David H
Ally
halfwise
Lancebloke
CC12 35
19 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 32 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:27 pm

its funny how rock pools are universally loved, theres something really inviting about them, I want to dip my toes in but I think crabs will bite them, maybe its rude to just barge in without invitation.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 32 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Well they have all the fascination of the sea but are too small to have sharks in them. Nod 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:20 pm

i'm here. i've been on a summer school thing this weekend, for violin/viola/cello etc. players Smile
i said so before i disappeared.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Welcome back Very Happy Did you record anything of what you played? Would be cool to hear Smile

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 32 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Welcome back Norc - its been unpleasantly quite in your absence- so in the best interests of everyone else from now on you are banned from having a life. Twisted Evil 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I wanna hear her swear about THAT one ! Very Happy
Its funny how you miss those little things ! Very Happy 
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Welcome back :DDid you record anything of what you played? Would be cool to hear Smile
thanx ^^ no i didn't record anything, though the school always does that, maybe they'll post something Shrugging but i can show u what we played Wink

the Holberg Suite (all five parts Smile )

Komm Zigany (come gipsy) (thouhg we played it a bit differently and more... i dunno dramatic and less swing and a cello had the solo bit)

first and last one of this; concert for 2 violins in D minor by Bach

and this one by the norwegian composer Johan Svendsen "Romanza" but only strings. only our solist played it MUCH! MUCH! better..

and then all the violas and cellos played this (so a much deeper sound than this video)

and a lot of other stuff too Wink if they ever post i'll let you know Smile

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Welcome back Norc - its been unpleasantly quite in your absence- so in the best interests of everyone else from now on you are banned from having a life. Twisted Evil 
aw, how sweet ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm glad to see you back, Norc! Smile We should catch up on Skype sometime once we're both back home.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:23 pm

how sweet - Norc

I resent that! Mad 

We should catch up on Skype sometime once we're both back home.- Eldo

Blimey you dont waste time, youre not even home yet! Dont go charging like a bull at the gate boy! Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Not everything I say is meant to be suggestive, Petty. Wink

{{{Although I've spent five days and counting with no fewer than four 16 year olds in our camping party so suggestiveness has been pretty common on this trip.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Hahaha..  Feel u bro Laughing yes, we'll catch up Wink school starts on tuesday though...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 am

Geez, everyone I know seems to be starting school really early this year. Razz I hope it goes well for you and isn't too crazy and hectic. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:07 am

yeah, thanx ^^ i hope so too Very Happy although this isn't early. i've had summer holliday for like two months.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:35 pm

I guess I'm used to school not starting until the last few days of August.  I always clung to my summer vacation for as long as I possibly could. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Gypsy music is the bestest. Thanks for posting it Norc!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Lucky u eldo, u little fucker who's done with all that... 

Gypsy music is fun Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:00 pm

For a few years anyway. Once I start graduate school I'm sure I'll be on here bitching about how horrible it is. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Grad school is not as fun because you are basically confined to your department. Make sure you take the time to enjoy the college experience, you'll never have anything quite like it again.

Oh yeah, and the best way to have time for fun is to start all your assignments as soon as you get them....

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 32 Notlistening

Not thinking about school.... not thinking about school...... Where's that buckie?

Rolling Eyes Very Happy

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 pm

halfwise wrote:

Oh yeah, and the best way to have time for fun is to start all your assignments as soon as you get them....

This is the best advise ever, but also the hardest one to follow.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:09 am

Actually as soon as you get in the habit you'll find it's the easiest thing to follow.  You're told to do something, you get right on it.  the results are quite remarkable.

But it only really works with something like college where the tasks are predictable and scheduled.  In real life you've always got someone shouting about something urgent and you have let your long term tasks slip further and further behind to put out the most recent fire. So the novel never gets written, the house never gets painted.

The best advice is to just avoid real life.  
(I think that's where bucky comes in...)

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:15 am

It does indeed Halfwise.
In fact if you start early enough in the day by the time people get to shouting things at you, you dont care anyway. Nod 
Of course you dont get anything done either, painting the house, writing your novel, or whatever it is people are shouting at you to do, but you do get to be drunk and crabbit about everything all day and its important to focus on that positive aspect I feel. Nod drunken

edot add- just realised that was my 20, billionth post or something! affraid 
How wonderfully inconsequential. drunken 
Um, I was going to finally put up the NotP for it, but I forgot all about my post count! Embarassed  drunken 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:14 am

Congrats petty! Surprised 
I'm still working on 1,000.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:34 am

wise words Laughing

also congrats petty ^^

though maybe the notp for eldo first? Shrugging
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:06 am

20k Shocked Congratulations, Petty, you really contribute in keeping this place alive Smile

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 32 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next