Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 39 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by RA Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am

I also picked up Freespace 2. I'm going to be playing that as well when I get the chance.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 39 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:14 am

Great game- needs a bit of dedication (and a good memory for all the keyboard controls!) but its worth it.

And once you've finished it (which will take a while) I recommend Battlestar Diaspora- a fan made Battlestar game using the freespace 2 engine, its freeware and stand alone- so you dont need freespace 2 to play it-

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Some very appetising dlc for alien isoation has been announced-

'Actress Sigourney Weaver has returned to voice the iconic movie babe for a download-only portion of the upcoming game Alien: Isolation.
She has already recorded a host of lines to bring the action hero to life for the first time in 35 years.
Sigourney decided to reprise her role alongside fellow actors from the original 1979 Ridley Scott film.
Cast members Tom Skerritt (Dallas), Veronica Cartwright (Lambert), Harry Dean Stanton (Brett) and Yaphet Kotto (Parker) are set to feature in two downloadable bonus missions, which allow you to relive two classic scenes from the movie.

Players can choose to play as one of three surviving crew members, only moments after Brett’s death at the jaws of the famous black extra-terrestrial creature.
As Ellen Ripley, Dallas or Parker, players can explore the spaceship Nostromo from habitation deck down through engineering, coordinating their efforts with Lambert and Ash to lure the Alien into the ship’s airlock.
In addition, consumers who pre-order at select retailers will also receive “Last Survivor”, in which players pick up the story as Ripley tries to escape on the Narcissus.
On hearing the screams of Lambert and Parker, players must navigate their way back down through the Nostromo in order to activate the self-destruct sequence, before retracing their steps back to the Narcissus shuttle and their escape.' - Daily Star (which explains the description of Ripley as 'iconic movie babe'!)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 am

The latest build of FFED3DAJ (the Elite-Frontier space game I keep banging on about) is on the way- and boy have they come up with the goods- I was already impressed at the work the main coder AndyJ had put into this but the latest stuff is just, wow.

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 39 Screen_140708_232019_zpsce95b6d2

Coding by AndyJ, atmospheric shaders by Alex Peterson and new surface textures by Nanite2000, cant wait to go flying down to planets when it released and through that atmosphere! Great work folks.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Progress! The game is finally approaching an early-access version (as horribly lazy early access can be, of course). Still, the developers seem to be up front about it all.

Clockwork Empires

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:30 pm

New sun dynamics for Elite: Dangerous (timelapsed), solar flares and stuff, looks excellent (not to mention bloody dangerous  Shocked  ) -

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Anyone else got clash of clans on their mobile? Been using it to keep me entertained on the train.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:40 am

No I haven't tried it, been playing Pokemon Yellow on my phone. Although I'm kind of stuck, because I need to do a lot more leveling up before I can beat the Elite 4. My team is almost all at level 50, but the dragon pokemon trainer is a pain in the ass, and Charizard is not as strong as I remember. Suspect

Plus I can't evolve Pikachu. Fuck! :facepalm:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 am

Bungo... I remember those days. Although I can't remember if I beat the elite 4 now.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Going for it... just starting the beta of destiny.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:56 pm

And Clockwork Empires is now downloading on my laptop! It is an early access, so the bugs are in place and it runs quite slowly for such a small game (900mb download). I'm excited though! I'll try it out when it finishes updating.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 am

So.. had a couple of hours on Destiny and it is good but nothing has blown my mind just yet. Limited to a small patch on Earth right now though do all the missions I have played are in the same place.

Good thing is being able to randomly team up with people who happen to be on the map... got me out of a few scrapes. Also have done part of the storyline with some others, however cannot work out how to easily communicate with others... I must be missing something as that should be easy given the purpose of the game community. I pretty much single handedly took down a boss after finding it's weak spots and couldn't work out how to tell the others.

Visuals are good... not great. Think my expectations might be too high. Also, loading screens are quite long. They need to do something about that or vary the animations a bit.

Hopefully the beta will expand as Bungie get more confident with their system.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Cockpit interiors for Elite: Dangerous. In the final game not only will you be able to walk about your own ship but also board other peoples and get out and about at stations and on planets (I am particularly looking forward to visiting Altair and going big game hunting!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Elite Dangerous Beta Trailer-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:21 am

Seen all of Skyrim? Done all the DLC? Well here is my recommended mods for those who want more Skyrim- new lands, new sights to behold, new quests, new people to meet, new secrets to discover.

In no particular order-

1. Moonpath to Elsweyr- one for the tourist this and you head out of skrim in a flying ship. Head off to the sunshine and humidity of the Khajit homelands and get killed by giant spiders in the jungle or mountain lions on the edge of the desert!

2. Beyond Reach- head out beyond the Reach and freeze to a block of ice whilst you swing from a bandit gibbet!

3. Helgen Reborn - Feel bad that Helgen got crisped by Alduin and it was probably your fault? Well step up and rebuild it then you lazy bum!

4. Falskaar- Skyrim not big enough for you? Then head to a whole new land and screw up the lives of a whole new island worth of people.

5. The Fifth Gate- put out the lights, turn up the sound and keep a loo roll and clean underwear handy!

6. The Lost Wonders of Mzark- stuffs lost and it looks pretty damn wonderful, so go find it!

7. The Shadow of Meresis- I hate religious folk in Skyrim and fill them full of arrows on sight, always up to something.

8. Undeath- ok there is one thing worse than religious folk, necromancers. Leave the yucky dead thing alone you pervert!!

9. Wyrmstooth- just when you thought it was all over someone else pops up to burn your arse cheeks charcoal.

Honourable mentions-

Civil War Overhaul- Not a quest mod as such, more a redo of the games civil war- making it fun, good, and with a winner, or a loser, and yes you can now lose the war. Requires a new game but if you are having a replay it will entirely alter the civil war making it actually important, with real effects on the game world and dynamic results depending on player actions-

Also some companions come with quests of their own for you to get involved in that can add considerable play time to the game, of those I recommend- Vilja, Inigo, Anduniel and Arissa. They are all also fully voiced with combined thousands of lines of unique dialogue and are quest and location aware.

All mods can be downloaded from the Skyrim nexus.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:16 am

I personally can't wait for Beyond Skyrim to be finished.

High Rock

Cyrodiil

I may not get Middle Earth with MERP, but I may be able to settle for all of Tamriel instead.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:29 am

In a similar vein RA have you seen this- TES ARena- it puts town and villages into Skyrim that were present in TES Arena, and it takes account of the time thats passed since.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:18 am

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 39 5MWwGOd

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 39 Djdl81i

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 39 3Vl1hJ5

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 39 ZzdOjW3

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:38 am

Shocked  That's fiendish

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:13 am

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Now this has got me interested- a new Silent Hill that looks to be going back to the psychological horror of the legendary SH2- and its got Hideo Kojma making it along with Guilmerro Del Toro.

Not sure about the title name though.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Has anyone heard the news that GOG is beginning to sell DRM free movies now? They're mostly documentaries about the games industry, but I thought it was interesting.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:42 pm

I do like GOG. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 pm

I like them too. It's good that at least one digital storefront exists that doesn't subscribe to the notion that customers shouldn't own the games they buy. Very Happy

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Anyone else here played 'The Last of Us'...?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next