Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
24 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

All things sporting - Page 4 Empty Re: All things sporting

Post by Orwell Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 pm

chris63 wrote:Manchester City, club of the future Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

exciting times for City. About time, have waited 40yrs Smile

Sad you don't live in Vic, Chris, then you could barrack for Richmond and forget all that Old World overpaid tiddlywinking tiddlywinky game of yours.. . Petty can't help it, he's Scottish, but you'ver seen AFL. Sadly you're stuck with only Freo and West Coast, a real tragedy, but still you would have seen the Tigers on TV! Walk toward the light, Chris, walk toward the light.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:35 am

What are you wittling on about Orwell? Is that even a real game you are talking about? Tigers on TV, perhaps some sort of wildlife documentary, or if a sport some sort of school sports day thing, Tigers and little ones in the Cubs? The egg and spoon race?
There are only three worthwhile sports in the world. Football obviously. Golf cause it makes Scotland a mint. And cricket (but only when some ex-colonial power is humilating England at it- its why those countries learnt to play in the first place you know).

Damn sorry I forgot one. There are FOUR worthwhile sports in the world. I forgot Women's Beach Volleyball. For all the obvious sporting reasons. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:What are you wittling on about Orwell? Is that even a real game you are talking about? Tigers on TV, perhaps some sort of wildlife documentary, or if a sport some sort of school sports day thing, Tigers and little ones in the Cubs? The egg and spoon race?

Respect! Petty, you should show other people respect. No wonder people get cross with you. Rolling Eyes You should especially show Australian Rules Football far more respect - because it deserves it. It's a game requiring (1) Every skill imaginable, (2) absolute Masculine courage and (3) amazing intelligence (well, not so much the third thing, it is still Sport, after all).

As to your comments on the Richmond Tigers, sometimes I wish you'd just shut up. Mad [/quote]

Pettytyrant101 wrote:There are only three worthwhile sports in the world. Football obviously. Golf cause it makes Scotland a mint. And cricket (but only when some ex-colonial power is humilating England at it- its why those countries learnt to play in the first place you know).

Rolling Eyes

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Damn sorry I forgot one. There are FOUR worthwhile sports in the world. I forgot Women's Beach Volleyball. For all the obvious sporting reasons. Very Happy

Yes, that's an obvious sport worth watching. Must be if even Scotshobbits appreciate it. (Men's Beach Volleyball, strangely enough, seems far less engaging).

I like Netball. Gazelles! Gazelles, I say! (Women's Basketball though, well, I hope I don't offend anyone by saying it's played by Men with boobs and vaginas...)

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 am

"sometimes I wish you'd just shut up."- Orwell

I get the feeling I am going to be hearing this a lot. Lucky I'm too drunk so I don't mind. Of course I might eventually get drunk enough to mind! You have been warned.

"Women's Basketball though, well, I hope I don't offend anyone by saying it's played by Men with boobs and vaginas..."

lol! That is classic. You should use that as your sig.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:33 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"sometimes I wish you'd just shut up."- Orwell

I get the feeling I am going to be hearing this a lot. Lucky I'm too drunk so I don't mind. Of course I might eventually get drunk enough to mind! You have been warned..

The question I ask myself is, how long will I find it funny? I think I might already have worn it out. (I almost used it against Kafria, then my heart gave a flutter, and my knees went a bit wonky, and I gutted out! (I suspect she's a strict teacher?)

Pettytyrant101 wrote:""Women's Basketball though, well, I hope I don't offend anyone by saying it's played by Men with boobs and vaginas..."
lol! That is classic. You should use that as your sig.

