Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 37 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 07, 2014 2:00 am

Thats how to do it ME3  Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 37 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu May 08, 2014 11:43 pm

Quick update:
For anyone interested I found a suitable-looking icon-template-visual-thing mod for Dwarf Fortress. It helps keep the ASCII from abusing my eyeballs too heavily.

On another note, has anyone tried out the new Dark Souls II?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 09, 2014 12:37 am

My mate Nagual is a big fan of the first one, he was talking about getting the second one but havent spoken to him for a few days.
Its on my list of games Id like to try.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 09, 2014 5:21 pm

The potential of this is staggering-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 09, 2014 11:38 pm

Want a free indepth space combat sim based off pne of the pc's greatest space combat sims ever merged with a popular scifi franchise?

Then today is your lucky day- Battlestar Galatica: Diaspora.

Using the Freespace 2 game as the basis, but entirely standalone-

You can download it from their website here-

http://diaspora.hard-light.net/

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat May 10, 2014 10:46 am

Hey the Racnoss christmas star!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed May 14, 2014 2:25 am

Microsoft just dropped the price of the Xbox One to $400 for its Kinect-free version!  cheers  I may be able to justify purchasing one eventually for Halo.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 14, 2014 4:04 am

So the same price as the ps4 then? Microsoft so far have not been publishing their sales for xbxone whilst playstation have been crowing about theirs- I wonder if this decision might have something to do with that.  Suspect 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed May 14, 2014 6:36 am

Undoubtedly.  Very Happy  I hope they revel in the Kinect's absolute failure and how they attempted to force it onto everyone. The fact that they now turn 180 on it ( Smile ) only makes it better in my opinion.

It's funny how a year ago when the Xbox One was announced, Microsoft came through like a hurricane with these horribly anti-consumer business decisions and thought that the whole world would just lie down and take it; now they're desperately back-tracking on every decision they've made since to try and entice everyone they angered. How the mighty have fallen  cheers . Microsoft isn't reporting sales figures to customers, just the figures they've shipped to the stores, I think.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed May 14, 2014 8:45 am

This is great news! I've hated this Kinect thing since the moment they started forcing it on us. Now I just have to wait for the bloody thing to be released in Norway Mad

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 37 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed May 14, 2014 9:26 am

I think I may have finally cracked Xenonauts... although on novice difficulty. Hard to keep the funding coming in and managing research/troops/manufacturing so that you are not overwhelmed when the big ships and tough aliens start coming in.

Let's hops my latest strategy pays off!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 14, 2014 10:48 am

I really need to get the latest version of that Lance. Last one I played of it was very much still a WIP.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed May 14, 2014 12:15 pm

I think they are very close to release. Still a few bugs in the game but they are at polishing stage now rather than developing anything new.

I have tried to avoid spoilers so no idea what some of the final technology is or what the end game is yet. Hopefully will get there.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:Undoubtedly.  Very Happy  I hope they revel in the Kinect's absolute failure and how they attempted to force it onto everyone. The fact that they now turn 180 on it ( Smile ) only makes it better in my opinion.

It's funny how a year ago when the Xbox One was announced, Microsoft came through like a hurricane with these horribly anti-consumer business decisions and thought that the whole world would just lie down and take it; now they're desperately back-tracking on every decision they've made since to try and entice everyone they angered. How the mighty have fallen  cheers . Microsoft isn't reporting sales figures to customers, just the figures they've shipped to the stores, I think.

Its really too bad that they couldn't make the Xbox One the same price as the PS4 with the Kinect. While I don't love the Kinect, part of why it is underutilized and buggy, at least with the 360, is because devs couldn't be sure everyone would have a Kinect, so features of it couldn't be in the forefront unless it was a Kinect-only game. The way they were doing it with the One made sure that everyone had a Kinect and devs could utilize it to the best of their abilities. While I'm happy that they were able to cut the price down to match PS4, I just wish they could've done it and kept the Kinect with every system.

Also, as I have said before, the features originally announced for the xbox one were WAY better than what we have now, and would have been awesome had they been implemented, Microsoft just did a bad job at PR. They only talked about the negatives, which are what stuck in everyones mind, without highlighting the IMMENSE positives. They were essentially trying to make a model similar to Steam. While yes, some of the negatives to the original system were kind of quirky, and there could have been a better way to implement them, the were not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

I will guarantee you this though, almost all of those features will be back by the end of this console gen, I mean every Xbone ships with the ability to have those features, its just that they have been 'updated' out. I'd bet that MS will wait until people are more ready for the change, implement the features one or two at a time rather than all at once, and do a MUCH better job at marketing them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he PS4 went a very similar route either

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu May 15, 2014 7:42 am

So far, I think both consoles have been a bit flat, mainly because of a lack of great games. I have a PS4 and am waiting for 3 games that I am hoping will sort that out. Launches these days seem to go with the tried and tested 'blockbuster' games rather than risking anything groundbreaking.

There is only so much battlefield 4 I can take (mainly because I don't really like it much... more of a tactical shooter person than run n gun rubbish).
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Elite Dangerous has entered Alpha 4 with the Commodities Markets added, extra ships, supercruise (for covering the vast distances quicker between stuff), and 5 systems to hop between and so they can test the dynamic markets out.

Some of the sights in one of the available systems Eranin-

Entering the Rings of Asellus 3 (still a few little graphical glitches here and there, but then they have to render what looks like hundreds of thousands of rocks!)

And although at this stage of testing there are only 5 systems accessible the final game will be considerably larger, here's the map screen to blow your mind with the games scale and ambition (its not called the Galaxy Map for nothing!)-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri May 23, 2014 4:11 am

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:11 am

A funny Smash bros parody with Valve characters instead.  Razz 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:59 am

Xenonauts is now in 'release candidate' phase which means they have officially stopped any new development and are polishing out bugs.

Looks like it will be released within the next month or 2. Hopefully they will get some good reviews and people will buy it.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:23 pm

There is a Fallout fan tv series I had no idea existed. Ive watched the first film they did and its very entertaining with a good sense of humour about it.

It started with a short fan film-

Fallout: Nuka Break

Here's episode one of the series-

And they are currently fund raising on Kickstarter for series 2.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:36 am

I'm not really into video games, used to love computer games, but haven't played one in a while. I just downloaded the new(ish) Telltale Game "The Wolf Among Us" and it's really great! It's an interactive game that moves forward based off of the decisions you make. And it's like watching a TV show; you never know what's going to happen next!

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 37 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:49 am

Nice! I enjoyed watching videos of others playing that game, but haven't tried it out yet myself.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:13 am

Made a mistake on the Fallout tv series- series 2 is already made and on youtube as well.

I highly recommend them- even if you've never played the game- captures the games world, its humour and its setting exceptionally well and both series added together tell a pretty good tale running together at about 2 hours long- I binged watched them I was enjoying them so much.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:35 pm

After all the disappointments of almost every alien game ever made I actually have high hopes for Alien Isolation, this helped- 16 IGN employs play the opening section, in the dark.
Obviously it will contain some spoilers for some of the scare moments in the opening section of the game, but as, once the alien turns up what happens next regards it is different for everyone depending on how they try to avoid it, its only spoilery to a point-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:37 pm

I have been keeping my eye on that one. No running and gunning... proper survival horror.

Was looking at something a while back which said the developers often had to go back through the code to work out why the alien behaved like it did sometimes. Even they were getting surprised by the strategies it would use to hunt you.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next