halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:23 pm

It does sort of; the trees look sort of drunk, and it all could be the Old Forest too. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:29 pm

There wound lazily a dark river of brown water, bordered with ancient willows, arched over with willows, blocked with fallen willows, and flecked with thousands of faded willow-leaves. The air was thick with them, fluttering yellow from the branches; for there was a warm and gentle breeze blowing softly in the valley, and the reeds were rustling, and the willow-boughs were creaking.
'Well, now I have at least some notion of where we are!' said Merry. 'We have come almost in the opposite direction to which we intended. This is the River Withywindle!' (FotR, The Old Forest)

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Eldorion wrote:I'm sure the light and vegetation are all wrong to discerning Old World eyes like those of Petty, but that definitely looks Mirkwoody to me. Nod

NB Was the camera tilted, or what makes the trees lean like that?  I've seen leaning trees in Alaska where the snow had warped them, but I can't imagine that was the case in Ecuador, since there wouldn't be that many trees if you were far enough up in the mountains to get snow at that latitude.

Wind! There are little patches of this forest against the sides of the mountains where it is calm enough to survive but windy enough to make them bough.

I thought the whole area was pretty funky... not quite Mirkwood hence the 'outskirts' reference. Think it would make a nice ME location though.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Lancebloke wrote:Outskirts of Mirkwod maybe?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 IMG_6538_zps65fbluuw

Yeah, does look quite Mirkwoody. Looks great anyway. Nod So, what were you doing at the edge of irkwood? As far as I remember ther is little there but Beorn, and he's not necessarily very firendly to visitors.

Was just doing a little trek. Easing in to the altitude before we do some more challenging hikes. Moving to a place called Huarez tomorrow and have a big hike in a few days... over 4000m so will be puffing.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:08 pm

4000m, Im out of puff just thinking about it- are their chair lifts?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Ah, yes. I remember seeing Michael Palin travelling through those parts. Do they give you coca tea for the altitude or is that just in Bolivia?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Nope... only legs and 6 hours of walking. I have the Lares Valley and Machu Picchu soon. Need to get used to it.

Blue - yes, you can get cocao tea or leaves to chew on to help here too. Will be at altitude in Bolivia too but should be more acclimatised by then.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Ah, chewing coca leaves. I remember Stephen Maturin getting addicted to that in the Patrick O'Brian books, becoming Europes probably first, if fictional, cocain addict. Razz

All sounds great fun, Lance. Nod  Always been fascinated by that area and the Inca culture and so on.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:43 am

Went to some temples and cities that pre date the Inca today. Was very interesting and some parts remarkably well preserved after 1500 odd years.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:47 am

That sounds excellent Lance- did you get some pictures- would love to see them.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:31 am

Coca tea is very helpful - I never felt the least bit of altitude sickness on the inca trail.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Petty - I am keeping a blog on my website www.lancebloke.com

I will be updating it again tomorrow which will include some fantastic mountain scenery as well as lots of temples!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks Lance- Ive bookmarked that Thumbs Up

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Puget sound outside Seattle.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Image

It's from an article about pollution of said sound, but still.. very pretty. Nod
http://www.watoxics.org/publications/puget-sound-down-the-drain-1

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Petty - I am keeping a blog on my website www.lancebloke.com

I will be updating it again tomorrow which will include some fantastic mountain scenery as well as lots of temples!

Um, that "swing at the edge of the world", do you tie in or they just expect if a kid can hang on an adult can? (great concept).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:20 pm

There is a little rope that goes across the front too. Not hard to slip out if you aren't paying attention though.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:33 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Blue-fairy-full-moonbb

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:56 am

Reminds me of the fat Goblin King.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Xiaodi-jin-xiao

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:30 pm

yeah it does Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:28 pm

I like that last one chris Thumbs Up

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:51 pm

I've never seen Rankin/Bass Hobbit fanart before. Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 1459323_785284371487947_916729967_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:24 am

I like the Goblin pic as well ! Very Happy Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 am

The Pinnacles, Western Australia.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 FB

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 am

It looks very Sci-Fi but, to me it feels very peaceful, and old, as tho this is where Time began.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next