Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 38 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:21 pm

"Halo: The Master Chief Collection" - Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 38 Drool_y. Definitely buying the xbox one now Very Happy

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 38 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Ringo - from what I read the jazzed up version is no better than the 360 titles. Not sure it is worth it for that!

Need to do a full E3 investigation to see what else came up. I am looking forward to the PS4 version of 'the last of us' as didn't play the original.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:05 pm

It's worth it for Halo 2 alone Very Happy And the multiplayer modes from all games are combined, which will be fun for years Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:52 am

FIFA 15 looks stunning. The work they have done on crowd detail is amazing, much as it pains me to praise anything from EA!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:10 am

Some more E3 that has caught my eye- No Man's Sky is looking very good now-

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:55 am

I was listening to this and thought the song sounded nice. Lots of spoilers though for Bioshock Infinite

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:55 pm

In case you missed it, petty (and others who might be interested) - the PC version of GTA V was announced at E3:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-gta-v-coming-to-ps4.

I'm re-buying it when I get the xbox one as my 360 died a while ago Mad ( Sad )

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:02 pm

Getting a page missing message when I try the link- but good news indeed. It got a release date yet?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Weird about the page - "Rockstar's 2013 hit, Grand Theft Auto 5, is coming to PS4 this fall. It is also coming to Xbox One and PC, either at the same time or likely shortly thereafter."

Now I'm just hoping for a re-make of or sequel to Red Dead Redemption Very Happy

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:16 pm

If they do make a Red Dead sequel it better bloody well be on pc too this time  Evil or Very Mad 

Sooner than I expected for GTA5, good!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:27 am

I'm currently playing Bioshock Infinite!
The link or video there is just blank page-fill though for me.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:53 am

I am trying to finish Xenonauts now that it is released. Haven't had any bugs since I started my last play through. Have a nice, super advanced squad all named after family! I died last night though.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:04 am

Hopefully this link works then.

EDIT. Still nothing

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Fixed it for you RA. For some reason the forum doesnt like the htpps format and you have to remove the s from the address.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:50 pm

I've been playing Two Towers, Gamecube version, on the gamecube emulator Dolphin (highly recommended, very simple to use, good availability of games, and easy to get working with a pad).

Either its harder than I remember or Ive got worse at games  Suspect 

I kept dying fighting the troll in Moria (and yes I did waste some time fruitlessly searching for the FotR game before remembering they didn't actually make one they just put it in the TT game) but what was really annoying about it was the game design, the fight is in sections, you do so much damage, leap up on to the side bit in Balins Tomb where Legolas goes in the film, and you have to avoid the troll's chain whilst doing more damage to get the camera to switch again.

What's making me crabbit is the first parts are painfully easy, and the last part not so easy- but to replay the last part when you die, you have to go back and redo the easy, but take time, quite a lot of time, parts, just to get back to where you were before, then if you die again, its back to the start to do it all again!  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Sounds like video games!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:19 pm

I liked that video.
"1..2...1,2, Infinite!"

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose23 Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:27 am

1. Guild Wars (released in 2005) - This one has some really top notch graphics.
2. Grand Theft Auto IV - Pretty violent. Was a tough call to make between the III and IV.
3. Left 4 Dead - The zombies which you have to obliterate in order to survive look cool.
4. System Shock 2 - Along with other players, you are put on board a ship in the year 2114 with one dangerous goal: stop a genetic infection that has taken over the ship. No clue why or how, but sometimes people consider this to be a 'horror game'.
Rose23
Rose23
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:39 am

Welcome to Forumshire Rose23.

Good choices (Though Ive not played Guild Wars so cant comment on it)- I think its the atmosphere of System Shock that makes it a survival horror game. Been a long time since I played it- I did try replaying it about a year ago, but found the lowres graphics blown up to 1080p on my monitor made me motion sick No so I never got to find out if its as good as I remember it being or not.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:53 am

*cough*showing-off your monitor resolution*cough*

On another note, I am trying out Faster Than Light. It's a space-game thingummy with rogue-like elements and a Federation Vs. Rebels theme. With random events and such.
Reminds me of Roll-to-Dodge really. I found a powered-down spacecraft and got close to investigate: as it turned out, the entire crew had become crazed cannibals once their food stores ran low and invaded my ship, ate my crew, and destroyed my systems.
It's rather frustrating.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:48 am

1080p is just standard tv resolution now, now if I had a full on pcmonitor capable of 4k res images- that would be worth shouting about!

I like FTL but it is both unfair and very harsh, but that is kind of its charm

Every game is different because every event is basically a random encounter roll.
The down side to this is its possible to get to the last level and simply not have encountered enough, or had the opportunity to buy enough to stand a chance against the enemy flagship.

And even if you do get to the end with a fully kitted out and powered up ship you will need a large slice of luck to your strategy to beat it (I've yet to defeat the big bugger, got close, once)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:40 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
And even if you do get to the end with a fully kitted out and powered up ship you will need a large slice of luck to your strategy to beat it (I've yet to defeat the big bugger, got close, once)
heheh, do I detect an Ender's Game reference there Petty?
Anyway, yes I do find it quite unfair. Dwarf Fortress is faaar more forgiving. (Although you do eventually die in that as well. No matter what.)

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:15 am

I've been playing Lord so Midnight by the great Mike Singleton- GOG have re-released it with hi-def redoes of the graphics and now the world scrolls by as you move rather than redraws.

If you've never heard of it its an old game, I had it on the zx spectrum, and its basically Skyrim, only with more complexity in that you control more than one person and you can command armies later on. Its a blend of rpg and strategy with a massive dose of world exploration and it has a deep and complex story line you directly affect and create..

That it was originally crammed into a 48k spectrum is nothing short of mind-blowing.

But you will have to invest in it to get the most of it, you even have a novella to read before you start to help immerse you in the characters and set up leading up to the point the game begins. Worth it though- one of the true greats of gaming and of the rpg genre if you are willing to make the effort.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:57 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:1080p is just standard tv resolution now, now if I had a full on pcmonitor capable of 4k res images- that would be worth shouting about!

I like FTL but it is both unfair and very harsh, but that is kind of its charm

Every game is different because every event is basically a random encounter roll.
The down side to this is its possible to get to the last level and simply not have encountered enough, or had the opportunity to buy enough to stand a chance against the enemy flagship.

I've been playing FLT non-stop since I bought it on sale and still have yet to beat the flagship.  Razz  I named my first ship the Eternal Flame and her crew went far. I had a drone system and a cloaking with stealth weapons. Sadly the drones on the flagship made short work of all my efforts. My weapons were too weak. The burst laser II didn't cut it.

I made the second ship, the Temporal Flame, in answer to it. This ship had teeth. I was able to deck out the Kestrel with a hull laser and a more powerful laser along with the standard missile launcher. I even had a drone system too. Unfortunately their super shield destroyed the hull in one go. The game is so much fun though  Very Happy 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:02 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Fixed it for you RA. For some reason the forum doesnt like the htpps format and you have to remove the s from the address.

Thanks Petty  Smile 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next