Pettytyrant101
bungobaggins
Mrs Figg
13 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [10] - Page 6 Empty Re: Doctor Who [10]

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:14 pm

and most of the posts seem like wandering into an online version of Game of thrones
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 pm

The rivalry of House Moffat and House Davies is legendary.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Laughing House Moffat gets regularly shafted and shoved in a cage
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:22 pm

House Moffat remembers. No

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah, then goes back and rewrites time to remove RTD! cheers

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Eldorion wrote:Just a quick note that the Doctor Who community on here, which was already by far the largest aside from the main Hobbit topic, has just been auto-split into its tenth incarnation, which means that there have been OVER 9000! posts made in Doctor Who threads on the new forum. Nod

What a bunch of plonkers! Rolling Eyes

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Yeah, then goes back and rewrites time to remove RTD! cheers

Even the house of Moffat isn't stupid enough to erase the very foundation they built... Never mind, they totally would. Rolling Eyes

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Tywin Moffat would. affraid

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Good thing there is always a third way. (Being ambivalent to both.) Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Well it's about time we get an alternative!

Maybe one we all hate would have been interesting. Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Amarië wrote:Well it's about time we get an alternative!

Maybe one we all hate would have been interesting. Laughing

A dream of spring. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Careful what you wish for!

I don't see a clear front runner for the job myself. Not in the way Moffat was the clear front runner when he took it on.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:36 am

Been sorting the sound issues in my life of River Song edit- You, me, handcuffs- which is her story in chronological order from conception to death. Although it still goes out very occasionally for brief moments for some reason, but its much better than before.
Ive also split it to make it more watchable- so this is part 1- You- and is about the length of a normal episode.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:04 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Careful what you wish for!

I don't see a clear front runner for the job myself. Not in the way Moffat was the clear front runner when he took it on.

Maybe that's a good thing? I'd quite like to be surprised, fresh blood can only be a good idea i.m.o (at least in terms of shaking up the format a little) I can't see Moffat staying past Season 10 at the latest, many of the key writers have been involved in who for well over a decade (Moffat, RTD, Gareth Roberts, Mark Gatiss etc) and at risk of burnout i.m.o. Maybe hire a new showrunner, but have one of the writers stay on as script editor? Blend the new with the old...

On another note Big Finish had a massive main range sale on, so I took the plunge and got the 'Divergent Series' arc...I've heard very mixed things...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 pm

I am not oposed to fresh blood as such. Its worke din the past.
As to when Moffat leaves- its hard to tell as he does seem to be doing his dream job, so hard to tell how long he will hangonto that dream.
For so long as the show is doing well at home and internationally I dont see the BBC putting any pressure on him to go.
On the otherhand he has himself been introducing new blood into the mix last series- writers and directors.
If Jamie Matheson were to write a couple episodes a year for the next few years to the same standard of his debut ones then he might be a possibility (he wrote Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline).

'I took the plunge and got the 'Divergent Series' arc...I've heard very mixed things..'- Malick

I haven't heard those yet, so let me know what your thoughts on them are (you taken the plunge and got I,Davros yet?)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I am not oposed to fresh blood as such. Its worke din the past.
As to when Moffat leaves- its hard to tell as he does seem to be doing his dream job, so hard to tell how long he will hangonto that dreamIt's better to leave on a high than fall on a low.
For so long as the show is doing well at home and internationally I dont see the BBC putting any pressure on him to goTrue, but maybe that would be a good reason to, i.e putting more pressure on the next guy/gal in charge, myabe giving the show a kick up the backside (not that I think there is anything seriously wrong with it, I'd just like to see the format change a bit, and less Dalek/Earth set stories please...).
On the otherhand he has himself been introducing new blood into the mix last series- writers and directors.
If Jamie Matheson were to write a couple episodes a year for the next few years to the same standard of his debut ones then he might be a possibility (he wrote Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline)Yes I'd certainly agree with that, his eps were great, the problem I have trying to picture a sucessor is whether the BBC would go for a Drama Producer or a Genre producer, Doctor Who is both, but there are few writers with experience in both... .

