halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by azriel Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Yeah I do like them ! very tum tingly ! The last one looks sorta vampyric  Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Yup, those are cracking finds Semirams.  Thumbs Up All of them.

That last one evokes a video game image in my mind, Journey, I think its the splash of colour against a muted backdrop.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:48 pm

azriel wrote:The last one looks sorta vampyric Very Happy

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that as well and - I don't know why - of the Chandrian (Patrick Rothfuss)
Haliax, Lanre....

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:14 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 IMG_9842

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:16 pm

Semiramis wrote:Don't mean to interrupt your ahem... conversation but I found some beautiful pictures while listening to the soundtrack of "Colin Frake on Fire Mountain" Wink

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 125091

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 8hnqx7uouj_wallpaper_1687477

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Fantasy__040025_

No idea what this is, but it looks AMAZING:

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 The_high_queen_by_chriscold-d4zub1s_870548153

I particularly love the first two they are very atmospheric  Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 pm

[quote="Mrs Figg"]
Semiramis wrote:

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Fantasy__040025_

That doesn't seem Tolkienian at all to me, but stunning none the less, actually that's very close to some of what I was picturing whilst reading Larry Niven's Ringworld.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 3b017612aaa976b0e1e36758905fa344-d5cn3tt

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:13 am

Awh, the cute little baby werewolf on its first killing spree

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Some atumn pictures.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-mountain-peak-foliage-colors-West-Virginia
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-in-Baldwin-Colorado-horses-and-fall-foilage
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Fall-colors-of-Conway-Summit-a-mountain-pass-in-Mono-County-California
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Ghostly-fall-foliage-autumn-in-Kentucky
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-in-North-Carolina-Graveyard-Fields-from-Blue-Ridge-Parkway
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-in-Oklahoma-at-Beavers-Bend-State-Park
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-at-Bushkill-Falls-the-Niagara-of-Pennsylvania
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-in-Tennessee-Fall-Creek-Great-Smoky-Mountains
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-in-Utah-Fall-colors-from-Empire-Pass-above-the-Deer-Valley-Resort-in-Park-City
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Autumn-in-Virginia-Two-whitetail-does-grazing-in-a-colorful-autumn-scene-along-Skyline-Drive-Virginia

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Wow, beautiful pictures Shocked Where are they taken, do you know?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Stunning.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:10 pm

I was looking for a new autumn related desktop background thingy, and ended up using the 6th one. Wink

They're all from different American states, and came from this, which has one picture for each of the 48 contiguous states. Collected here:

http://www.lovethesepics.com/2013/10/american-the-beautiful-in-autumn-peak-fall-foliage-dates-for-48-states-50-pics/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:13 pm

gorgeous. I love the waterfall one, it reminds me of Rivendell. Very Happy Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Ah, yes. With the platform. Very Happy Didn't think of that.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:29 pm

I have always wanted to visit New England in the Autumn, its the only part of America I have a real genuine urge to see for some reason.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:38 pm

And here I don't want to visit it! It just feels too crowded to me.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:41 pm

Is it? I have no idea- I am largely going off images of New England I have seen and a vague sense of nostalgic history.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Hm, they seem to have left out New England for some reason. scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:54 pm

I would have thought with your love of nature that there would be plenty of places you'd like to see in the US - I've got a whole list of places by the west coast alone. It's such a beautiful country, with sights that would take anyone's breath away. And then there's South America.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 pm

I would like to see S America more, but only if they work out how to turn the heating down a bit Mad
For some reason a lot of America doesnt appeal to me- too big and flat and empty, to many bits that just seem to be made of dust.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:36 pm

How is this flat and empty?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Img_0026

My poor camera didn't do the view justice, but standing up there and taking in that view was breath-taking. Not flat and not empty - absolutely stunning is what it is! Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Is that another one of yours? Very Happy

I would say it's empty in the sense of untouched.

Empty.. big.. and very new.. Which makes it seem a bit daunting, really.

Stunning though, as you said.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Ah, you edited while I was writing

Stunning picture anyway. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:20 pm

I like this sort of thing...

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 31 Faeriefalls_zps0a979d15

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Like a hermit's cave! The entrance carved of stone that has long ago grown over with moss and bluebells among the ferns.

Or perhaps something more elven.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next