Orwell
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 10 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:49 am

Tinuviel wrote:P.S. so the musical I was writing? the Teacher supervising decided to change our villan's character. Instead of a slutty sorceress, she's Charlie (the time traveller) daughter. It's become a play about Daddy issues, and I keep trying to get the rest of my peers to stand and fight for it with me, but everyone is laying down their swords and giving in. Do I try one last time to plead my case (though completely on my own in my crusade) or do I bite the bullet and try to re-write a perfectly usable script?

I'd always stay strong when it comes to defending a slutty sorcerous over a girl with Daddy issues! Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 10 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:52 am

I'll look forward to it. Laughing

Edit: to the new story, I mean, not you trying to score with a slutty sorceress.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

defend a slutty sorcerous, Eldo - defend!

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Of course. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Tin hold out as best you can-but dont forget the old Scotshobbit sayings either- 'Dont get in a drinking contest with a brewery.'
And 'even a shandy is better than no buckie at all.'
Wise words. Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Blimey I'm knackered, being an outbreakof PJ-Apologism in Bree, worse than an out of control sporran fire over there. Mad
I'm parched! I really wish I wasn't serving my mandatory service as one of Her Majesty's Protectors of Purism, she kept that hidden in the smallprint. Mad
Buckie please, lots and lots of buckie!! drunken

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 am

lightweight! Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 10 1748877895youre not going to let a mere Sassanach beat you surely? Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 am

lol! I'd forgotten how lively Bree can be! Very Happy
I only wandered over because it was kinda dead here.

Here's a tip Petty: keep me distracted over here and you may not find yourself fighting a campaign on two fronts next time. Nod
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:18 am

It's always quiet here nowadays...its like the summer of 09 all over again :'(

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 am

The past day or two have been quiet but actually we averaged over 120 posts per day in the past two months which is the most active we've ever been. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:30 am

AWESOME!!! and that is actually thanks to other shows and topics and stuff than The Hobbit.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Halfwise teezes me with talk of Oxford stories and then he talks spaceman gobbldegook with Norc, its not fair. Sad They keep talking about accelerating energetic ferrets. That are unknown. Shocked weird.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Wave your eels at him, thats bound to attract his scientific attention. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:40 pm

An energetic unknown eel? eel = the power of v +èàò 5 lc---ùùbah humbug = timey wimey. see I know physics too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 am

Okay! Okay!

Actually the better story was Cambridge. Do that first then come back to Oxford.

So I was staying in the Y in Cambridge thinking to save me some buckey money. Surrounded by precious young things. I go to bed a bit after 10, and around 11 the fire alarm goes off. So I go traipsing downstairs in my boxer shorts to find myself surrounded by the whole cavalcade of fully dressed precious young things. the fire department arrives (also looking young and precious) and troop upstairs. A few minutes later they come trooping back and informed us that someone was smoking in their room and set off the fire alarm. We all push our way back up stairs and I go back to bed.

About an hour later the fire alarm goes off again. Older and wiser now, I throw on some clothes and troop back down to be surrounded once more by p.y.t.s and the p.y. firemen come trooping up and down again and inform us that once again someone had been smoking in their room. I traipse back up to bed thinking they weren't looking quite so precious to me anymore.

Around 3 am the alarm goes off again, putting me into an absolute purple rage. The precious young things at least had the courtesy (about half of them) to be in bed clothes this time around, but I'd had enough. I swore not to spend another night in their besotted company. I was gonna go take things into my own hands by god!

So as the sun started creeping down I rummaged through the local pound store and purchased a plastic table cloth, and went marching out of town to find me some good hedgerows to sleep in. It was quite a long march since the houses seemed to line the road pretty dense for a ways. Finally found some beautiful school yard surrounded by a garden, and bedded down beneath a holly tree.

I didn't count on the sharp drop of temperature, and round 1 am was shivering. The plastic tablecloth wasn't up to snuff. So I traipsed back down the road to an all night petrol station, and bought a newspaper. Fortunately the Queen Mum had obligingly kicked off that day, and the newspaper was about twice as thick as usual with tribute material. Wrapped myself in newspaper and plastic and had a fine night of it.

The next morning as I walked back past the petrol station I saw on the other side of the sign it said 'buy 6 liters of oil, get a free sleeping bag' and there was a stack of sleeping bags stacked against the back wall. I left Cambridge for Oxford.

Took 3 busses to reach Oxford. Was only supposed to take one, but they kept breaking down. When I got to the Youth Hostel there I had my first experience with a unisex bathroom. I don't mean you wait at the door until one sex comes out and you go in, I mean you are busily peeing in the urinal when the toilet door swings open and to your vast surprise a young woman comes plodding right past you. It's like an extended ersatz marriage.

anyway, there's a queer octagonal church there, and free tours of oxford left there every few hours. I talked to the very nice priest there and he told me about the tour and when the next one left. I had to catch the next one because I was leaving that night.

So I go wandering about (I think this was when I had a drink at the bird and baby) and get back a few minutes before it was to leave to find the place empty except for the priest. I went up and asked him about the tour, and the whole story is memorable for his reaction. He clasped his hands together in sudden emotion and said "Oh my dear man!" and explained there was daylight savings time last night, so I'd missed the tour by an hour.

But that memory of that old priest slapping his hands together and exclaiming "Oh my dear man!" will stay with me forever.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm

and to think if you had taken ear plugs you would have missed all that? Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:36 am

AAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh I have drunk too much coffee and now my bladder hurts. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 am

You should switch to buckie Mrs Figg- it doesnt stay inside long enough to hurt. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 am

is it acid or alkaline? cos I need alkaline or even alky. Very Happy an acid bladder is a terrible thing. Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 10 2276801876
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:54 am

Its buckie Mrs Figg- it says tonic on the bottle- and its 109% proof- I dont ask any more questions. drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 pm

It probably pickles the bladder. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:57 pm

I wouldnt worry about that, Im not convinced it even touches the sides Mrs Figg.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Ally wrote:"im quite popular on the internet, lots of stuff happening" i whispered to my cat. My cat doesnt respond because my cat doesnt exist. there is no cat and i am alone.

Stumbled across this at the top of the list. One of the most evocative things I've read. You've got such a beautifully enigmatic mind, Ally.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:49 am

I think we hould gather up Ally's thoughts and put them on their own thread- something like Wisey's poetry thread- presented in such a context I feel their artistry can be more appreciated. And of course we would require new ones to add all the time.Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:29 am

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 10 800892966 Ally
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next