'I took the plunge and got the 'Divergent Universe' arc...I've heard very mixed things..'- Malick

I haven't heard those yet, so let me know what your thoughts on them are It will be a while before I catch up, I have a backlog of about 25 to listen to (Mostly *6 and 8-I didn't want to listen to the others before watching them on TV (I'd mostly looking at audio only story arcs-alot of the main range is dependent on continuity with the TV series), I already got into Mcgann, and I've heard Colin Baker's TV stuff is terrible, so I thought I'd listen to his stories with Evelyn first (you taken the plunge and got I,Davros yet?-No, maybe after I watch Genesis of The Daleks? (I mostly only buy stuff when it's on sale)

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Actually if you have not seen Genesis I would be very tempted to recommend you listen to I, Davors first, which would be in chronological order.
I, Davros ends some time prior to, but not by much the start of Genesis, there is no specific time mentioned but it sets up all the pieces present in Genesis.
And of course it doesn't feature any Doctor so there is no continuity issues there.

Good point about the rarety of finding a show runner and a top level writer in the same person. They could split the job out, it wasn't always the case in classic that the show runner had to write- Verity Lambert never wrote a single episode and it never did her any harm in making a success of it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Actually if you have not seen Genesis I would be very tempted to recommend you listen to I, Davors first, which would be in chronological order.
I, Davros ends some time prior to, but not by much the start of Genesis, there is no specific time mentioned but it sets up all the pieces present in Genesis.
And of course it doesn't feature any Doctor so there is no continuity issues there.I might give it a shot once I've cleared my backlog a bit, I actually read earlier today about a license extension to 2018 with plans for the 10th doctor...it was false Sad Banghead though it's pobably a good thing for my bank balance. Shame more of the audios aren't broadcast on BBC radio...

Good point about the rarety of finding a show runner and a top level writer in the same person. They could split the job out, it wasn't always the case in classic that the show runner had to writeIt's probably true today though, and the show is better for it I think- Verity Lambert never wrote a single episode and it never did her any harm in making a success of it.
Yeah, as I've said before I was rather impressed by the consistency and general quality of the early Hartnell stuff-it was dated of course and there were a few odd storylines, but by and large I think the show got off to a very strong start, in some ways it probably helped Lambert was finding her own feet at the time (I recently read she was approached about relaunching the show in the mid 90's but declined).

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:53 pm

why not ask RDT to come back? Very Happy but I reckon it will be somebody with a proven history, maybe Horowitz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:01 pm

He denied that when it was being rumoured-

“I’m afraid there is no truth in the rumour. I have watched Doctor Who since I was a boy — favourite doctor was Tom Baker. I haven’t seen the new series as I’m abroad.”

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:05 pm

so Horowitz then. Or Gaiman if we get lucky.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:07 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:why not ask RDT to come back? Very Happy

I wouldn't mind if RDT got involved with some of the spin off material such as comics or audios (he's planning to do a few new Torchwood ones actually) but it would be in pretty poor taste if he came back to replace his successor after keeping his distance from the franchise so long, RDT left because he realized he gave all he could/got bored, and went out on a high (well in terms of popularity and rating as least) there's probably not alot of new ideas he could bring to the table at this point, and I don't think his style of writing would follow on from Moffat's very well.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:He denied that when it was being rumoured-

“I’m afraid there is no truth in the rumour. I have watched Doctor Who since I was a boy — favourite doctor was Tom Baker. I haven’t seen the new series as I’m abroad.”

Well then he's a natural sucessor to Moffat, lying through his teeth Laughing

(But yeah he was a long shot I think)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Or Gaiman if we get lucky.

I did like both his eps, but he's a bit busy and hardly the most experienced TV writer...

Maybe Charlie Brooker, Tim Haines, Adrian Hodges, or Gary Russell?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next