That may come back to bite me. Some Netballers fit the category, and some basketballers don't. (I'm not confident I'm extricating myself here - maybe I should just shut up! Shocked )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 am

(I suspect she's a strict teacher?) - Orwell

That a suspicion or a hope? Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:38 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:(I suspect she's a strict teacher?) - Orwell

That a suspicion or a hope? Wink

I almost threw in: "I wonder if she wears suspender belts and bears a whip", but thought that kind of comment uncalled for. Btw your question affirms my view that you have a peurile juvenile mind, Petty. I suggest you grow up.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 am

"I suggest you grow up."- Orwell

Not if I can help it. Not if I live to be a thousand years old. So nah-nah to you. Razz

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"I suggest you grow up."- Orwell

Not if I can help it. Not if I live to be a thousand years old. So nah-nah to you. Razz

I did my best, Kafria. I hope he hasn't offended you in any way. At least I'm still here to have mature discussions with.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 am

Orwell wrote:

I did my best, Kafria. I hope he hasn't offended you in any way. At least I'm still here to have mature discussions with.

Sorry I'm with Petty on this one - who wants to grow up? Best thing about getting older is having the confidence to continue being as daft as I like!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:29 am

Kafria wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Sorry I'm with Petty on this one - who wants to grow up? Best thing about getting older is having the confidence to continue being as daft as I like!

You're only saying that because it's the middle of the night where you are. I bet you won't be saying that in front of your students next school day. (And won't be wearing a suspender belt neither!)

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:32 am

I hate to diassapoint, but I have jumped up and down in frustration, stamped my feet and danced around the room like a fool in front of classes, not to mention I start a good number of my lesson with ' we were supposedto be doing Blah blah blah, but I thought we could play instead' before starting practical

(and the suspender belt is my own business, the kids don't need to know)

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 am

I think I must have had rubbish teachers at school by the sounds of things.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:31 am

I reckon I could keep my boy interested in school if we had more teachers like you, Kafria. (Dancing is a sport too btw which gives this all a sense of completeness, actually, being on the Sports Thread and all). As to your suspender belt, I think it only wise for you to leave something up to your students' imaginations, only wise.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:42 am

I never knew until now, but I've always been a Rangers supporter! Shocked (Go Matty McKay! cheers ) {{{{Hello fellow Bluenose! You know who I mean, don't you! Laughing }}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 am

Very Happy Bad time to have such a realisation after last nights game. {{{ Your nose aint just blue you are also a Bear! Shocked }}} And yes things are so bad we will even try an Australian!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: Very Happy Bad time to have such a realisation after last nights game. {{{ Your nose aint just blue you are also a Bear! Shocked }}} And yes things are so bad we will even try an Australian!

If only you had him before you were booted out of the Europe comp thingee... He wouldn't have gone soft under pressure like a limp doodle... him being Australian and all.... Hey! The Rangers are Protestants too (in case you didn't know), and not only that Gers rhymes with Bears... Go figure... Amazing how much I know already, and I've only been a Diehard Supporter (or any kind of supporter) for about thirty minutes. All you need is Timmy Cahill and you'll be invincible. (I suppose you don't think Tiimmy would be good enough for Rangers - is that right? - him playing for another team - and an English one --- I have to think that, don't I? being a One Eyed Rangers supporter -- thirty two minutes now).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am

"The Rangers are Protestants too"- Orwell

Nice to see you cottoned on immediately to the important stuff. Definetly a life long diehard if ever I saw one.
As to last nights game if we had gone down like a 'limp doodle' it would somehow not be so bad as to have completely dominated a game we still contrived not to win.
And yeah Cahill would be alright- Everton player isn't he? Everton are fine- now if he had been a Liverpool player that would be a different matter- as a diehard I am sure you realise why.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:44 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:"The Rangers are Protestants too"- Orwell

Nice to see you cottoned on immediately to the important stuff. Definetly a life long diehard if ever I saw one.
As to last nights game if we had gone down like a 'limp doodle' it would somehow not be so bad as to have completely dominated a game we still contrived not to win.
And yeah Cahill would be alright- Everton player isn't he? Everton are fine- now if he had been a Liverpool player that would be a different matter- as a diehard I am sure you realise why.

