Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 24 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Norc Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 pm

you're name is Aleksandra? Smile What a beautiful name. I don't think I know anyone who's named that. At least not with an x in it. (writing x is a lazy way of writing ks Wink my opinion at least, and it looks better with ks in tengwar Very Happy )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 24 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Pseudo-Kafria Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 am

Yes, before I took up the teaching of Science, I used to think like that - but now, of course, my views on Elvish Languages have changed, if only slightly - and for the better, I sincerely hope! Very Happy

Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed May 23, 2012 4:38 am

Ally wrote:
David H wrote:Vacuum cleaner. End of fly, end of subject.

Seriously?

Seriously!

You need one with a hose. You take the brush part off and just use the open pipe. You can suck them out of the little corners of the windows where you can't swat, or out of mid air if you can get within about 6 inches of them. And no mess cheers

If you open the windows around here you sometimes just have a couple hundred more flies..... Mad

(btw Ally, I like your new hat!)
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm

The weather is glorious here! Evil or Very Mad Its not natural. Roasting hot, blazing sun, blue skies- days spent lounging in the back garden with a cool buckie (ok that last bits not bad) but the rest- not right at all! I'm a Scotshobbit- I demand regular outbursts of drizzle?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Norc wrote:you're name is Aleksandra? Smile What a beautiful name. I don't think I know anyone who's named that. At least not with an x in it. (writing x is a lazy way of writing ks Wink my opinion at least, and it looks better with ks in tengwar Very Happy )

Do you honesely believe my parents would have named me Aleksandra? I'll leave you to figure that one out Rolling Eyes

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Pseudo-Kafria wrote:Yes, before I took up the teaching of Science, I used to think like that - but now, of course, my views on Elvish Languages have changed, if only slightly - and for the better, I sincerely hope! Very Happy

Hopefully Elvish nicknames are better than the ones I've been forced to adopt Sad

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Don't see whats so wrong Ally with being known as the coolest person in Forumshire. Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 23, 2012 7:34 pm

David H wrote:
Ally wrote:
David H wrote:Vacuum cleaner. End of fly, end of subject.

Seriously?

Seriously!

You need one with a hose. You take the brush part off and just use the open pipe. You can suck them out of the little corners of the windows where you can't swat, or out of mid air if you can get within about 6 inches of them. And no mess cheers

If you open the windows around here you sometimes just have a couple hundred more flies..... Mad

(btw Ally, I like your new hat!)

I'll try and rip off the head of my hoover then! Not sure if it's detachable though! Can't help but feel I'd probably trip over the hoover though! (Ohh, and thanks ever so much! Glad someone noticed Embarassed)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Its a cool hat of course. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed May 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Ally wrote:
Norc wrote:you're name is Aleksandra? Smile What a beautiful name. I don't think I know anyone who's named that. At least not with an x in it. (writing x is a lazy way of writing ks Wink my opinion at least, and it looks better with ks in tengwar Very Happy )

Do you honesely believe my parents would have named me Aleksandra? I'll leave you to figure that one out Rolling Eyes

i don't know you parents, so yes. Very Happy (I almost ended up Leonora, c'mon!)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Don't see whats so wrong Ally with being known as the coolest person in Forumshire. Very Happy

Have I ever been known as the coolest person in Forumshire? I just presumed that was some sort of private joke between you and Orwell (laughing at my ineptness at everything!) Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed May 23, 2012 7:44 pm

LOOOOL!!!! I am the coolest person alive! everyone should know that! Razz

(for the soft hearted, you're cool too <3 )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Leonora Norc. Has a certain ring to it actually. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Ally! Shocked I would never indulge in a private joke about someone and then use it to tease them! I really mean that. Never. And I am sure I speak for Orwell too. Made in light-hearted affection yes, but never with a hint of laughing at you. You got called cool because of your line in avatars, your excellent (at least from my and Orwels tatstes it seems) choices in music etc. It was always made in fondness. I'm horrified all this time you thought it was meant in another way.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 pm

If you weren't cool - especially in your tastes in music, as Petty says, and your eye for the arty-farty - I wouldn't even bother joking around wth you, Ally... Seesh! Some people! Rolling Eyes .... tho now that I'm a beautiful young woman, I understand better how you feel- it's everything about feelings now, methinks! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Ally has the best hat in Forumshire cheers Its better than Halfwises (maybe thats his head though) Shocked Its better than my cat hat too (but dont tell Tiddles) and its defo better than that plastic thing on Orwells head.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed May 23, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Or a mop? Very Happy Now a mop would be useful (not half-useful, as a boy would think it), especially as in my current state, I've become absolutely mad on mopping, Mrs Figg. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 pm

mad mopper? Shocked the mind boggles.

{{{Help! Please.... won't somebody help me!}}}
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed May 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Ally wrote:
I'll try and rip off the head of my hoover then! Not sure if it's detachable though! Can't help but feel I'd probably trip over the hoover though! (Ohh, and thanks ever so much! Glad someone noticed Embarassed)

Good luck fly-hunting! Let me know how it works for you. I'd suggest just picking a place near a sunny window and waiting for them to come to you, but if you want to chase them safari-style you need a "gun-bearer"....

One of my early childhood memories is of my dad and my uncle chasing big circling flies all around the house with a giant old-fashioned Hoover on a long extension cord. My dad would follow the flies with the hose, jumping up on chairs and tables as necessary, while my uncle tried to keep up, carrying the canister in his arms like a child. It was the best show ever! cheers

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Bloody weather is doing it again! Evil or Very Mad Its even hotter than before! I need a melting into a puddle emoticon here- cant think, cant move, can barely keep drinking. affraid

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu May 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Weasels! Mad Shocked

Just minutes ago my cat jumped out of my lap, battle royale ensued with a very large weasel who had apparently followed the plumbing into the house, chasing mice I presume. The weasel was screaming and shooting off musk (nasty pungent stench) and the two of them knocking over a lamp the telephone and several stacks of books. I opened the front door, and eventually the weasel was able to get free and make his escape.

I don't think anything important got broken, but the house stinks to high heaven! [I'm fighting a gag reflex] I'll leave the windows and door open even though it's 50F and raining. Shutting down the 'puter to go clean the mess! Evil or Very Mad
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm

At least it didnt get up your trouser leg David. Shocked You dont want that, not unless your a professional weasel wrangler.

(I just went to the shop and back- about ten minutes walk along the road- two of my three cats came along behind me- one of them followed me right into the shop and sat in the doorway meowing- the shopkeeper tried to shoo her and she took a swipe at him! Anyone know how to get cats to stop following you? My cats think they are dogs!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Bloody weather is doing it again! Evil or Very Mad Its even hotter than before! I need a melting into a puddle emoticon here- cant think, cant move, can barely keep drinking. affraid

you're from Scotland and complain about the weather? Suspect it's as if a man from Sahara says it's too sandy. You truly are the crabbit-master..

I've heard the weather in Scotland is a) rain b) it has just rained c) it's going to rain

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Thats what it should be Norc- variations on rain from light drizzle to raining so hard it hurts- but right now its baking! The Gulf Stream goes right up our west coast, right by where I am in fact and that small few degrees increase in water temperature makes a hell of a difference to our climate. Every so often, when conditions are just right it gets way hotter than usual- like now!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Petty what is it 20 degrees? you really are a lightweight. you should try 40 degrees with 100% humidity, thats hot. Suspect

Dave maybe you could try a Hoover for the weasels, they would shoot straight up the pipe thingy. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next