Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 7 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by bunty figg fartington Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:33 pm

thats the spirit young lady, show those commoners whos boss. haw haw!
bunty figg fartington
bunty figg fartington

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 7 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:31 am

Old Bunty... I wonder what happened to him. Reminds me of Paw for some reason. Same era I guess. Suspect

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:50 am

On the topic of things making me crabbit, I went skiing yesterday (which did not make me crabbit) but the trails were covered with piles of recent wet, sticky snow. I fell only once but it was a pretty bad wipe-out and my whole body is still sore tonight. That would be okay but I also appear to have sprained my wrist (on the right arm too, which is worse for me) which makes it hard and/or painful to do a lot of basic things, including typing. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:31 am

Lots of icing Eldo! LOTS! that and some Advil and you'll be good as knew! Get a brace from Walgreens (or some other pharmacy) just in case/ if it makes you feel safer! And you almost gave me a heart attack! When I saw the word "skiing" in the "things making you crabit" thread, I thought you tore your ACL (that being a common skiing injury) and I know first hand what kind of hell that is! Thank Eru you're ok!

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 7 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:27 am

Thanks, Tin! Smile I consider myself quite fortunate. I have a fair bit of experience as an amateur skier but I'm still just getting back into it after a four year hiatus and only just started taking formal lessons yesterday (as part of a PE class through my uni actually). The run I wiped out on was a solo run though. I've got an ace bandage and will look into a brace tomorrow. I've been taking strong ibuprofen too. There isn't much visible swelling but I'm sure it's inflamed internally. I should be good within a week or so though, I hope.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 am

I wish you a speedy recovery! flower

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:26 am

but I also appear to have sprained my wrist - Eldo

That sir is the most elaborate excuse for such an injury ever- you are a teenage male- we know what happened! cyclops Skiing!! Hah!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 am

I wonder if your wrist will be permanently limp now, Eldo? Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 am

I suggest buying a lacy handkerchief and taking it twixt forefinger and thumb, gently waving it up and down, just to get the circulation flowing, you know, and then the swelling will go down. Also you may attract attention from sailors, so you will get a good leg work out running hell for leather to safety.
Just a bit of advice from a laydee.
Eldissimo dont go skiing in France, like Ever. what with the overpowering smell of garlicky escargot, and tweeking. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Poor Eldo! hope you're okay! type with your left hand ^^
you know, the trick when falling on skiis is to fall backwards, though not landing with your skiis in your ass, that hurts like helll Smile and if you fall forward cover your face with your armes and hit the ground with your forarms and elbows, not only your elbows or they'll brake ^^ and go for the soft snow on the outside of the track ^^ or you could fall sideways too, that is the most comfortable one Smile just remember, not put those poles things in front of you. then you could loose teeth and even an eyeball.. Smile
anyway, hope u feel better soon ^^ Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Norc wrote:you know, the trick when falling on skiis is to fall backwards, though not landing with your skiis in your ass, that hurts like helll Smile and if you fall forward cover your face with your armes and hit the ground with your forarms and elbows, not only your elbows or they'll brake ^^ and go for the soft snow on the outside of the track ^^ or you could fall sideways too, that is the most comfortable one Smile just remember, not put those poles things in front of you. then you could loose teeth and even an eyeball.. Smile
anyway, hope u feel better soon ^^ Very Happy

Eldo, you could always try not falling off your skis. Sounds safer. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:46 pm

But falling is so fun! gives me such an adrenalin kick! Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:46 pm

And it is so fun to watch!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 am

I have the ACT tomorrow morning and I was just at a party for my sister til now. UGHHHHHH! I have to wake up at 630 in the morning to drive to a school that I don't know how to get to to take a 5 hour test that I'm not prepared for. YIPEE! Evil or Very Mad Stupid standarized tests...

