Eldorion
Sinister71
Norc
Mrs Figg
Lancebloke
21 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD Empty More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Lancebloke Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:55 am

Continued from: http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t583p990-more-hobbit-pictures-3-spoiler-thread

----------

Think it is more that Tolkien didn't mention Laketown had an I.T. department.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:52 am

did the medieval period have Exel? scratch 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Norc Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:44 pm

I.T? maybe i should read that more closely... i dunno what the problem is.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:03 pm

its the neat columns, its just not right, its 21st century and a bad error. It doesnt exist for that supposed period in time ie medievally/17th century look.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:30 pm

I think its the perfectly rectangular boxes that annoy people and show the inconsistencies in time periods. Something like those nice neat boxes were non existent until say the 20th 21rst century. a medieval world would have simply had writing on paper but no boxes. Jackson's crew just got sloppy

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Norc wrote:I.T? maybe i should read that more closely... i dunno what the problem is.
It was pretty clearly put together in Microsoft Word.  Which is uncharacteristic for the films since they're usually very conscientious about creating authentic-looking props and sets.

But it's a minor complaint and I can't imagine the piece of paper will be prominently featured in the film.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:22 pm

oh. ok. yeah. i guess boxes weren't used, maybe some lines underneath the words to separate them, but not boxes. i don't think anyone other than petty will notice this piece of paper though . .. in the movie .
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Well...Petty's eventual DOS parody is going to be rather hillarious at least...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:06 am

There's one good thing to come out of these movies :carrot:

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:04 am

Here's the explanation for the rift between the elves and dwarfs, though not really much on Thorin's irrational distaste. I think this scene should NOT have been cut. It's really important to the story and to Thranduil's cooperation in their quest!!!!

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 pm

the scene was a little unclear. Why would the dwarves offer a box of diamonds and then shut it in Thranduil's face? If someone didn't pay you for something you don't offer them money and then snatch it away. Alternatively Thranduil's mesmerized reaction is not of one who sees something that has been stolen from them. That scene looks like the dwarves were meant to pay for something and then refused...backwards from the text.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah that's what I thought,too. I think the whole purpose of the scene is to show how dumb Bilbo thinks the feud over the treasure was and also to show that Thranduil desires the treasure. Maybe that was the cause for the weird line in the trailer where he's like "I offer you my help." My guess is that Thorin is like "Hahahahah NO." so Thranduil throws them in the dungeon.

On a side note, Lee Pace is a really elfy looking elf! I'd say the most elfy looking of everyone!

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:12 pm

It all makes about as much sense as Thranduil and his army arriving at Erebor just after Smaug attacks. What were they doing there in the first place? Maybe they were coming to attack the dwarves, and then saw that someone had done it for them.

More Hobbit pictures [4] SPOILER THREAD Confused

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:17 pm

i agree with tin, thranduil/lee pace IS AN ELF! Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:07 pm

That scene is awful, it explains nothing. Were the elves due the jewels? If not why are the dwarves waving them about in front of them?
If the elves were paying tribute to the dwarves they should be bringing stuff to them, not be being offered stuff by them then to only have it snatched away at the last second. What are the dwarves supposed to be doing, just taking the piss for a laugh? Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:15 pm

The whole Elf/Dwarf thing was already irrevocably messed up by the theatrical edition, which introduced the whole "the Elf-king paid homage to Thror" idea, which completely changes the dynamic between the two groups.  The new scene doesn't really make any sense but it's just the diarrhea icing on a shit cake.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Clicking on the annotations to the Dwarf video, I just watched the young Bilbo scene, which is similarly baffling.

First, it's all of 30 seconds and the only character with any dialogue in it is Belladona Took (who says a grand total of one word), so I'm left wondering what the point is beyond pure fanservice.

Second, Bilbo claims that "it was the beginning of an unlikely friendship, that has lasted all my life."  A friendship between a three-year-old and an immortal Wizard who didn't see each other again for almost 50 years.  Riiiight. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Maybe film Bilbo is just a really sad person, who thinks because he once at a party as a child that someone else was at, that they are his friend. Shrugging 

And you were right Sin, it is a wooden sword not a firework as I first thought from the stills.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Maybe. Razz

Anyway, TORn has a detailed summary of all the EE scenes, most of which I think have found their way online so far.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/10/25/81272-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-extended-edition-scene-guide/
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 pm

One that I haven't seen in video form yet though is this:

1:42:07 -Rivendell at night, just after Bofur throws a sausage at Bombur and the table he’s on collapses. The scene cuts away to Bilbo walking alone, and he overhears Gandalf and Elrond talking.

“Of course I was going to tell you”, Gandalf says, “I was waiting for this very chance. And really, I – I think you can trust that I know what I am doing.” “Do you?” Elrond replies. “That dragon has slept for sixty years. What will happen if your plan should fail? If you wake that beast…” Gandalf cuts him off; “But if we succeed! What if the dwarves take back the mountain, then our defenses in the east will be strengthened.”

Elrond: “It’s a dangerous move, Gandalf.”

As Bilbo listens to them, he turns to see that Thorin is standing behind him.

Gandalf: “It is also dangerous to do nothing! Oh, come – the throne of Erebor is Thorin’s birthright! What is it you fear?”

Saruman: “Have you forgotten, a strain of madness runs deep in that family. His grandfather lost his mind. His father succumbed to the same sickness. Can you swear Thorin Oakenshield will not also fall? Gandalf, these decisions to not rest with us alone. It is not up to you or me to redraw the map of Middle-earth.” This leads into the theatrical scene where they walk up the steps to the balcony, where they meet Galadrial and Saruman.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Here, Eldo.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks bungo. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:29 pm

that scene with Thandy was all wrong. I dont like the implied cheap tricks between Elves and Dwarves. ''you ignore the laws of hospitality and slam the lid in my face, and I will ignore you when you get attacked by Smaug''. Dwarves and Elves had a good trading relationship they would not treat each other in such a cavalier fashion. They would have treated each other with courtesy not like school children. It makes the Dwarves look like petulant kids and the Elves greedy and vengeful. It was rubbish.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:29 pm

So far I'm not impressed with any of the added material except maybe the Elrond/ Bilbo scene. Which isn't great but it's at least tolerable. The scene with Thranduil is crap i agree Figgs the dwarfs and Elves had a good trading relationship the elves paying for something would have been unlikely. Since they probably would have bartered more than it been a financial situation. Young Bilbo with Gandalf is just pointless since he didn't really recognize Gandalf when he meets him at the good morning sequence. And he was much too young to really remember him anyways. The only thing I see is them giving little Bilbo a sword that resembles Sting So Jackson can think he is being clever, but the scene is just pointless. The dwarfs bathing is just something that seems so disrespectful and fake. They are obviously CGI dwarfs, And why are Gandalf and Elrond talking about waking the dragon and about Gandalf having some master plan. Really? If they had the rights to UT and could use the Quest for Erebor material, I might buy into it but since they don't they should have just left it alone. And what's up with Thorin stalking Bilbo? This film does not get any better as it gets bigger IMO

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:34 pm

And STILL no talking purse. Sad 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next