Orwell
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 25 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Norc Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 am

http://www.ehow.com/how_1163_boil-egg.html
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 25 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 am

ha ha nice try.

has your computer ever done something to make you want to pound it into dust with your fists? well thats how I feel when I try to cook something. I cant do the timing thing, it all goes wrong. and then I want to throw things through the window. you know pans, pots, stoves, that kind of thing. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 am

I cant imagine, you, losing your temper Mrs Figg. Laughing

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:19 am

Suspect Butter wouldnt melt..

oh wait... it really wouldnt.. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 am

Oh cooking ain't that hard. You just watch the stuff until it looks done, then you pull it off. If you try to time it you're lost.

I had a room mate once who would always do the same thing: put on a pot of rice, then go off in his room to fiddle around on something. Burned through a half dozen pans until I nearly nailed his feet to the floor to keep him in place. Then had to keep him from reading and cooking at the same time. it's all about watching it like somebody else's little boy you don't trust.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:53 am

I can't cook.
I tried to make Tomato soup last week and forgot to turn the stove off.
Ruined that pot. Razz

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 am

Orwell:- its easy to grow fish, 1st get hold of a live one,squeeze the pips out of it, doddle. And dont under estimate a boiled egg! crafty buggers! Ive yet to get one where the white is cooked enough not to resemble some old mans spit, or they end up so hard you can play all England cricket with them. Funny how, all over the world, weve all got at least one thing in common...destroying our digestive system, annihilating the kitchen, whilst building up a gastric immunity due to own ineptitude of doing something as basic & needed! Thankgod for the microwave! Il nuke anything.

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 25 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 25 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm

yiu can't even cook tomato soup?! btw, not turning the stove off sounds risky.. I mean, don't bither about the pot, you could've burnt your house down :S

I am relaly good at cooking. I can make scrambled eggs. grilled stuff.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm

I think being good at maths, music and cooking all goes together. It all needs an analytical brain. good at calculating stuff. I am crap at all those things, my brain is too scattery flim flammy. I cant remember numbers in my head, even my telephone number, they all just slide about and disappear. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:32 pm

you don need an analytic or calculating brain to do music though Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm trying a spaghetti alla carbonara tonight!!

Verdict to follow!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm not that good at math, (and I'm a fire hazard lol! ) but I'm alright at music.
I can play the harmonica.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:02 am

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 25 103_1312
This elf of mine is a chef and can cook anything. sigh
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:56 pm

what's he cooking in the picture?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I think being good at maths, music and cooking all goes together. It all needs an analytical brain. good at calculating stuff. I am crap at all those things, my brain is too scattery flim flammy. I cant remember numbers in my head, even my telephone number, they all just slide about and disappear. Suspect

That's why you gotta stand there and watch it until it looks done. No calculating involved.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Unless you have an electric stove, them things are useless.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:45 pm

use gingerbread lotion & now you smell like a gingerbread man the van gogh has sold out I may go 2 the cyfford still museum next door or the Kirkland museum up the street instead

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm

exuse me, electric stoves are better for thhe environment!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:47 pm

halfwise wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:I think being good at maths, music and cooking all goes together. It all needs an analytical brain. good at calculating stuff. I am crap at all those things, my brain is too scattery flim flammy. I cant remember numbers in my head, even my telephone number, they all just slide about and disappear. Suspect

That's why you gotta stand there and watch it until it looks done. No calculating involved.

how can you look at an egg and tell if it's cooked?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I think he is opening something that is for cooking. He is awesome. He's also the kinest persin in the world.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:26 pm

oops time to go to bed. Sleep
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm

oops time to go to bed. Sleep -leelee

That gives me the impression youve just released its nearly midnight and your carriage is about to turn into a pumpkin.

Or that you just passed out in a buckie haze. Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Leelee's Elf would have made a far more realistic looking Legolas , not at all Girly looking like Orlando Bloom. So Petty ,your saying Leelee is having the Cinderella Effect . Watch out for that Glass Slipper
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Norc wrote:
halfwise wrote:

how can you look at an egg and tell if it's cooked?

If you boil an egg that may be difficult, but if you do it right you have a lot of latitude. Start with cold water, bring up to a simmer, shut it off and wait between 6 and 10 minutes. Check out my favorite online chef, Fabio Viviani, who makes everything entertaining:

http://screen.yahoo.com/women/chow-ciao

Even as a guy I have to admit he's quite adorable.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 pm

So Halfy will we be seeing you soon on master Chef with Petty's long lost cousin Gordon Ramsey
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next