Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus (to annoy Norc)

+12
Forest Shepherd
Amarië
malickfan
Eldorion
Ringdrotten
azriel
Norc
Bluebottle
bungobaggins
Radaghast
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
16 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 Empty Re: Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus (to annoy Norc)

Post by azriel Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 pm

pale

Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 Empty Re: Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus (to annoy Norc)

Post by Norc Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Why do they paint their lips red?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:21 pm

If you dont know, its best to never find out!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:26 pm

She will, she'll Google it.

Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Hopefully not in company or using google images!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Laughing .............. Embarassed  pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:34 pm

*googles* oh......... oh!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Remember that next time you're putting on the lippy for a night on the town!
Because every time you smile at a guy, thats subconsciously what he is thinking.
(we really are that primitive and base apparently  Mad )

But then so are you lot, as you'll probably be wearing high heels because they stretch and tense the muscles in the calf and thigh giving a better line to the leg and posture, pushing out the buttocks and drawing in the stomach and leading the eye up the leg to the important bits, and you'll probably do another hundred things with your attire all designed and honed over generations to send out the signals.
Putting on the plumage to attract.

Its why I can never help but laugh when some feminists pops up dressed like a street hooker and claiming she doesn't dress to please men but as she wants to.
Handy coincidence how she want to dress is exactly all the ways most likely to attract male attention then.
If there had been no men and just women, there is no way in hell you lot would be going about tottering on shoes that will cripple you in later life with your faces painted to match your sexual organs.

Face it, when you go out on the town, like it or not, you dress for men (sexual preferences accepted of course).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:07 pm

also. red lipstick is more visible than none in black and white movies and also on stage, so there's that too.

and sometimes i need a couple of more inches when i go out so that people won't constantly ask me for ID.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:23 pm

I really do dress to please myself & I dont give a diddly squat what other people think  Smile How I dress says something about me, weirdo hippy reject is what my daughter says  Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:33 pm

I guess my point is society will never be rid of certain levels of this behaviour for so long as men are visually attracted to things that remind them of sex and women compete with each other for mates by using those signals to attract men.

For so long as that goes on you lot can look forward to a future of hair and make up products, back pain from years on heels and gossip mags showing you pictures of celebrities without makeup on to make you feel better.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:36 pm

yep, so true  Laughing I was a bit like that in my youth, you know, flirty. but Ive learnt all it does is attract the wrong sort.  Wink

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:20 am

its funny how Petty thinks feminists dont want to attract men, like we are some kind of asexual/lesbian/nun/angry dykes. like feminists hate men so much we cant be arsed, or refuse to dress in heels and lippy. Thats just more sexist bullshit right there.  Laughing  feminists are feminine too, we like to attract men, not to cut their balls off, but because we like them, and want them to think we are hot. strange as it may seem. wearing heels and lippy dont make women lesser beings, it doesnt mean we have sold out to patriarchy, it means we want a shag, like all humans do.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:33 am

Ok, just to be clear; feminism is about equal rights.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:03 am

It's also not about a dress code. Being a feminist isn't about the clothes or the shoes you wear, it's about the attitude you have and beliefs you possess. One of those beliefs, by the way, is that shaming women for what they choose to wear is inappropriate. Only a misogynist could make such a statement, I'm certain.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:29 am

its funny how Petty thinks feminists dont want to attract men- Mrs Figg

I never said any such thing at all!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:33 pm

I never said any such thing at all! Petty

''Its why I can never help but laugh when some feminists pops up dressed like a street hooker and claiming she doesn't dress to please men but as she wants to.
Handy coincidence how she want to dress is exactly all the ways most likely to attract male attention then.
If there had been no men and just women, there is no way in hell you lot would be going about tottering on shoes that will cripple you in later life with your faces painted to match your sexual organs.

Face it, when you go out on the town, like it or not, you dress for men (sexual preferences accepted of course)''
.  Petty

oh yes you did. You implied that feminists have double standards, you implied feminists want to attract men by wearing heels and lipstick and are somehow betraying the sisterhood by doing so. Like feminists are not allowed to dress up, shouldnt flaunt their sexuality, that they are ridiculous (you said it made you laugh) this implies a twisted kind of logic, the logic that in 3rd world countries stones women to death for daring to wear red lipstick and in the 1st world relagates feminists to man hating harridans who shouldnt have the affrontery to want to look available for courtship by wearing makeup and high heels. This by the way has NOTHING to do with many womens total lack of self confidence and the consequent over compensating by looking for male approval and love by dressing like a drunken tart. I am discussing self confident educated feminist women who actually contrary to popular belief, actually fancy men, like men, are attracted to men, and dont want to wear dungarees to prove a point.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:14 pm

you implied feminists want to attract men by wearing heels and lipstick and are somehow betraying the sisterhood by doing so. - Figg

No I didnt- I specifically said a certain type of feminist who dresses a particular way then makes a claim in contradiction of that- I did not say all feminists at all. And those type of feminists when they do that do make me laugh.
You are putting words in my mouth.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 pm

First I've got to say that the idea of somebody in a kilt laughing about how anybody else is dressed is quite entertaining! Laughing 

Second, I think the idea that women wear heels and lipstick only to impress men, while it contains a kernel of truth, is just plain dead wrong as a generalization. Women who dress to impress, just like men, have a target in mind. It may be a man, it may be a woman, it may be a workplace, it may be a social group. Dressing is a social tool with many, many uses.

