Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 20 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed May 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Actually, they aimed at them to some extent with FIFA. The Ultimate Team game mode is only available on Xbox.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 20 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by RA Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Lorient Avandi wrote:There are plenty of other more legitimate things to be bugged by (used game fee, possibly high price point, 24 hr disconnection limit) but I guess those are just rumors.

This is mostly why people are annoyed and Microsoft has been incredibly vague.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/4354796/xbox-one-always-online-requirement-used-games-confusion

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Fun fact. Sony's stock rose ten percent right after the presentation.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu May 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Due to something completely unrelated, they are considering splitting their entertainment division. Had it actually had anything to do with the presentation, Microsoft stock would have dropped.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:
Lorient Avandi wrote:There are plenty of other more legitimate things to be bugged by (used game fee, possibly high price point, 24 hr disconnection limit) but I guess those are just rumors.

This is mostly why people are annoyed and Microsoft has been incredibly vague.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/4354796/xbox-one-always-online-requirement-used-games-confusion
that was what people were upset about prior to the presentation. Since then, most people I've seen have been relatively quiet on that, and upset at the Cable stuff and lack of games announced

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Well it looks like a vcr from the 1990's- a big chunk of the presentation only seemed to be of interest to NFL fans living in North America.
And when he was boasting about how easy it was to switch between games, web and tv I was looking at my screen, with several webpages on tabs, a video of their presentation playing and a game of FTL running in the corner and a picture I was workin gon open in GIMP, thinking, so what? Your big boast is your machine does what Im doing right now, only nowhere near as well? That's your selling point?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri May 24, 2013 7:14 am

Yea... that is their selling point. And it will probably sell because a huge amount of people still see what you described as 'techy' and something they wouldnt be able to do themselves.

Amazing how the concept of a p.c. can strike so much fear in to people!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri May 24, 2013 7:33 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:that was what people were upset about prior to the presentation. Since then, most people I've seen have been relatively quiet on that, and upset at the Cable stuff and lack of games announced
Most of the videos in my YouTube sub box and other forums I frequent are about the always online thing and what exactly Microsoft means when they say," It isn't always online, but it requires an Internet connection."

I'm curious myself; if it isn't always online, what's the timeframe Microsoft's going to give us to re-establish a connection before locking us out of a single player offline game?

I'm also a little sad to see that backwards compatibility is falling out of fashion with the consoles. Out of that bunch this generation only Nintendo still practices it.
It kinda hurts MS's case for this system being the "device that's all in One." It has tv and other streaming services, but can't play 360 games, so either have another device or don't play those games on this "All in one" device.

For me personally, the presentation annoyed me because they didn't even mention the used game block, always online thing and no backwards compatibility; we had to find out about it after the fact like it was some sort of secret.
It made their focus on the tv services seem dishonest as a result.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat May 25, 2013 10:13 am

Apparently the conference has helped boost Wii-U sales quite a bit.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/consumers_go_crazy_for_wii_u_following_xbox_one_reveal
"At the time of writing we’re seeing an increase of 386% as the sales rank of the Wii U Premium Pack skyrockets on Amazon from #243 to #50. With Nintendo’s E3 Wii U Nintendo Direct only weeks away, we should see interest continue to rise as it’s upcoming games are revealed. Some armchair analysts may have written off Nintendo’s home console, but it would seem that the race is far from over."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 12:44 pm

GTA's lead characters- this game gets more incredible looking every time I see it.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun May 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Boring!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Boring! As oposed to say yet another call of honour, duty calls 1st person onrails shooter yawnfest?
Ill take open game worlds and an interwined plot concernining the lives of 3 characters any day over that.
At least Rocktstar are still trying to make good games first and and foremost and a profit second rather than say the EA model where the game being even playable is just a lucky coincidence.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun May 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Bad example there as would also categorize those as boring too.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Im curious- if open world gaming and linear on rails gaming are boring what do you like- platformers?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun May 26, 2013 10:44 pm

I always found GTA games very boring. I did try.....

I also don't like respawn shooters which is what COD is. I know you can do the hardcore settings etc... but it is built around respawn and that just pisses me off.

Shooter wise, I like SOCOM. The latest one is okay, but back in the days of SOCOM 1 and 2 it was (in my opinion) by far the best shooter.

I am not really enjoying many games at the moment.

I am waiting for Xenonauts to get to a stable build. They have built most of the game now and are in a semi-beta stage trying to fix all the bugs. That will be enjoyable.

I didn't get time to get in to Final Fantasy 12... it was engaging enough but could never spare the time to give it a good go. It did feel much more linear than previous installments though.

I'm not really looking forward to anything either. Maybe Decent whenever that comes out. Sounds like it will be good. Nothing else is really hitting my radar.

Gaming is dying!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I dont know if you ever played the groundbreaking Elite way back in the day, or its sequal Frontier,, but they are very fondly remembered and had a huge effect on gaming up to the present day.
One of the original men behind them, David Braben, got a very successful kickstarter project off the ground and the new Elite is now in development with a release schedulded for next year.
Its one of the few games (other than GTA) to have my current interest.

Early days still, but worth keeping an eye on.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:50 pm

ive been playing Morrowind a lot lately (and considering playing Oblivion also) and feel like writing up a big TES "rant" maybe

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:59 am

Petty - xenonauts is in beta and you can now download from steam. Havent gotten far enough in to it to see how stable it is but forum people are saying crashes are infrequent.

You should give it a go.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:35 pm

I will have a look at it Lance.

Zero Punctuation gives his wise advice on which next gen console to go for. As you might expect givent he topic it contains some strong language.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/7417-Next-Gen-Buyers-Guide

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 am

Speaking of Zero Punctuation, you should hear Yahtzee's poem about the Xbox One. It's pretty funny.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Got to love them.

Another Elite Dangerous dev video explaining how the universe will be continually altering and changing from small things like a new space station to big events evolving.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:24 pm

I just shot down my first corvette in xenonauts. Took two f-17 fighters and my big slow mig with its torpedoes.

Also quite enjoyed mopping up the crash site. Laser carbines are quite fun to use!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rigby Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:26 am

Raise your hand if you're a former PS2 owner turned Xbox 360 user now planning to switch to the PS4.
Rigby
Rigby
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylT16QB6Uig#t=36s
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:25 am

So Sony have announced the price for the ps4- $100 cheaper than the xboxnone- and if that didnt get them enough cheers at the announcement this certainly did-

'it would not introduce any new restrictions on pre-owned disc-based games bought from friends or retailers, nor would it require users to regularly authenticate their machines via the internet to allow games to continue being played.'

Welcome back to the no1 slot Sony- microsoft time to shuffle embarrassed and shame faced from the room.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next