huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 6 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:37 am

Damnit. This smell of peppermint only serves to make me more crabbit. Let me know when things return to normal. I'm going to clear off until they do so my crabbit doesn't do permanent damage!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 6 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by azriel Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:34 am

Like the morning whiff of a distillery the phantom Buckie....er......phantom comes, & goes. Not seen but smelt. No tracks left, no soft foot fall going in or leading away, truly Forumshire is HAUNTED ! .....dum dum darrrrrrrrrrrr ! pale affraid

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

{{{{So, so tired Sleep }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:47 am

Knives.... the ones that aren't very Cooperative and slice through your finger!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:33 pm

little old ladies that are left in charge of Libraries that have no idea whatsoever of even how to turn a computer on leaving me to do it all, wait thru updates & wait while they try to remember the password so I can use said computer Sad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 pm

This is a burgeoning meme that I've seen in forum posts and articles (usually poorly written ones) online that's pissing me off. If the article or post is arguing a point (or even if it's not, after I've double checked the links I provided) they'll state the thesis in the title followed by the phrase "Here's why."

exempli gratia:

http://www.inc.com/magazine/201505/leigh-buchanan/the-vanishing-startups-in-decline.html

http://q13fox.com/2016/03/10/hurricane-force-winds-batter-western-washington-heres-why/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/09/technology/india-internet-access/

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%22HERE%27S+WHY%22

YOU DON'T NEED TO PUT "HERE'S WHY" IT CONTRIBUTES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. IT'S A GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT WASTE OF SPACE. THE FACT THAT YOU'VE WRITTEN AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE SUBJECT PRESUPPOSES THAT YOU WILL EXPLAIN THE "HERE'S WHY." YOU'VE WASTED MY TIME. I WILL NOT READ YOUR ARTICLE. FUCK YOU! F You

edit: OH LOOK A VARIATION! THEY PUT IT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TITLE! WELL THEN DOUBLE FUCK YOU!

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/03/heres-why-obamas-new-pact-canada-big-deal

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Razz

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:09 am

My big crabbit inducing habit is people who write things like "Webster defines 'vacation' as an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling." .... when of course, writing an article about vacations.

Everybody fucking knows what a vacation is.  How has anything been added to this article?  Why do these idiots seem to think a dictionary definition is cool?  Give me something thoughtful and evocative about the damn word - don't waste my time dragging me through a boring-ass definition of something everybody knows.  Jesus-ramrod-f-keerist.  If I'm ever made editor of a publication, the first thing I'll do is announce that anyone who puts a dictionary definition into an article will have their sorry ass fired on the spot.  And if anyone doesn't know what the word "fired" means, go hide in a closet to look it up where nobody can see your cretin blockheaded self doing it.  Blimey.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:40 am

Another thing that makes me crabbit is when CCN says everywhere that the debate will start at 8:30, then when you finally find the live feed, it tells you candidates will start at 9 pm.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:58 am

halfwise wrote:My big crabbit inducing habit is people who write things like "Webster defines 'vacation' as an extended period of recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling." .... when of course, writing an article about vacations.

Everybody fucking knows what a vacation is.  How has anything been added to this article?  Why do these idiots seem to think a dictionary definition is cool?  Give me something thoughtful and evocative about the damn word - don't waste my time dragging me through a boring-ass definition of something everybody knows.  Jesus-ramrod-f-keerist.  If I'm ever made editor of a publication, the first thing I'll do is announce that anyone who puts a dictionary definition into an article will have their sorry ass fired on the spot.  And if anyone doesn't know what the word "fired" means, go hide in a closet to look it up where nobody can see your cretin blockheaded self doing it.  Blimey.

This did make me laugh 1st thing this morning ! Razz

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:09 am

halfwise wrote:Another thing that makes me crabbit is when CCN says everywhere that the debate will start at 8:30, then when you finally find the live feed, it tells you candidates will start at 9 pm.

Another one I just thought of is when an article is talking about the upcoming debate but doesn't give any info on when and where to watch it.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:15 am

I hate 5second trailers to films where the main characters look dewey eyed into the horizon, things get blown up & then the Ad tells you its an unmissable film, film of the year, yet, you dont know what the fook its all about ? Mad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:40 pm

I hate it when trailers show you the best bits of the film. Mad I don't want the best bits, I just want a taster.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Nod
Yeah, & those bits of the trailer are the best bits of the film, the rest is shat !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:59 am

I have a horrible cough and its giving me a headache. Mad No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Hope you feel better soon Figgles ! Anything with an headache is nasty Neutral

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:46 pm

thanks Az. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:03 am

Every now and then when I pop out to take a walk, I find myself thinking "I could use a taco off the taco truck up the street." So I go there, and when I get the taco I think "it sure would be nice to carry this down to Riverbank Park and eat it while looking out over the river" so I walk down the hill and across the bridge and sit at a picnic table and eat my taco while enjoying the view down the Hudson.

And this evening seemed much the same, except when I got there a stiff wind was blowing down the river, and as the park is set up well above the river you catch it pretty good. So first my napkins went blowing, and when I ran to get those I come back to find the plastic bag with the hot sauce and lime wedges went blowing, and when I put down my food and made a grab for that, my TACO blew off the table. Mad

I picked a few scraps off the ground, but it was simply no good. Some moments are irretrievable.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:09 am

Thats a sad story................................................................... slap laugh

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:40 pm

{{{And yet still somehow romantic sounding just because its New York.
I am crabbit because I am on day 6 in a row at work - 2 more still go before a day off Mad ) and the buggers put me on the back shift today and the early tomorrow on the same night the clocks go forward an hour and I lose an hours sleep Mad So yeah work, thanks for that Mad }}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:45 pm

{{{I hope that at least gets you some decent overtime on your next paycheck Petty}}}

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:10 pm

{{{I'm a care worker- I dont get overtime! Mad I don't get extra for working holidays like Easter or xmas either, or for working unsociable hours like nightshifts Mad And they can work us as many days in a row as they like- and do- out of the last 16 days I have had 2 days off}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:19 pm

{{{ Shocked When do you find time for buckie???? pale }}}

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:31 pm

He must have it intravenously, like, a morphine pump ? got it hidden under his jacket, has sneaky nips....

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:40 pm

{{{I top up on alcohol and tobacco during my breaks Nod }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next