Turembar
Norc
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
33 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Lancebloke Thu May 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Here we go. I did my RTS/Strategy games a page or 2 back. I have put together lists of what I consider the best games in the genres underlined. I don't have a very extensive RPG history though so not much to go in there... although it does contain my favourite game.

FPS/TPS
Socom 2
Goldeneye
Alien vs Predator (1999)
Timesplitters
Conflict: Desert Storm
Doom 2
Max Payne

RPG (inc Survival Horror)
Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy 8
Vandal Hearts
Final Fantasy 10
Silent Hill

Platform/Shoot em up
Wonder Boy 3: Dragon's Trap
Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Flashback (Amiga 500)
Golden Axe (Mega Drive)
Altered Beast (Mega Drive)
Super Mario Wii
Desert Strike

Sport/Racing
Mario Kart
Destruction Derby
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
FIFA 2002
Ridge Racer
Gran Turismo
Madden 2010
Sonic and Mario Olympics

Combat
Mortal Kombat
Dead or Alive 2
Tekken
Street Fighter 2

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 Empty Re: Favourite computer games of all time.

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Holy Holodeck Batman! thats quite a list! Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Good list Lance.
I'd go for SH2 over 1. And Forbidden Siren would make my survival horror list and Fatal Frame.

Never has taking a picture been more scary!

And of course no RPG list is complete without Dungeon Master.

I've never been a big platform fan for some reason, not since the old days of the speccy as platform was the mainstay- maybe thats why- all played out in the early days of gaming! But if I had a platform list Lemmings would make it on to it as would Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy.

I'd add Dino Dini's Kick off series to the sport list and Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix and Stunt Car Racer. Its worth getting an amiga emu just for stunt car racer alone.

No Soul Calibur on your fighting list?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendalf Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Lance!

No Final Fantasy IX, then? Why didn't it make your list? It didn't make mine as, despite the fact that its art style was enchanting and its characters were charming, its actual systems were a little too straightforward and some of its secrets were just ludicrous. The card game was great, though.

I've not played an enormous number in the FPS genre but remember being completely taken in by Half Life 2, Red Faction and the much more recent (and, yes, downright fun) Borderlands.

And as for Platformers, for me, it's PlayStation's Ape Escape all the way!

Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Blimey I had forgotten Half-life. Shocked That opening in the original was genius at the time, the long ride in the tram deeper and deeper into Black Mesa. Going to work, greeting the security guy at the desk, getting suited up and going into the chamber to do your boring job of shoving stuff about- and then all hell breaks lose. Brilliant stuff. Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 1918643206

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri May 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Kendalf wrote:Lance!

No Final Fantasy IX, then? Why didn't it make your list?

I didn't like FF9 much at all. I played it all the war through and it just got a little pointless to me. I didnt think much of the main characters, the summons (Eidolons were they?) may as well have not bothered being there (the same as some of the more modern ones) and the completely random end boss was stupid. I don't like spending the whole game chasing some idea and end up fighting something I didn't even know existed.... doesn't make me really want to smash it up that much. Kuja was a little lame too.

I never finished FF12 either. The story lost me when I headed down to Gran Pulse.... I didn't really feel bought in to the characters and couldnt have really cared much if any of them had died, been a hero or picked their nose really. FF7, 8 and 10 all had that. I wanted to find how their stories all ended. 7 was the only one that I really wanted to fight te big boss and everything else in the world that you could fight. I found the story very intricate, lots of different layers going on the I wanted to get through. They story could have gone over 200 discs and I would have wanted to carry on.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Been playing Skyrim with a bunch of mods added. The main ones being frostbite, natural lighting and the monster mod.
I cannot recommend these mods highly enough, particularly the combination of the first two. The frostbite mod makes the world dangerous, iced water can freeze you death, all clothing and armour has an exposure rating so that fancy armour might look good but will it stop you freezing to death on top of a mountain? Combined with the lighting mod which makes night properly dark, adds fierce weather-blizzards, huge storms, driving blinding rain, fogs and mists- and Skyrim the world is suddenly a much more daunting, and interesting place to be.
They really change the way you play, do you take the long way round the mountains, or risk going up over them. Do you keep your good armour on or switch to the poorer, but much warmer fur? Will you risk staying out on a mountain at night in the dark with a bunch of evil things lurking out there? Or do you divert from your route to try to make it to an inn for the night? Or take refuge in a cave with all the potential hazards that can entail?
Truelly these are two of the best mods I have seen, including Oblivions. They completly alter how you approach everything you do in the game.
And it looks great to-heres some pics- huge I know but I didnt want to scale them down and lose the lovely detail.

Sunset in Solitude
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2204-46-15-84

Leaving the city for a spot of adventure.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2204-57-05-25

Wandering the woods and waterways.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2204-59-12-77

And running into trouble.
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2204-59-46-86

Look, a cave!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2215-52-50-28
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2215-53-16-26

Fort Trouble no doubt
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2215-36-23-84

Oh dear Undead
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2215-39-57-85

Its the Necromancer!!
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2215-41-09-88

Uh-oh
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2216-27-52-22

Would you like a mint?
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2216-12-34-36

The Road goes ever on and on
Favourite computer games of all time. - Page 4 TESV2012-05-2215-30-29-27

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 pm

I found playing on adept to be extremely hard, I was getting my ass kicked in virtually every single dungeon, looking back I probably shouldn't have chosen all the smithing, speech and enchanting perks (The character was suppose to be a mage Rolling Eyes)

