Mrs Figg
Norc
David H
halfwise
Ringdrotten
15 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Post by Lancebloke Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:Only if you let the locals book your dinner venue and they choose a place called [Redacted].

Hmmm.... why can't I type [Redacted]

That's odd. And who is that behind me in the car? Is that a camera?

If you see any Ragistani bustle sellers floating about, they are my operatives deep state, one wink for a pink one and two winks for being smuggled out in an elephants doo-dah. Wink

I am not sure what need I would have for being smuggled out of the country....

{wink wink............WINK WINK!}
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Lancebloke wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:Only if you let the locals book your dinner venue and they choose a place called [Redacted].

Hmmm.... why can't I type [Redacted]

That's odd. And who is that behind me in the car? Is that a camera?

If you see any Ragistani bustle sellers floating about, they are my operatives deep state, one wink for a pink one and two winks for being smuggled out in an elephants doo-dah. Wink

I am not sure what need I would have for being smuggled out of the country....

{wink wink............WINK WINK!}

oh there's no need its just useful for getting out of Ryanair one bag policy, elephants doo-dahs allow two large cabin bags and a small hookah. so you can definitely smoke on board. elephant
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 pm

Bluebottle wrote:There are too many pretty places. I visited an area of Spain right by the Portugese border and the Duero river earlier in the spring called Fermoselle. Very pretty and special area, even if it rained a lot. Made the shortest of visits to Portugal, a couple of hours, and ate bacalao, while it rained constantly.

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 20180310
The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 20180312
The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 20180313
The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 20180314
Fermoselle, Spain:
The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 20180315
The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 20180311

Next trip is going to the Basque country, and back to Catalonia, I think, and also visit southern France by the Basque and Catalan borders. Nod

Strange thing, was talking to some Portuguese people today. Surprised

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 Portugal_240-animated-flag-gifs

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu May 03, 2018 1:49 am

Just found out you can go by ferry from Andalusia to Tangier, would def like to do that. Surprised

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 03, 2018 2:59 am

Yeah I was at the Rock of Gibralter and was very tempted to make the hop.  Decided a half day trip to a whole different culture would be kinda of lame so didn't do it (though going from Spain to Gibralter is basically a whole culture change as well).

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 Monkey10

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 Monkey11

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat May 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Ah, yes, I remember you talking about that. As you I guess it might seem a bit much just for the trip. But think it would be so interesting, crossing the straight of Gibraltar and all that. Visiting Gibraltar too could be fun, a little piece of the UK in southern Spain. How did you find it?

But not at the top of the list, basque country and Catalonia first, I think. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:54 am

Back again after yet another prolonged absence - sorry for that!

Any of you Brit-hobbits ever been to Lake District in England? I was reading about it and looking at pictures at work tonight (slow day), and I really wanted to go there. I'm going to do some googling, but wanted to ask if anyone here has been there, and if you've got any tips. What I want to do is get there by bus or train, then just walk for a week or two or more (I'm thinking I'll order a full-flex return ticket so I can go home whenever I feel like it), and just stop by villages as I come across them. Either that or a week or two in some quiet village somewhere, I really enjoyed the trip to Weymouth last summer so I wouldn't mind something similar again. Anyway, Lake District - if anyone's been there, feel free to share and toss out ideas. And feel free to suggest a place where it would be possible to meet up if anyone's close by Smile

The road goes ever on and on - A Travel Thread - Page 17 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:32 pm

First season of the Trip might be a place to start. Nod Takes place in lots of wonderful Lake Country locations.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:33 am

It's not a TV show, but a movie. Agreed though, especially if you're into spending a lot at fancy restaurants!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:13 am

I saw that a while back. It wasn't nearly as wonderful as I had imagined, I think the fact that the actors didn't really seem to know much about or take time to appreciate their food was a disappointment. They mainly spent their time imitating other famous actors over meals. And of course it was Britain so the weather kinda of sucked. They didn't spend much time appreciating their locations either.

I'd rather watch a good travel show with a chef.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:53 am

The strength of the film is the actors' camaraderie and self-indulgent comedy, and being able to watch as they slowly get sick of each other's nonsense until they break up and go home. It's the same formula in the other "Trip" movies, and works as well there.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Film in the US, BBC series in the UK. (Well, actually, three of them, one in the Lake country, one in Italy, and one in Spain.) Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17