Sinister71
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Positive Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Positive Thread

Post by azriel Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:35 am

Nod  Yep, gotta get people to think like a Hobbit Smile only way to save the Universe Smile

The Positive Thread - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Positive Thread - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:04 pm

when you think of all the lucky chances and celestial boinks like the moon just crashing away us at the right speed, and the Earth just being at the right angle etc etc..I bet advanced bipedal lifeforms are pretty rare, I reckon most life will be primitive like bacteria, so we really are a miracle, I just wish we could evolve past the tiny aggressive monkey brain into something better. But it aint gonna happen any time soon. so what Gandalf said about chosing what to do with the time we have left is pretty poignant.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Nod

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:38 pm

I'm making pots with the time I have left. Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Pots, dear Orwell, pots ? what kind ? Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:35 pm

wouldn't say no to pots of cash to buy books with. Very Happy If I ever had say £1000 quid to just buy book I would go crazy in Waterstones, Iwantthatandthatandthatandthat and that! for an hour. Razz that's my dream.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:06 pm

azriel wrote:Think this is positive Smile

https://www.facebook.com/thenaturearoundus/videos/1699200866995935/

I've wanted to visit the Hobbiton set since I first found out that they did tours, but my desire to do so increased significantly after they rebuilt it with permanent materials for The Hobbit trilogy. I will always be great to TH for that, regardless of the films themselves. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:when you think of all the lucky chances and celestial boinks like the moon just crashing away us at the right speed, and the Earth just being at the right angle etc etc..I bet advanced bipedal lifeforms are pretty rare, I reckon most life will be primitive like bacteria, so we really are a miracle, I just wish we could evolve past the tiny aggressive monkey brain into something better. But it aint gonna happen any time soon. so what Gandalf said about chosing what to do with the time we have left is pretty poignant.
(Even if his word were taken out of context in the film and didn't really contain that universally-applicable meaning.)

((Just saying!))

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:42 am

I know they moved the exchange from Bag End to Moria and combined several statements by Gandalf into a single (much shorter) paragraph, but I think that it resulted in a very effective scene in FOTR and was an acceptable use of adaptational/editorial judgment. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Nod  
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:26 pm

I've decided to get rid of my copies of AUJ and DOS (I didn't even bother buying BOTFA), although I enjoyed AUJ for the most part and liked parts of the second film, I don't really have a desire to watch the films again for the forseeable future (there's always youtube or Christmas holiday repeats anyway) and I'd rather just forget about the trilogy, I can't even bring myself to rewatch them just once more for old times sake.

That's a positive right? I've completely moved on and I'm trying to forget my disappointment.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:39 pm

I became more accepting of the Lord of the Rings the more I watched it, not sure if the same would happen with the Hobbit. I own none of them, saw the first film 3 times because I wanted to compare frame rates, 3D, etc but I don't think it made me that much more accepting of it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:00 pm

halfwise wrote:I became more accepting of the Lord of the Rings the more I watched it, not sure if the same would happen with the Hobbit.  I own none of them, saw the first film 3 times because I wanted to compare frame rates, 3D, etc but I don't think it made me that much more accepting of it.

With LOTR I had the opposite problem, I didn't read the books until 2007 so I loved the films as fantasy blockbusters, once I read the books and looked at online criticism I started to grown less and less fond of them...

I liked AUJ for the most part and watched it two or three times in the cinema and the EE twice at home (once with Commentary), DOS i watched twice because I wasn't sure what to make of it, then I watched the EE once (and liked it more than the theatrical edition, but still had major issues with the film), TBOTFA was a pile of shite so I have no plans to rewatch it again.

Overall TH trilogy evened out as 5/10 for me, time hasn't changed my opinions for better or worse I simply no longer care about getting annoyed with them...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Ive decided to be more positive in all things this year. I'm trying to attract all the good vibes in my direction Smile Ive not wasted any money in buying The Hobbshit, my family knew full well NOT to get it for a birthday or Christmas present. I saw the 1st film at the cinema & was utterly gobsmacked by the absolute rubbish I witnessed, I cursed spending a well earned fiver to get in to see that pile of egocentric rubbish. I refused to watch it when it came on TV on the grounds that I was damaged mentally enough without adding more prescription drugs watching that shit. But, I also felt that, If I was to add my tuppence worth to the discussion I better watch it.......somehow pale I did the only sensible thing a person in fear of their disposition could do, & downloaded a copy, a copy I could give away to friends & family, a copy I could ultimately destroy. I feel, after watching The Hobbshit that Ive redeemed myself from past sins & should be able to live a normal life.......with counciling.....Thankyou Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:54 pm

{{The existence of this thread is offensive to me!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Life doesn't have positives- its a non-stop series of things that make you various degrees of crabbit!! Mad }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Well that's positive... you realising life is a roller coaster of stinky poo ! Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:12 pm

{{{That is NOT a positive!! Mad }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:04 pm

azriel wrote:Ive decided to be more positive in all things this year. I'm trying to attract all the good vibes in my direction Smile Ive not wasted any money in buying The Hobbshit, my family knew full well NOT to get it for a birthday or Christmas present. I saw the 1st film at the cinema & was utterly gobsmacked by the absolute rubbish I witnessed, I cursed spending a well earned fiver to get in to see that pile of egocentric rubbish. I refused to watch it when it came on TV on the grounds that I was damaged mentally enough without adding more prescription drugs watching that shit. But, I also felt that, If I was to add my tuppence worth to the discussion I better watch it.......somehow pale I did the only sensible thing a person in fear of their disposition could do, & downloaded a copy, a copy I could give away to friends & family, a copy I could ultimately destroy. I feel, after watching The Hobbshit that Ive redeemed myself from past sins & should be able to live a normal life.......with counciling.....Thankyou Nod

I've flirted with the idea of buying the extended blu-rays and just watch them once as a post-mortem. Then watch the extras, probably. And then I'd just have them in case I needed them for some reason. Pfft, nah! Razz

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:26 pm

You did the right thing Bungo me boy Smile It would have given you many a sleepless night, trust me. Keep that cool, iron grip on yourself & don't give in to temptation

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:01 am

I'm tempted to at least rent them through the mail from Netflix. Just once...

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:02 pm

I still think Ken Stott and Lee Pace were perfect casting, as was Freeman when he wasn't twitching or regulated to supporting character, and Smaug though over sized is easily the best realized dragon in fantasy cinema i.m.o.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 pm

pretty much agree, though I didn't think Smaug matched the personality we got in the books.  Too much focus on physical menace and none on his "overwhelming personality". They had the perfect actor for the job, and wasted the opportunity.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

I agree Halfy, Smaug in the books actually had a personality.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Well, what is to be expected ? If the covern cant get it right with the characters how the holy heck can they get it right with a dragon ? a CGI one at that ! Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 am

I have a massive zit on my chin, its absolutely enormous and throbbing. but it will go eventually, so thats positive. srsly its huge. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next