Mrs Figg
Norc
David H
halfwise
Ringdrotten
15 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:09 pm

If that makes you homesick the pile of ice at the bottom of your drink probably has the same effect. tongue

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Post by Norc Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:16 pm

halfwise wrote:If that makes you homesick the pile of ice at the bottom of your drink probably has the same effect. tongue

well.. if i have gotten to the icey bottom of a drink i am probably already homesick..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:53 pm

this is beautiful, dreamy and lovely, makes me want to travel to exotic lands. I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Loved it when the elephant strolled by Smile

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Sorry for the delay with pictures and stuff! I've been home for about a week, but I'm waiting for my travelling companion to return from Australia so I can get the pics she took as well. There will be a small report, though, just have to get those pics first!

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 14 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm

bounce  cant wait. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:42 pm

love piccies Very Happy

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:06 am

Okay, So I think I'm going to Italy in early May, and could arrange for very little extra to stop by London on the way back. What are the chances of me meeting someone? Because if not I may say screw it and go through Istanbul or something instead. (that would cost more, but I do have a hankering to see Istanbul)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 pm

All depends how strong your hanker is ? Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:17 pm

So now for certain I'll be in Rome the second week of April. I may do some independent driving the middle of the work week, in which case Venice is way up there. Rental cars are ridiculously cheap in Italy. I suppose the fuel isn't, though.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 pm

{{I wouldn't worry about the fuel Halfy- not when you have all those Italians around you 'driving' (for want of a better word) hope you're good on the horn and gesticulating wildly Twisted Evil }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Took turns driving through Italy once with a friend. The cities are certainly terrifying, but the country is okay so long as you don't make the mistake of thinking you can pull off on the side of the road because folks don't drive there.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:17 pm

please don't drive in Rome, its like Ben Hur. and don't drive round Venice, you will get wet.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:29 pm

If I do go to Venice, might I coax you down from your eyrie?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Very Happy  mebee
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 pm

An art tour would be nice. Nod

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 pm

affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 pm

talking of travelling adventures.....
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Thor Heyerdal parody Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:25 pm

I love Thor Heyerdahl, even if he's completely wrong.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Well, clearly in certain things, like the easter islanders. But his Kon Tiki expedition was as interesting as it was because it showed the feasability of travel from South America to Polynesia with the technology of the time. And as far as the possibility of communication between ancient cultures are concerned, I don't think anything is ultimately decided.

Just look at stories like this, which directly challenges the prevailing paradigms:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/28/world/americas/discoveries-challenge-beliefs-on-humans-arrival-in-the-americas.html

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 pm

I think his work served a major scientific purpose, but he did have a tendency to jump to romantic conclusions. I still recommend his books even if you have to be careful to view his thesis with a hefty helping of salt.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Someone remind me to post the NZ pics tomorrow - just got round to updating my FB profile with a couple, so Forumshire is next. Sorry for the delay!

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 am

Post the NZ pics tomorrow! (like that?)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Exactly! On it Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next