David H
Ally
halfwise
Lancebloke
CC12 35
19 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 36 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Norc, do you know around what standard your orchestra is? I play in an extremely small school one and a local area one that I go to on Saturday mornings. The Sat morning one has lots of different ensembles and we perform in various termly local concerts.

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [3] - Page 36 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [3]

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm

I know sungha jung. I like him. He's cool.

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Lancebloke wrote:
Using a pick isnt easy and you need to be far more accurate, especially when you are playing at speed or getting in to string skipping techniques.
yes, obviously, i was thinking of people who gt the plecter out as soon as they start and it sounds awful. still prefer fingers but if you're good with plecter of course, why not. pick=plecter/plekter
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Squach wrote:Norc, do you know around what standard your orchestra is? I play in an extremely small school one and a local area one that I go to on Saturday mornings. The Sat morning one has lots of different ensembles and we perform in various termly local concerts.
i am at a fairly large school, not huge. the youth orchestra varies. sometimes we're really good, we're supposed to be the best of the youth orchestras, but there is a lot of young people now so not the level we want to be. but after, the creme d la creme of that orcehstra plays in a camber orchestra and we're pretty good (we played that plink plank plunk piece). also the summer orcehstra gathering the level was quite high. we had some russians over from Arkanghelsk and three different orchestra, A being beginners, B being the middle one and C being the one's who've played the longest (i am guessing 6 years+, although they look at what pieces of music you've played when choosing what orcestra to out u in). in the summer thing we played the Holberg suite by Grieg for instance, so the level is quite high Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Dayum. I play clarinet currently at my local area one and we're... terrible.

If this works, click the link below and on the player, the third one down labelled "Intermediate Orchestra - Farandole from L'Artisienne Bizet" The clarinets don't sound too bad (you can hear us more clearly at about 0:35) but it's extremely cringey. The flutes are really bad Nod 

linklinklinklinklink

List of our emsembles:
here

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:16 pm

As much as its not my style at all, this dude is probably one of the best in terms of picking technique when it comes to speed, however I dont often feel much when listening to him play.

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 pm

it's not that bad Smile and at least u have clarinets, we only have strings. and crescendo and everything and difference between forte and piano good ^^ honestly it's not that bad Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 pm

i've probably posted this before, but here is the string quartet i am in. it's not the best we've done but i put it on youtube. we're starting up again on monday. playing abba. there is a game of thrones recording to there ... somewhere.

we're called "the Lord of the Strings"
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:22 pm

It's not exactly our best performance. This year we got a new conductor who used to conduct the Junior String ensemble, so it's been quite a change. We've done a Titanic arrangement and a James Bond theme arrangement as well as some more classical pieces like Music for the Royal Fireworks (Handel, I think)

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Squach wrote:Dayum. I play clarinet currently at my local area one and we're... terrible.
No ensemble of people your age will sound all that good, you've all just begun playing! In a few years things will start to sound much better. Good to set a high bar but it takes time.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 pm

wow, that's really good ^_^

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 pm

-To Norc's video

When you shift positions to reach the higher notes it sounds a lot better than I do.

Last edited by Squach on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:26 pm

... I hope you didnt think that was me...
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 pm

halfwise wrote:
Squach wrote:Dayum. I play clarinet currently at my local area one and we're... terrible.
No ensemble of people your age will sound all that good, you've all just begun playing!  In a few years things will start to sound much better.  Good to set a high bar but it takes time.
I've been playing violin since I was 7 but I took a while to get the hang of it since it was my first musical instrument. I've been playing clarinet for two years now.

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Lancebloke wrote:... I hope you didnt think that was me...
Haha, no. His playing was certainly interesting but it's not quite my thing either.

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 am

Think his aim is more to show what people can be capable of. Certainly does that. I try and approach things from a more melodic point of view though.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:11 am

Squach wrote:It's not exactly our best performance. This year we got a new conductor who used to conduct the Junior String ensemble, so it's been quite a change. We've done a Titanic arrangement and a James Bond theme arrangement as well as some more classical pieces like Music for the Royal Fireworks (Handel, I think)
ooh, that sounds awesome. we did royal fireworks too Smile yes, Händel Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 am

Squach wrote:-To Norc's video

When you shift positions to reach the higher notes it sounds a lot better than I do.
i don't think i shifted position at all during that, but the guys did Smile but it's just practise ^^ i sucked at it in the beginning, but now i am master (not really but at least better Wink from first to third at least)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 am

Squach wrote:
halfwise wrote:
No ensemble of people your age will sound all that good, you've all just begun playing!  In a few years things will start to sound much better.  Good to set a high bar but it takes time.
I've been playing violin since I was 7 but I took a while to get the hang of it since it was my first musical instrument. I've been playing clarinet for two years now.
i also started when i was 7, had some tutoring at six, but i didn't start at the school until i was seven Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Well I hope all this musical learning makes you all very crabbit, 'cause otherwise you or on the wrong bloody thread!!! Evil or Very Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:46 pm

tuning pegs makes me crabbit.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Seconded.

Your mum.
Squach
Squach

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Well, I suppose you are on the right thread then. {{Dammit now I dont have anything to be crabbit about Mad  ah well I'll just have to be crabbit about not being crabbit then Twisted Evil }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 pm

I wish I could convince my cats that just because something comes out of a tin it does NOT automatically make it cat food! Evil or Very Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:34 am

Blergh! Awoke this morning to the sounds of Squach already up and about. Ohhhh I thought, might get a coffee in bed. Not a chance, she just wants to be up early to play on the computer before school. Evil or Very Mad 

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next