Err... Shocked .... errumm.... of course I do. It's that Proddy/Mick thing, isn't it? Shocked Of course it is .... I think .... I didn't look up Celtic on Wikipedia --- too loyal a Bluenose to do that! (Mind, when I was a Diehard Celtic supporter I might have, but that was before MacDonald went to Middlesborough. They were different times. A time when a Proddy Ozhobbit could support a Mick team because there was an Australian in it). I did, of course, support with a special fervourness (if somewhat casually) Rangers when Moore played for the Proddies. (On balance, I've been statistically more a supporter of Rangers and not that other club whose name must not be spoken... anymore....) Anyhow, it's pleasing to know I have joined the Ranks of the Bluenoses (again) and I pledge the same kind of Loyalty that I always pledge to teams Australians play in (even if it's only soccer).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:27 pm

chris63 wrote:Manchester City, club of the future Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

exciting times for City. About time, have waited 40yrs Smile

MONEY GRABBING b#@%&*d! Still love Cesc though; most attractive footballer ever... What a Face

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 pm

All that money is a bit obscene, isn't it? (AFL has better talents, the game's far more exciting to watch, and it's not obscenely money driven --- well, not as obscenely as round ball tiddlywinks football is).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Speak English Orwell... Suspect

"round ball tiddlywinks football" What the...

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Soccer? You really should learn about Australian Rules, Ally. Think of Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Pink Floyd (when Syd was in it), The Mighty Boosh, Monty Python, Rugby, Football, Grid Iron (be careful not to put cricket in, no weapons allowed), and everything else you love, then mix it up in potions class at Hogwarts, and you'll end up with something resembling Aussie Rules. It may seem a crazy, fast, violent, heart burstingly frightening, joyous spectacle, because that's what is it. (Oh yes, the Men are Men. They don't prance about pretending their leg is broken because an opposition player farted near them (Aussie Rules players suck it up and say, "Is that the best you can do?") They don't wear suits of armour (Grid Iron), and don't just run headlong into each other throwing the ball backwards (how the hell to you score going backwards?) It's Intellectualized Violence at High Speed. You need to know every skill known to sport. It's crazy, it's exciting, and it's Democracy. Very Happy I make love to my wife at Quarter Time, Half Time and Three Quarter Time because she's so excited! (That last bit may not be true).

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:24 am

we are the Eagles, west coast eagles and where here to show you why

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 am

Orwell wrote:Soccer? You really should learn about Australian Rules, Ally. Think of Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Pink Floyd (when Syd was in it), The Mighty Boosh, Monty Python, Rugby, Football, Grid Iron (be careful not to put cricket in, no weapons allowed), and everything else you love, then mix it up in potions class at Hogwarts, and you'll end up with something resembling Aussie Rules. It may seem a crazy, fast, violent, heart burstingly frightening, joyous spectacle, because that's what is it. (Oh yes, the Men are Men. They don't prance about pretending their leg is broken because an opposition player farted near them (Aussie Rules players suck it up and say, "Is that the best you can do?") They don't wear suits of armour (Grid Iron), and don't just run headlong into each other throwing the ball backwards (how the hell to you score going backwards?) It's Intellectualized Violence at High Speed. You need to know every skill known to sport. It's crazy, it's exciting, and it's Democracy. Very Happy I make love to my wife at Quarter Time, Half Time and Three Quarter Time because she's so excited! (That last bit may not be true).

I lost you are Bob Dylan (well duhhh, he's just so damn hot even at his old age!) but uh, Grid Iron? I'm a welsh seventeen year old. i don't know what that is!!

" It's Intellectualized Violence at High Speed" Made me giggle though!

" I make love to my wife at Quarter Time, Half Time and Three Quarter Time because she's so excited!" Why are the times sponsored by burgers? Thogh making love at the stadium that's radical!! Sometimes I eat burgers at Maccy D's and then make love to some dweeb dork in the bushs (that last bit may not be true!

Well off to bed, have fun peeps!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next