Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Ally Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:10 pm

So my plan is: Mage. Wizard. Swordsman. Archer. Sorcerer. Healer. Adventurer. Arch-Mage. Grand Master of the Fighters' Guild. Champion of Cyrodiil. Champion of the Arena. Lord Sheogorath. (Couldn't choose, I knew this would happen. Happens every time. Okay I've decided magic & stealth it seems as good as any Laughing )

So a few hours later. So I spent the last few hours very constructively.

Amili Andalara is her name
Currentely level 7.
*Dunmer
Custom Class- Stealth-oriented

(*I'm using the Moonshadow Elf mod cheers )

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 22330_10

I'm going to complete the Arena & doing misc quests at the mo. I will install some more mods Petty, though I think I'll get a bit further into the game before I install them, saving regularly of course (morrowind taught me that mods can be really cool but that they can also mess up your game real bad Rolling Eyes)

(((Hang on, did I upload the correct picture there? :facepalm:)))

Archeoligists guild guild sounds pretty awesome (There should be one in Markarth in Skyrim!) I think I'll download that one first'

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Looking cool Ally.
I'll post a pic of my Skyrim character if I remeber to.
The archeology mod is called The Lost Spires.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:18 am

My current Skyrim character. Canthiss- he's a Nord but he has being living in the Imperial Capital and is pro Empire.
Handy with a bow and even handier bashing you in the face with his shield and smashing you over the head with an enchanted mace.
The pretty lass is my sidekick and Housecarl, Lydia.
She's not bad with a sword but thanks to the companion mod I've trained her up in magic to give me some supernatural backup in a fight.

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 TESV2012-06-2400-54-20-78
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 TESV2012-06-2400-50-35-49
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 TESV2012-06-2400-49-13-69

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 am

that looks cool Petty, I like your character. Cool how do you get the character? is it like the Sorting Hat process, I dunno cos I never done a game thingy. scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Sorting hats? scratch Well I suppose, but only if you are, well, sorting out a hat for your character.

Its all done with sliding bars mainly- hair colour, style, tatoos, scars skin complexion, chin/nose/ears size and shape ect.
I have a few mods on too effecting appearence- no more blocky faces/detailed faces/eye mod/Apachis hair-mod/cloaks of Skyrim.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:33 am

Amazing shots from the MERP mod for Skyrim- can't wait for this, probably at least a year off still however.

This is a test of the heightfield map -you're looking at the White Mountains on the edge of Rohan here.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 2012-04-25_00008

And Treebeard!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 5 Treebeard

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 am

Still need to play Skyrim. Probalby will when i download it from Xbox LIVE Games on Demand, too bad that mod cant be ported to 360.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Highly recommend it Lorient. Although modded it is much the spurior game- shame the xbox version cant be modded. Check out the Tales of Canthiss and Lydia thread for some Skyrim goodness.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 am

Strong language- everything thats wrong with current gaming company values. Ignore the second part, ironically its an ad for a game wanting your money. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:00 pm

I was hoping to have won the euromillions last night. I think I would have given gaming a go... set up my own game company to bring some substance back to it all again.

Not sure how much the average game costs to make these days, but still would have given it a shot.

Still, was a rollover so bring on Friday!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Two of my favorite radio shows from GTa4- very funny and par tof what makes the GTA universe so unique.

First up GTA's take the piss of Shock Jock Howard Stern. Enjoy the Martin Serious Show.

And my favourite right-wing radio show- the Richard Bastion Show- watch out for those Terrorist Alerts!

And two of my favourite Tv shows

A take the piss of Fox News- Weasel News.

And there take the piss of manga cartoons. Princess Robot Bubblegum.

Its easy to forget how great GTA4 really is and just how much stuff is in it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:13 pm

I've never played GTA but as an anime fan I adore Princess Robot Bubblegum. lol!

Republican Space Rangers is pretty good too. Very Happy

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:22 pm

yeah love the Repbulican Space Rangers- but given I knew you had a taste for manga Eldo I opted for Princess Robot Bubble Gum- besides the line "I didn't order an anime whore" cracks me up every time.

And I recoomend it Eldo- its probably the most immersive game world ever made. From your mobile phone and buying ringtones for it to seeing a billboard as you drive by for a radio show your listening to in the car thats followed by an advert for a tv show you later catch back at your safe house. There is nothing else quite like it and GTA5 is lookinglike it will be simply immense.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm pretty sure it was you (or possibly Ringdrotten) who introduced me to the glory that is PRB and I am eternally grateful. Very Happy Pretty much every single line is extremely quotable. lol!

I've watched some of the gameplay videos you've posted in the past and I've always been impressed by the level of detail in the game world. It's really quite stunning.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 pm

The whole talk radio WKTT from GTA4- just under an hour of quailty GTA satire. Well worth bunging on in the background.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Not a big GTA fan, dont like the genre.

Just finished my first playthrough of Mass Effect though. Extremely well done i thought, even though it is 5 years old.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 pm

ME 1 Lorient- great game. (played it thorugh start to finish at least 4 times) ME2 also a great game, more polished, tighter, but less exploration and side stuff to do (if you can the dlc that goes with it that improves matters quite a bit). Played it twice through with no dlc, twice with. ME3- stunning looking- thats it- played it once will never play it again- EA strikes again with the mass market kiss of death. Evil or Very Mad

When you say you dont like the GTA genre Lorient- do you mean sandbox games or just GTA ones?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:02 am

Definitely looking forward to getting to the rest of the ME series.

By the GTA genre I meant GTA, True Crime, Saints Row, etc.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:08 am

Ahh- GTA is the only one of those I like- the world detail is just so consuming, and the satire appeals to me. I always find it funny when the GTA games are accused of glorifying violene and sex- they are in fact a brilliant satire of our media driven sex and violence world. Its like accusing Dante of glorifying hell.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:43 am

To each his own. I have just never found them appealing.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:09 am

So Petty, what is your opinion of Bethesda doing Elder Scrolls online? ive been meaning to ask you but I just keep forgetting.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am

Does anyone else here play Socom: Special Forces? I really want to do the co-op mode but the only person I know that has got it bought a PS Vita at the same time and hasnt played anything else since!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:47 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:So Petty, what is your opinion of Bethesda doing Elder Scrolls online? ive been meaning to ask you but I just keep forgetting.

IMO, it's a terrible cash in. Most fans of TES won't want to play a watered down MMO with samey gameplay & combat systems; there's enough of those. Hopefully it'll do alright though- Bethesda don't deserve the powers above to ruin their title by developing a terrible mmo Wink

Handing over to Petty

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Im with you on this one Ally- my idea of gaming hell is online gaming. I play games because Im a crabbit bastard and gets me away from other people- not to meet a whole of new ones.

The Elder Scrolls games are about immersion- they dont have a great combat system, they have a functional one -the games fror me have always half been in the players head- you fill out the blanks, like why you are in prison- its about immersing yourself in that place- its not big fights, its not meeting people talking in modern language and being dicks (people always are-more so in online games).

This for me is just another step in the attempt to make all games online only, to control content, and to sell you in 10 bits what you used to pay for once and get out the box.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Is the game in the 3rd person Lorient? Wink Combat hasn't been great- one of skyrims biggest fault, not including bugs, is the lackluster combat IMO. While the magic side of combat improved from Oblivion, the melee is still horrendous and feels like you are chopping through air. Luckily the series has been brilliant in almost every other facet Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next