The ability to apply mods is the one thing I miss playing on xbox. I remember this amazing mod years back which merged morrowind and skyrim into one game. A few glitches (to the extent that I would have to save nearly every minute) granted, but it really was a great project. Don't know what's happened to that now. There is a great modding community though (I used to post on this one particular mod's user forum under the name All if any of you happen to read this Very Happy) even for the older elder scroll games which is really nice Wink

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 22, 2012 10:50 pm

They say they are trying to find a way to buy up the rights to the best of the pc mods and put them onto xbox as dlc. I'm guessing therefore they will also charge a fee for them whereas mods are free on the pc.
I've been toying about a bit withe construction kit (sadly also only on pc)- if I can get the hang of it (and it seems a lot better than the complex last version for Oblivion) I plan on having a go at recreating Forumshire! Complete with quests to get me my buckie back and helping out Orwell's tangled releationships and the like. (The bad guys will of course be the Dark Planet-sorry Amarie!)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Colonial Marines game footage trailer (sort of)

Hopefully, finally, someone has done a decent aliens game- not been one since the first AvP on the jaguar (and its excellent sort of sequal on the pc many moons ago).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 pm

AvP that you mention on the P.C was a great game. For one so old, it managed to capture the 'shit your pants' spirit of the films and things like the movement of the aliens and way gns and things worked was great.

I am wary of this one a little... the movement of the aliens seems very poor. also, at one point in one of the demos (might be yours) there is clearly a piece where you are meant to stop and watch the alien eating some dude because if you go in gns blazing it takes a ton do damage and doesnt die until i gets up after you. hope that got fixed!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 23, 2012 8:30 pm

I was a bit worried about some of the animation too and that there seemed to be echoes, to me anyway, of the Call of Duty boring as hell set piece, going on. But I have some hope because its from Gearbox, and more from the gearbox team that did the Brothers in Arms series which I loved the strategy element of- and as this is about a team of colonial marines I was (and still am ) hoping for this to have a similar strategic element to lift it above the call of duty crowd of brainlessness.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by VHPStudio Sun May 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Not remakes as such but done in a classic style I've also included Master Syrus' two excellent Star Wars games- Battle of Endor and Battle of Yavin. These also have the mod pack with them with new textures- but Ive never been able to get it to work on win7 the ships just appear blank and white with the mod on- so if you have this problem reinstall without applying the mod. (If you work out how to fix it let me know!)
Hello... Just change the destination folder of the game to : "C:\Program Files\STARWARS_TheBattleOfEndor_v21" and not in "Program Files (x86)"
This MOD only works in this folder, otherwise this, you have white texture on most objects.

Greetings... Smile

VHPStudio

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Welcome to the forum VHP. cheers
And thankyou- that worked a treat-games looking lovely again.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:40 am

One thing you can say for the Elder Scrolls games they always have a cracking rousing theme tune- Skyrim is no exception.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:One thing you can say for the Elder Scrolls games they always have a cracking rousing theme tune- Skyrim is no exception.

Um, that would be because they're all exactly the same (Morrowind's version is the best!)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Not exactly the same Ally. Variations on a theme- I like the Imperial styled one from Oblivion.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Yes thanks for that Petty Rolling Eyes (the intro to Oblivion admittedly was far superior...one of my favourite intros to a game in fact)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Anything with a Patrick Stewart voice-over is automatically excellent. Known fact. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Anything with a Patrick Stewart voice-over is automatically excellent. Known fact. Nod

Didn't Star Trek suck tho?

(Just found an old lp log for Morrowind I created back at the end of 2011 where I play as this dude called "Odo", it's pretty awful but looking at it I've found Mrs Figg in one of the screenshots so I'm torn about uploading it- it is pretty awful mind Razz)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Didn't Star Trek suck tho?- Ally

affraid What?
Mr Stewart was the finest Captain to grace the bridge of the Enterprise.
And to prove it watch this- yes I know its quite long but rarely do you get to see two such distinguished British actors given such good material in a sci-fi (although it owes a bit to a certain Mr Orwell).
Brilliant stuff, enjoy.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Didn't Star Trek suck tho?- Ally

affraid What?
Mr Stewart was the finest Captain to grace the bridge of the Enterprise.
And to prove it watch this- yes I know its quite long but rarely do you get to see two such distinguished British actors given such good material in a sci-fi (although it owes a bit to a certain Mr Orwell).
Brilliant stuff, enjoy.

Doesn't beat his role in Oblivion though (his son was Sean Bean!!!) Might watch it a bit later tho...

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:23 am

Two of my favorite actors! I remember seeing this episode on tv a few years back.
Patric is wonderful. For whatever reason I never remember what that other guy is called, but each time he shows up on screen I go "it's HIM! cheers " and get lost in his voice and posture and everything. Who cares what he's called, I just adore what he does. Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Well I'm going to spend today playing oblivion (hoping for a clean install) my life is so exciting!

(Saw this again from the video Petty posted and I just had to start again)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:02 pm

I recommend getting a few mods Ally- Marts Monster Mod springs to mind and The Oblivion overhaul- for pretties go for the chimney smoke and window lighting mod and the weather mod. No psychic guards is a good one- and crowded roads too. And if you like playing a ranger the ranger mod is a must.
For quests I recommend the archeoligists guild mod-superb.
And get the modinstaller prog to do all the hard work for you. Nod (Edit add- just remembered- the mod installer is called - omod - you should be able to find it easy enough and when downloading mods always get the omod version when there is one).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next