Most of the women I've known well enough for such discussions give far more thought to how the other women in their peer group will judge how they're dressed than to what a few dumb guys will think.  (Of course that may say more about the type of women I've dated, and what they've had to put up with from me, I guess.... Embarassed )

Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 UJpDi Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Kilts are practical!  Mad 

'I think the idea that women wear heels and lipstick only to impress men, while it contains a kernel of truth.... it may be a workplace, it may be a social group....Dressing is a social tool with many, many uses.'

I dont deny it has many social uses, but I would take issue that there is only a kernel of truth in it- make up has been shown to be attractive because of its reminders of sexual intimacy. Heels shape the leg and the alter the posture- wearing heels in the workplace will have no effect on your work ability its just more visually attractive.

'Most of the women I've known well enough for such discussions give far more thought to how the other women in their peer group will judge how they're dressed'

I mentioned this when I said 'women compete with each other for mates by using those signals to attract men.'
Women are very competitive with each other.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Kilts are practical!

They don't belong in trees! Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes 

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
I mentioned this when I said 'women compete with each other for mates by using those signals to attract men.'
Women are very competitive with each other.

I'd say no more so than men.  Both sexes dress nicely when they have somebody to impress, which admittedly is often trolling for a perspective mate, but not always. In my opinion it's a far more socially complex action than that, and to reduce it to sex is to completely miss the mark.

Men's fashion is just as open to ridicule as women's in my opinion. There are a lot of bad men's shoes out there too (I'm only wearing these platforms because  Queen Tin asked for them Shrugging {{They make my back hurt, but they do show off my thighs nicely I think Nod }} ).

Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 UJpDi Benedict Cumberbatch is a Total Doofus  (to annoy Norc) - Page 4 Mumbea10
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:16 pm

It certainly happens both ways, no denying that.

But in our society the emphasis is far more towards women- think of red carpet events- the men dress up in expensive designer gear just as much as the women- but its the women you will see in the press and being commented on for good or ill the next day. The men will get a passing mention at best.

Men are visually stimulated so women over the generations have learned how to use visual signals more than men have.
Its nothing earth shattering- its what every other animal on the planet does in one way or the other. Everything has its mating dance. We are no different, even if we do over complicate the whole thing by thinking about it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:25 pm

''No I didnt- I specifically said a certain type of feminist who dresses a particular way then makes a claim in contradiction of that-'' Petty

what exactly is this certain type of feminist? curious to know what you mean. Have you gone up to a random woman dressed provocatively and asked her if she is a feminist?, have you done market research on the percentage of tarty looking women who profess to be feminist? In my humble experience tarty looking women have rock bottom self esteem, they desire male attention not because they are particularly randy but they equate their self Worth, their value as human beings through the approval they get from outside, rather than having a solid self Worth inside themselves. When all around them they see Jordanesque women becoming a success, getting positive attention and multiple marriage proposals they try to copy that model, its certainly NOT feminism, neither are celebrities who flaunt their sexuality for cash, as these people are protected from physical harm and live in a protected bubble far away from molestation. But vulnerable minds dont realize this and follow on a destructive path. Its a fine line between dressing to attract a partner and dressing to attract a sexual partner because the person doesnt feel worthy of anything better. But feminists who dress in a sexy way are not mutually exclusive. Women who like heels are dressing as much for men as other women and to make themselves look better aesthetically, its a bonus of living in the West, its free choice. Labelling women either madonna or whore because of the way she dresses is old hat.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 pm

The specific sort I mentioned in my post- the sort who whilst standing dressed in entirely provocative impractical clothing tells you with a straight face they dont dress for anyone else but themselves.

Labelling women either madonna or whore because of the way she dresses is old hat.- Figg

It is indeed, but nor was it anything to do with what I have been discussing.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:The specific sort I mentioned in my post- the sort who whilst standing dressed in entirely provocative impractical clothing tells you with a straight face they dont dress for anyone else but themselves.

I don't know the person you're talking about, but I'm inclined to agree with Mrs Figg. She sounds like somebody who's very insecure about how she looks.
It makes me wonder what was said that she felt it necessary to explain herself.

One of the many male equivalents would be the man who goes to great lengths to hide his bald spot, and when publicly called on it, insists that it's "just to keep my head warm". Yeah, that's it! Right! Rolling Eyes 

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next