Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 8 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 pm

"or else there's an anti-Petty brigade over there"- Eldo

It just feels that way sometimes! Ungrateful heathens! (But no there isn't just occasional ruffled feathers among people who know the other can easily deal with it-except richard bloke)

But much as I like to see you crabbit Eldo (do you the world of good) you need not be on my behalf- if I did not occasionaly provoke such a reaction I wouldn't be doing my job right.

Halfwise they just make me crabbit over there and you know how much I like that! Nod Its nice to get days out to harass the neighbours.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 8 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 am

Actually, I take some of that back. there's some very classic Petty in the Fili/Kili thread.
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am

They bring it out in me, just when I've got them in the crushing reason of my crabbitness, its that Mrs Figg's most cunning weapon against me!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 am

Richard Cieslik is my alterego, mwhahaha!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:20 pm

*lol* The chat over at breeland named me Queen Elizabeth! I now feel I should hang around just so I can keep it. Yes I AM that easily entertained! Nod

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:54 pm

I dont think there is an anti Petty brigade over at Breeland at all, whenever Petty gets it in the cahonies, everyone comes to his defence, and have done so on a few occasions if you read the posts. There was one thread started called something like 'There is a lot of fear hatred blah blah on this forum', and everyone defended Petty totally whether we agree with him or not. Read it. Its is true like Halfwise said that people dont see his silly side so they get the impression he is a bit stroppy. I can see why Richard has taken umbridge, he was wrong to get abusive, but he doesnt know Petty like we do.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Oooh you Mrs Figg- this niceness has got me all discombulated!! Embarassed

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I dont think there is an anti Petty brigade over at Breeland at all, whenever Petty gets it in the cahonies, everyone comes to his defence, and have done so on a few occasions if you read the posts.

You're correct, and I did notice that in the threads you mentioned as examples (I think I remember the "fear and hatred" one too). I don't mean to cast aspersions upon Bree-land as a whole or most of the people there. It just seemed to me that there was a small group of people (or a person) who was dedicated to Petty-bashing and that was off-putting to me. But you're right about people coming to Petty's defense and that is encouraging to me. Smile It's just that ordinary members of the forum can't do anything to stop this from coming up again and Taz is such an absentee administrator that I doubt he's aware of it.

EDIT: I just looked and the "hate, fear and trepidation" thread was also started by Richard Cieslik. With that - and Mrs Figg's post - in mind it seems like he's just a lone wolf troublemaker. Neutral
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Hey Petty! If Richard is wrong and you do have influence over PJ, please remind him that I'm an available (and sought after) actress! Thanks. I know they've started filming, but hopefully he's still adding and improving things!
Though I know how Rich feels; someone (wearing neon sunglasses) told me today that he didn't like The Beatles! Suddenly the issue wasn't whether I'd kill him, but how! Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Now look what I found!

http://the-hobbit-movie.com/contact/

There might be a proper link somewhere on the site but I haven't found it.

Not everybody responds well to people like Petty, it is easy to misunderstand and take things the wrong way. It's nice to see so many defending him.
I still haven't felt the need to sign up at Breeland, perhaps later. Or perhaps not.

Personal attacks shouldn't be accepted though, I am sure Taz wants to know if and when it happens.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for the link, Amarie, I had forgotten about that page. If someone who is more active on Bree-land wants to let Taz knows that's up to them, but I only visit periodically. I'm also not thrilled with how Taz has deleted all links to Forumshire from there in the past (without any explanation or notification; or even any stated rules so people know what to avoid) so I think there's a plus side to him being absentee over there. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 pm

If it works, don't fix it. Wink The link might come in handly in the future though. At least now someone knows about it.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:05 pm

"in mind it seems like he's just a lone wolf troublemaker."- Eldo

I like a bit of wolf, with just the right amount of sauce. Delicous. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Mint? Red? or Barbecue?

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Buckie of course. Very Happy I have no idea what those others you mention are, do they involve herbs or vegatables? Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Not if they're any good for smothering you're food in Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 pm

The thing about Bree is that now and again a wanderer comes up from the wilds and sticks around for a bit and starts getting a bit too chummy with that Ferny, gets ideas above his station and starts muck spreading, but us Bree hobbits soon give him his marching orders and he buggers off with his tail between his legs. So I wouldnt worry about it. Richard just doesnt 'get' it, its not really his fault, he doesnt know how we do things in Bree, and there is nowt as queer as Bree, apart from here of course. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Yeah, that's life on the internet. Some places you fit in right away, other places you never will and some places just takes a little time to get used to.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:03 pm

True, that. I've come across forums where I feel I just don't fit in, though I generally try to avoid sticking my nose in such forums in the first place. I don't always succeed but I think I've gotten better with that as I've grown up. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 pm

well just to illustrate how weird the internet is, I got banned from TORN, yes me, PJ loving appeaser par excellence ME. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 am

Oo! Story! Do tell!

"well just to illustrate how weird the internet is, I got banned from TORN, yes me, PJ loving appeaser par excellence ME. "

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 am

I've had some bad experience with TORn but I stopped posting before I got banned. I think the final straw was when GDT stepped down as director. One of their contributors posted what sounded like a eulogy on the blog and all the fanboys started crying on the forums. Then someone made a thread asking who the next director would be and it was flooded with people saying it was "disrespectful". I had a post edited after I suggested people who were offended by the thread not read it (the only reason it wasn't deleted outright is because there was more to the post than that). Laughing

Like Halfwise, I'm curious what you could have done though, Mrs Figg! Nothing to do with eel-wrangling, I hope. Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:37 am

Mrs Figg wrote:well just to illustrate how weird the internet is, I got banned from TORN, yes me, PJ loving appeaser par excellence ME. Suspect

I love you more with every passing day, Mrs Figg. Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Eldo a troublemaker and Figg banned?! Suspect TORN sound like a really really strange place.

Eldorion wrote:(...)I had a post edited after I suggested people who were offended by the thread not read it(...)

Hehe, that one's a classic in my book. You never use those words in a forum unless you want a flame war. They basicly mean 'shut the *bleep* up' or will, by some, be interpreted that way no matter how innocent you meant it. Laughing

(Petty, I give you this tip for free. Think of me fondly if or when you use it. Nod )

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm guessing that what's happened with TORN is they got so punch drunk happy that PJ attended their Oscar party, and let their field agent tag along on set, that they don't want to jeopardize that relationship in any way. They may also have been sensitive to making Liv Tyler cry (don't know if that was TORN, but they would be aware of it). If I got that kind of special treatment it would be tempting to do the same.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next