Eldorion
Sinister71
Norc
Mrs Figg
Lancebloke
21 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm

No 

There's two new TV spots. They have the same material, but the second one has the tagline, "the fate of all lies in the destiny of one." So who is this "one" they're talking about? Because it can't be Bilbo. If it is, then that doesn't make sense continuity wise with the last film.

http://the-hobbit-movie.com/2013/10/29/two-new-tv-spot-for-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-video/

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Tinuviel wrote:No 

There's two new TV spots. They have the same material, but the second one has the tagline, "the fate of all lies in the destiny of one." So who is this "one" they're talking about? Because it can't be Bilbo. If it is, then that doesn't make sense continuity wise with the last film.

http://the-hobbit-movie.com/2013/10/29/two-new-tv-spot-for-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-video/
It's Neo.

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Neo+dodges+the+bullet

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Neo in the Hobbit.... why doesnt that surprise me?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Shocked Shocked Shocked the... what?
You guys don't remember? Very Happy

Stephen Fry: "I ate testicles for The Hobbit" - Digital Spy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:08 pm

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 1043

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:11 pm

That reminds me, I really need to catch up on Half in the Bag. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Yay! Half in the Bag! cheers 

They put out a new one last week. It's been a while since we've had a Best of the Worst. And it's been even longer since they used the "Wheel of the Worst." I want to watch them watch The Shoji Tabuchi Show! bounce 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Perhaps I blocked it out...
And I just learned that neo is an anagram for one Cool 

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 pm

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 The-one

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Testicle eating Tin.

Ask Figgy if you want to know more.
wat?

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Nose-pick
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Don't play coy with us Figgs.... we know!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 pm

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Shh
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 pm

silent 

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 am

Tinuviel wrote:No 

The one is the one ring. Peter Jackson has made the Hobbit all about Sauron and the ring pale  all over again. What a fucking MORON. affraid 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:41 am

Sinister71 wrote:Peter Jackson has made the Hobbit all about Sauron and the ring pale  all over again. What a fucking MORON. affraid 
You guys don't know how much I appreciate the fact that we can say things like this here.

Very Happy I love you pub

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 am

You're welcome. Smugdog
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:21 am

Well I know myself I get testy about the Hobbit as a story, and what Jackson is doing to it. I'm sorry but the Hobbit is NOT about Sauron, its NOT about the ring, Azog was long dead, Dain Ironfoot has basically been shit on by Jackson.

They have completely changed the story and yet we are supposed to be grateful?

I'm sorry but I must have missed that memo about having to be grateful for someone taking my favorite book and turning it into something it wasn't meant to be. Jackson is no Tolkien and can not write like him nor make scenarios like him. And the scenarios from the book that were enjoyable in it Jackson has chosen to alter them into something not the same. He chose to deliberately make them his own instead trying to show any respect to what Tolkien wrote.

So yeah I get kind of touchy and pissed off about what has been done. The Hobbit was treated as some grand experiment because Jackson knew it couldn't fail no matter how bad he did it. The success of LOTR ensured that unfortunately. That is why we are getting 3D, the whole HFR  crap. And finally Jackson comes clean about he really doesn't give a rats ass about Tolkien fans because they are a minority as long as he makes a film that will be flashy and shiny to attract the small minded unthinking crowd with no attention span instead of having faith in the source material and trusting in the audience to be intelligent enough to understand that source material. I think had the source material been given a fair shot it would have been just as successful as Jackson's altered Tolkien.

Maybe I should take an extended break from the forums and the films. I mean there are things i really enjoy. I really do, but then just as I am enjoying something another aspect of the films comes to light that Jackson has no understanding of and has butchered and I get pissed off again. The Hobbit as a story was everything to me when I was a kid. And I have never told people i don't really know this before... That book was my salvation from a drinking, abusive father and a mother who was never home because she was out working all the time. It was my escape I read that book all the time because my young mind could just absorb myself into it and feel like I was on this adventure.  So maybe I have too much emotion invested into the story but I really do not see where Jackson and crew are making it better. I see too much making it something other than the Hobbit story that I love. Something I find hard to deal with at times
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:22 am

That's understandable Sin, especially since they've made it clear in interviews that they don't really care about the story and its history. They could at least act like they gave two shits about it.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:31 am

I've made a final decision that I am going to retire from posting on all other forums for now. Stick to being a mod at Bree and posting here. But I am going to keep it to a minimum probably and just lurk mainly. Posting not as frequently as I have been. And keeping my opinion to myself because it's obvious from the other forums I was on too many people feel offended. So unless something REALLY pisses me off I'll probably not be saying too much.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:45 am

Okay, Sin. See you around. Wish I had the willpower to do the same, but I am such a glutton for punishment. :facepalm: 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Sinister71 wrote:I've made a final decision that I am going to retire from posting on all other forums for now. Stick to being a mod at Bree and posting here. But I am going to keep it to a minimum probably and just lurk mainly. Posting not as frequently as I have been. And keeping my opinion to myself because it's obvious from the other forums I was on too many people feel offended. So unless something REALLY pisses me off I'll probably not be saying too much.
Sin you know you are Always welcome to let your crabbit flow here, its part of the deal. This is the least judgemental place I know, and its great to know we can express ourselves. I am so sorry that what Jackson is doing to the Hobbit makes you angry and upset, I too took refuge in books as a kid, they were my friends in a dark place, a welcome escape from reality, it pisses me off to see TH so cheapened, but keep the bright memory of the book in your heart, that can NEVER be taken away from you, some lightweight movie director and his butt kissing cronies cant destroy it, he just ends up looking like a complete tool, not Tolkien. So let the crabbit flow Sin, and we will join you.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Hey Sin, I get where you're coming from. LOTR was a source of escapism from various shit during my childhood as well. I know I've disagreed with you about a bunch of stuff regarding your criticisms, but I do respect your passion for the story. Smile I just regret that being a fan seems to have become an unpleasant experience for you. I really hope you'll keep posting here, whether it's about The Hobbit or anything else, cause I like hearing what you think about stuff. But if you need to take a step back in order to reduce stress, then I totally understand that. Wink

Just know that even if I or anyone else here disagrees with you, we're probably not offended and we certainly don't mind you being crabbit so long as you're okay. Very Happy Best wishes!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:07 pm

i haven't offended u have i sin?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Don't worry about offending people. Nothing actually happens to them and they get over it after a while.

Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 pm

well.. i usually don't Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next