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:29 am

Whats the ACT? Sounds grim. Evil or Very Mad
As to sitting tests after parties half buckied- why Tin that excatly how I ended up wiping old people bottoms for minimum wage! Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:35 am

I managed to avoid the ACT but I took the SAT three times and that sucked. Especially after they changed it to be about six hours long. No Best of luck though, and I hope the party was worth it. Drink lots of caffeine. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:37 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Whats the ACT? Sounds grim. Evil or Very Mad

The ACT and the SAT are the standard end of secondary school/Uni entrance exams that people take in the U.S. Most colleges put a lot of stock in your scores on those tests, though they aren't the end-all-be-all of admissions.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:57 am

And everyone I know has a tutor to help them with test taking strategies or spend hours and hours studying for it. It's insane! I didn't finish the Math section (only 3 questions, but that's bad! You don't get penalized for guessing!) and I was falling asleep halfway through the Reading section! I took the PSAT (practice) which was a shorter version of the SAT, and finished in the 85 percentile. I like SAT much better than ACT, lucky you Eldo!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 am

My wrist is feeling much better but I lost the brace and I can't for the life of me find it. Mad Also the wrest of me is still more achey than I thought it would be. But I'm slowly feeling better so I'm trying to look on the up-side! Very Happy If I'm lucky I'll be pain-free just in time to go skiing again on Wednesday and have something else happen to me. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I think being achey all over is normal as your muscles tense up when you fall down. dont they make stabilizors you can attatch to the sides of the skiis like flying butresses? or those training wheels on kids bikes? I for one hate that slippy slidy nonesense, just try not to fall on your 'story maker'. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:19 pm

I've fallen when skiing before but not a ton. I'm actually really lucky with injuries and such; I've never broken any bones or something like that. This is actually one of the worst injuries I've had, which sounds kinda pathetic when I say it. Razz I'll be fine though. Smile

Also, my mom found the brace; I had taken it off when hanging laundry in the basement and left it there. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 pm

I've broken a few bones over the years; breaking my arm while climbing into my house through a downstairs window after I forgot my key is definitely the worst! Very Happy Though, a few days ago, while cycling I let my feet dangle without peddling for a few moments, I caught a muddy rut with the toe of my boot and it turned my foot around backwards! Painful! Razz

Wishing a speedy recovery to your wrist Eldo!!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:04 am

Rehab it nice and good Eldo and it won't happen again! I just got through a whole season of basketball w/out reinjury! cheers Though I do have a sinovial impingement (aka, a blister under my knee cap. It's like biting your cheek; the more you rub it, the more swollen it gets and the more it hurts!), it's markedly diminished after some electric stimulation and anti-inflamatorys (which I wouldn't suggest taking if you can avoid them, they have some nasty side effects!)

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm

On the topic of crabbit-related venting, I just swung by Bree-land to see if there were any interesting discussions going on and I stumbled upon one "Richard Cieslik" bitching about Petty. I think I've seen this guy before, or else there's an anti-Petty brigade over there, but that sort of baseless and dishonest complaining (I disagree with Petty on as many things as the next guy, but it's simply untrue to say that he doesn't put thought into his posts) pisses me off.

This is why I prefer sticking to forums with moderators. There are a lot of great people on Bree-land but even a few individuals who are just there to complain can poison a forum. I'm not a fan of net nannies but at least mods can tell troublemakers to shape up or get out. Evil or Very Mad Mad Although, to be honest, I only remember one real troublemaker (other than Grey Pilgrim, but he doesn't count Razz) in all my time here, so it's not like the mods here are particularly busy.

{{{ It felt good to get that out of my system. Laughing }}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:53 pm

From browsing Breeland I'd say there is an anti-Petty bias there, but it's because he just about only has his argumentative posts, rarely his funny ones. there's no Paw Petty to keep him in his place over there, so nobody sees his more vulnerable side...ya know, which is what makes him soooo lovable. Wink

Don't worry, Petty, we know you, you big kilt-swaddled softy.
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next