Eldorion
Sinister71
Norc
Mrs Figg
Lancebloke
21 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Sinister71 Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 pm

malickfan wrote:And STILL no talking purse. Sad 
I'm more disappointed that there is no Dain Ironfoot in the EE honestly. Dain is a very important character to the story even though he is in it briefly. But he does appear in the appendices which gives us more time with the character. Time to learn more about the dwarf who would (or at least SHOULD) become King Under the Mountain. But instead we get Jackson making Dain out to be unsympathetic and unhelpful. Never once making an appearance to build up his character. to get fans behind him when he becomes king. Sadly according to Billy Connolly his role is pretty much a cameo role. A cameo REALLY? We get Legolas running all over middle earth dry humping Tauriel, getting involved in crap he never did. Yet a character from the book and appendices gets a fucking cameo role even though he ends up being the leader of the forces in the east. Honestly Peter Jackson has lost his mind and couldn't tell Tolkien's story even if he really wanted to. Extremely Crabbit Shrugging Extremely Crabbit 

At this point I would gladly take the talking purse as well because at least its part of Tolkien's world. What a Face 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:10 pm

These extended scenes get worse and worse.
For all my crabbit at LotR's many of the EE scenes were ones I felt were important enough character beats to have warranted inclusion in the theatrical cut over much of the unnecessary additions that were in it.
But with these 'extensions' I feel that they deserved to be on the cutting room floor (granted with most of the theatrical cut too) and are only being trotted out into the light of day now because after LotR's everyone expects there to be an EE.
This film and these scenes prove that an EE for them is in fact unwarranted. These scenes only add more bad and increased crabbitness Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:43 pm

the EEs are cheap and nasty, they make the Dwarves and Elves look like jerks.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:51 pm

In fairness I did always wonder why Dain or the apparently massive Dwarven settlement at the Iron Hills didn't just try and take back Erebor themselves (though of course We aren't given a location of the Iron Hills in The Hobbit as originally published)-obviously Dain didn't see the point or likelihood in doing it himself so I can kinda get why Jackson and co are making him out to be a doubtful git thus far...less easy to fathom is why they wouldn't utilize an opportunity to introduce him as soon as possible.

Shrugging 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:57 pm

I guess a dirty great Dragon would be bit of a reason.Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:02 pm

malickfan wrote:In fairness I did always wonder why Dain or the apparently massive Dwarven settlement at the Iron Hills didn't just try and take back Erebor themselves (though of course We aren't given a location of the Iron Hills in The Hobbit as originally published)-obviously Dain didn't see the point or likelihood in doing it himself so I can kinda get why Jackson and co are making him out to be a doubtful git thus far...less easy to fathom is why they wouldn't utilize an opportunity to introduce him as soon as possible.

Shrugging 
well that was kind of my point since the appendices gave a prime reason to introduce him. It gave him an important task. So that in the beginning of the film we see how important he is. How much weight he carries and why he has that weight and status among the dwarfs. Dain probably did see the folly in trying to take on a dragon since all of Erebor couldn't defeat him he probably felt it would get more dwarfs killed for nothing. So who can really blame him. And since Thorin was the rightful heir it should be his place. But I mean to make Dain Ironfoot an unlikable character from the start isn't the way to have people cheering when he finally shows up or is made King under the mountain. Jackson missed a major opportunity IMO by skipping the character and mentioning him in a not so nice way in AUJ. The general audience is going to be like, "WTF!!???, This guy wouldn't help Thorin, said he's on his own, yet shows up and is made king just because Thorin dies. Why not one of the dwarfs on the quest?"And who knows Jackson may have already fucked that up too and made Dwalin King Under the Mountain for all we know at this point.

I could have seen a scene with Thorin and Dain with Dain explaining rationally to Thorin about not wanting to get more dwarfs killed and if Thorin wanted to reclaim the halls. It was his quest and if Dain tried to talk Thorin out of it but said if Thorin needed him he would come. As well as showing Dain and what he actually did in the appendices. It would have painter Dain in a much better light and shown how stubborn Thorin is. Also it should have been Thorin and Dain to be hugging after the battle of Moria which would have shown their closeness. giving some positive light for Dain Ironfoot

Last edited by Sinister71 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Well as long as it isn't Tauriel...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 am

Giving Dain any sort of character would've been too nuanced for these films. They aren't aimed at us, even though they're perfect adaptations fully in the spirit of the author.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:06 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:Giving Dain any sort of character would've been too nuanced for these films. They aren't aimed at us, even though they're perfect adaptations fully in the spirit of the author.
According to Peter Jackson maybe :facepalm:

I guess I just have a mind that thinks telling the story in the book and appendices would work on film and still be successful. Peter Jackson IMO is more concerned with HIS made up story than he is adapting the material. Nothing says ego to me than taking someone elses story tearing it apart adding more made up content than original story into it and then reaping the rewards because of the original authors name. Plus the success of the previous film trilogy which the new one feels nothing like. At this point for me the only thing Tolkien in these films is the words "based on the book by JRR Tolkien" confused 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:37 am

Sinister71 wrote:According to Peter Jackson maybe :facepalm:
Bit a paradox, right?

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:41 am

I read a interesting comment the other day along the lines of 'Peter Jackson is making a movie of The Hobbit based on the Video Game partially inspired by Alan Lee's Calender's inspired by the book'.

Now that would be something good for creative Corner Jackson being haunted by Tolkien's Spirit...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:05 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:According to Peter Jackson maybe :facepalm:
Bit a paradox, right?
Not sure about that a paradox might be true. I find no truth in any of Jackson's claims about sticking to Tolkien or the spirit of Tolkien, with what I seen in the hobbit films so far.
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:57 am

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mvaoom0T8p1s8r3dxo1_500
More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mvaoom0T8p1s8r3dxo3_500More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mvaoom0T8p1s8r3dxo2_500
someone please make this into one gif with the text "haters gonna hate"
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Norc wrote:More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mvaoom0T8p1s8r3dxo1_500
More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mvaoom0T8p1s8r3dxo3_500More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mvaoom0T8p1s8r3dxo2_500
This. Must happen.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:00 pm

And we thought Tauriel/Legolas was going to be the love story.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:08 pm

You mean Thorin/Tauriel. Or Galadriel/Gandalf. Or Peter Jackson/Peter Jackson.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 pm

or Peter Jackson/Philipa Boyens..oh wait....that ship has sailed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Norc wrote:More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mvaoom0T8p1s8r3dxo1_500
More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Iky2vDX4fwHEE

Best I could do. I couldn't make one smooth gif because of the way the three originals had been cut up. Shrugging

I set it to 0 milliseconds between each frame, but it still looks slower than the original.

I just noticed a little hiccup in one of the frames, but I can't account for this in the images I transferred to GIMP. TUMBLRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Extremely Crabbit 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:35 pm

BRILLIANT! LOVE IT!

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mc1yt3As4B1qfoalao1_400
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:05 am

Amarië wrote:Or Peter Jackson/Peter Jackson.
It all makes sense now. Shocked This movie isn't about Bilbo or Thorin (or even the appendices!), it's a love story.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Clearest picture of the Master of Lake-town so far, courtesy of Stephen Fry's Twitter.

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 8t5gGN4
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:09 pm

very Falstaffian
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:20 pm

I think Fry looks pretty good, but I'm not looking forward to the testicle-eating.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked the... what?

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Testicle eating Tin.

Ask Figgy if you want to know more.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next