halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by azriel Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Bluebells & ferns Very Happy what a nice thought Nod

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:43 am

How is this flat and empty? - Ringdrotten

Well I didnt say all it of it was, some of it has some big holes too Wink

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:00 pm

I were in Ireland last summer with my family and when I discovered that some of the GoT were filmed there, I got my father to drive there. This is from the scene were Arya runs away in season 1 or 2 (I don't quite remember)
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 JBPJU1T

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:23 pm

azriel wrote:I like this sort of thing...

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 Faeriefalls_zps0a979d15

me too. its gorgeous. I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:25 pm

huffjuff wrote:I were in Ireland last summer with my family and when I discovered that some of the GoT were filmed there, I got my father to drive there. This is from the scene were Arya runs away in season 1 or 2 (I don't quite remember)
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 JBPJU1T

Thumbs Up nice!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:And here I don't want to visit it! [New England] It just feels too crowded to me.

New England it NOT crowded. Just stay out from the cities, it's quintessential small town America.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:20 pm

hats kind of the impression I have gotten over the years- and lots of trees and hilly bits. Even look like the sort of place tha might get regular rain and drizzle, perfect! Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:04 pm

That place is starting to sound suspiciously like somewhere else. (Scotland.) Suspect

While actually being England (New).. how weird.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Thats because the English have always wanted some proper countryside and dont have any- they only have the decently hilly northern bit because they sneakily moved the border further north so they had some decent scenery to look at and a respectable amount of rain Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:26 pm

I dont find anything surprising anymore, Re: other countries & their terrain etc. If the planet more or less only had one huge landspace, broke up & drifted apart, its no wonder some segments look very much like 'home'. Scientists have found the same rock material in one country that is identifiable in another country MILES away, Its the same with trees & I think its trees that 'do it' for me. They are so readily recognizable. one ( or more ) species will grow happily in ANY country. Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Thankfully the Baobabs have some international boundaries that they don't cross over usually.
Bloody baobabs...

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:19 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:hats kind of the impression I have gotten over the years- and lots of trees and hilly bits. Even look like the sort of place tha might get regular rain and drizzle, perfect! Nod

The East Coast (or at least the Northeast) is pretty similar to England in terms of vegetation too, AFAIK. It's just that so much of it has become massively urbanized that it's not always easy to get a read on the local environment.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Some pictures from around Oslo.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 GLgDOLhmj76aMXcy9XpoAQjUz0RA2Bb6rPfllph3Boqw
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 FBK3yg44WmTsFXNsqMuZ6QnPTVmZY-ZYcBsBd38arcOA
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 4xjLxdvkhoarWy7cjI2EyQKjjqUwRrHs1ZxepWYdInGg
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 HbGVur6UiJQUQHaGfjYMsgaQ5BA6tAv20IxzNn7SVKBQ
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 _wfa8dN43jiGQfr8TtFaHQmvGUqNyML7illU3MX92XxA
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 UV9oCZxp4NgMYx_bS9eL-gxhLATgvy9aEEO8GnZJpB_Q
http://artikkel.ut.no/ut/hvorfor-er-oslomarka-sa-hoyt-elsket_-1.12022667

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:39 pm

very nice indeed Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:45 am

Lovely ! Very Happy The colour's look Autumnal to

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:48 pm

Outskirts of Mirkwod maybe?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 IMG_6538_zps65fbluuw
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:53 pm

#isthatPeruLance?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:54 pm

#noitsecuadorfiggy
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:19 am

I'm sure the light and vegetation are all wrong to discerning Old World eyes like those of Petty, but that definitely looks Mirkwoody to me. Nod

NB Was the camera tilted, or what makes the trees lean like that? I've seen leaning trees in Alaska where the snow had warped them, but I can't imagine that was the case in Ecuador, since there wouldn't be that many trees if you were far enough up in the mountains to get snow at that latitude.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:53 am

Lancebloke wrote:Outskirts of Mirkwod maybe?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 32 IMG_6538_zps65fbluuw

Yeah, does look quite Mirkwoody. Looks great anyway. Nod So, what were you doing at the edge of irkwood? As far as I remember ther is little there but Beorn, and he's not necessarily very firendly to visitors.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:58 am

Eldorion wrote:I'm sure the light and vegetation are all wrong to discerning Old World eyes like those of Petty, but that definitely looks Mirkwoody to me. Nod

NB Was the camera tilted, or what makes the trees lean like that?  I've seen leaning trees in Alaska where the snow had warped them, but I can't imagine that was the case in Ecuador, since there wouldn't be that many trees if you were far enough up in the mountains to get snow at that latitude.

They do talk of some proper winters in the Shire, like the Long Winter. But I guess they probably didn't get it consistently.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:34 pm

The trees are leaning over to see what Jackson's doing next pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:12 pm

I'm sure the light and vegetation are all wrong to discerning Old World eyes like those of Petty- Eldo

And you would be right too! Nod Trees are too thin and whilst twisted they twist differently, and they are the wrong colour, and most of the undergrowth wouldn't pass either. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:59 pm

It reminds me of the Withywindle
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next