I pass, about to start another- this time in the community rather than in a Home- I was sort of head hunted for 1 specific client. I saw the company end of last week at a jobs fair, they arranged a hasty interview for me very next day (Friday) and fast tracked me onto this training course which began on Monday. But got to pass first or no job, head hunted or not! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Good luck Petty. and if you don't get this job, you need to become an MP like I said. That way you can do a Mhairi Black and tell the Tories they are 'full of shite'. its a job made for you.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Work! Or not work! Or both! I got fired....again!!!!! Evil or Very Mad My crabbit could take more and found an outlet- via my mouth! }}}

I sympathize! Mouths can be problematic. Nod
I used to do well in the Alaska fish cannery because the jobs lasted about 3 months a year, which coincidentally was just about exactly as long as I could keep my @#$% mouth shut! Mad

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:47 am

You will stun them with your brilliance Petty, of that I have no doubt. Just make sure it's complementary brilliance.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:16 am

halfwise wrote:You will stun them with your brilliance Petty, of that I have no doubt.  Just make sure it's complementary brilliance.
Smile

Goodluck with the job!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Main employers are pretty limited- big employers are a call centre, amazon depot (though you need to get a ferry to get to it) various fish farms (tough work mainly filled by immigrant Labour- lot of Poles there-1-3 hour journey times either way through windy country roads and mountains!) or sitting at a till in one of the two supermarkets. After that its all pretty low quality cleaning jobs ect- and most work is part time not full time or zero hour contracts.  Mad  Finding actual full time work, even in care these days, is getting harder.

I left (well got fired Mad  ) from one care job and I'm hopefully, if I pass, about to start another- this time in the community rather than in a Home- I was sort of head hunted for 1 specific client. I saw the company end of last week at a jobs fair, they arranged a hasty interview for me very next day (Friday) and fast tracked me onto this training course which began on Monday.  But got to pass first or no job, head hunted or not! }}}

So.....?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:39 am

{{{I am 99% sure I passed- dont actually know yet, but the instructor took a quick look through my test when I finished and said "looks good." }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:31 am

Potentially good then!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{I am 99% sure I passed- dont actually know yet, but the instructor took a quick look through my test when I finished and said "looks good." }}

Good luck, petty! This is good news Smile

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Thumbs Up good luck.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:09 pm

today got no patience, anyone that makes me wait for more than a nanosecond is going to get it! Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Pety - Send them a thank you note for the interview with some thoughtful follow-up remarks and a neatly folded tenner.  That usually does the trick. Twisted Evil

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Wait

for

what

?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next