Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 22 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:35 am

Recoveryanonymous wrote:Is GTA V coming to the PC, you think?
I don't think anything is confirmed, but this article looks promising for PC gamers. If the author is correct in his speculations about Red Dead Redemption, PC gamers can expect to have their minds blown by one of the best games ever created Very Happy

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 22 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 22 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:31 pm

I'd be surprised to see Red Dead on pc after 3 years- but I can see GTA5 making it- after all all the other GTA's are on the pc platform as well.
I do expect a year between console releases and pc however- although I hope not.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:34 am

Always wait on consoles.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Awesome music from an awesome game Smile

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 22 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:47 pm

That's some good listening, Ringo. I was relieved to find that it did not include "Gimme Shelter" or "Run Through the Jungle", much as I do love those songs. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:49 am

Anyone ever play the Witcher Games?
I was hearing something about them when I found out what Good old Games is.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:03 am

I played the last one.
It was visually stunning- puts a fair strain on a pc though at its prettiest. But I found the controls a bit awkward, and combat is pretty unforgiving, although can be satisfying once you get your head round it.
Its not an open world rpg- but you can have a a fair old impact on how things go.

If it wasnt for some control and camera issues and a few other minor niggles Id recommend it- and you will probably like it more if you like your fantasy to be more the Game of thrones adult tits and blood oriented sort as theres plenty of both in it.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:19 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If it wasnt for some control and camera issues and a few other minor niggles Id recommend it- and you will probably like it more if you like your fantasy to be more the Game of thrones adult tits and blood oriented sort as theres plenty of both in it.
Oh maybe I'll pass then. Shrugging 
I think Skyrim heavily modded could be visually nice and I'm looking for a nice graphical game to test out this new rig I put together. At least the next generation is right around the corner.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 am

Im a big Skyrim fan- if you need any mod advice let me know.
But the first best advice I can give is take yourself over to here-

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com//?

Register and download the mod manager- that will make your life one hell of a lot easier.

Other essentials include SKSE (without which most of the best mods wont work)

http://skse.silverlock.org/

and BOSS- which will help with load order issues, which you can find by searching the Nexus site.

Get those installed and you are ready to mod!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 am

I think Skyrim heavily modded could be visually nice- RA

Check out the epics in this thread to see it runnnig on mine- and I'd class my pc as midrange.

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t426-canthiss-and-lydia-a-tale-of-skyrim?highlight=canthiss

(The more recent pages will have pics using the latest mods)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:38 am

It looks pretty nice.
I'm going to wait until there's a Steam Sale to get the Legendary edition though. It's better to install all the dlc before modding right? Compatibility or something?

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 am

Also mods eat into Vram quite a bit right?

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:43 am

Most of the main big mods will have a dlc and non dlc version.
Its generally best to have the official dlc on before you start with modding if you plan to get them- modding a save game mid game is a dodgy matter- ideally you want to have all the mods you want ready to go for when you start playing.

And the first mods to get are the unofficial patch for skyrim and all the mods, fixing all the thing Bethsaida never bothered their arse to. Mad 

Let me know when you get to having the game and I can offer you advise on which mods are best- and which ones might give you some issues.

Skyrim has an unfortunate 3.1gig limit for memory use- if it goes over that it crashes to desktop- unfortunately there doesnt seem to be a way round this- I have the skyrim performance monitor and with all the mods Ive got on Im at about 2.5-2.8 - so Im pretty much at my limit. Even though I have 6 gig. Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:50 am

Unfortunate about the Memory limit. It's probably a 32-bit based game then No 

Does using a Solid State drive help with performance significantly? Very Happy 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:55 am

Im not sure, as I dont have a solid state unfortunately, so cant compare- assuming its pulling sounds and info off the drive though it should help- as always the issue however is at the bottlenecks- not how fast the drive can read, but howfast it can get that information to where its needed.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:04 am

What's your average frame rate with all the mods running, petty? Smile 

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Exteriors 25-35 range.
Interiors 40-60.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:08 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:08 pm

I was just listening to this on my daily commute with earphones.
It's a great track to relax to, I think. Also why I liked Fallout 3 so much.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:13 pm

The music in Fallout is excellent- and not a little disturbing at times to my ears- something just a little skewed about it- like the game in fact and the way it takes a slightly creepy 1950's idea of what the 'gleaming' future will be like, and nukes it!

Pieces like the above must be incredibly tricky to write I think, it has to maintain, or create the atmosphere and tone, yet fit with the player playing the game, and bear a lot of background repetition.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:21 pm

It conveys this sense of freedom and openness very well too.

RA
RA

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah it does that very well- Oblivion, Skyrim, I inevitably turn the in game music off - dont think I did in Fallout 3. Suspect 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Ok I am now far enough into playing the fan made, but as large as official dlc (larger I would say, or at least as large as Dragonborn) Falskaar.

If you have a choice of this or any of the official dlc- get this- and as this is free its a nobrainer.

I wont spoil the story, what I will say is its set on a large island, and its a beautifully crafted believable world- and that last bit is where it beats everything else hands down.
Similarly to Skyrim there is a civil war brewing here- but this one is believable and well thought out. And a large part of this is the dialogue. Conversations are much more natural sounding for the most part and with a wider variety of voice types makes it feel much more like a place of individuals than Skyrim which at times sounds like a room full of voice actors.

Main quests are well paced, well designed and above all interesting, and there is a ton of side missions to do.
Its quite an astonishing achievement that there really is no excuse to miss if you own Skyrim.

And as an added bonus if you want it to look even prettier than it already does many of the big mods like Climates of Tamriel now have patches to work with it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:45 am

Its about time I started looking for a new game to get in to. Pre ordered my ps4... although dont think I will get it on launch. Not too bothered though as imagine the game line up at launch will be as poor as always.

Expecting big things though. Need something epic that will finally knock FF7 from my perch!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:53 am

Skyrim aint bad to fill the gap with Lance.
And then there is GTA when it comes out- and the Dragon Age game Sin mentioned should be worth a look.

Thats three fairly sprawling open worlds to explore that should keep you busy till your ps4 arrives.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next