Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Ally Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 am

Mrs Figg wrote:thanks Ally, erm no I dont know how to do layers or masks, I dont have proper photoshop just Elements which gives you the basics, it probably does have layering and masking facilities though. I just fiddle and twiddle with the colours basically. Embarassed I dont have a proper computer either, just a notebook thingy, I wish I had a mac, and photoshop lessons. Very Happy

Yeah it's a bummer not having a proper computer, it's one of the few things I miss about school! Well you obviously have a knack for fiddling and twiddling with the colours because they all look really good Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:38 am

thanks Ally for the compliment, I am glad you like the pictures. Very Happy I have done one of Fangorn from Daves photo, it was inspiring me and I couldnt resist.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Hohrainforest27

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:43 am

Fairies!! Very Happy It's a fairy forest!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:58 am

I tried to get this to look like the Grey Havens from ROTK. Wink I wish it was bigger but I dont know how or if its possible to do that.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 9863168-large9
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 9863168-large
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 pm

I also fiddled with the photos Smile and since I love forests like that I googled up some more ^^ dunno where the originals for the google pictures, but just google hoh rainforest Smile
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Hoh_ra13
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Ferns_10
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Hall_o10
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Hoh_ra11
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Hoh_ra12
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:02 pm

YES! That's about an hour and a half north of my farm. I've hiked up the Hoh River valley many times. The trail follows the valley for 10 or 15 miles, then lets you either climb up to Mount Olympus or over a mountain pass to some beautiful lakes. I'll see if I can find pictures.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:10 pm

OK, if you hike about 10 miles up the Hoh River Trail you'll either turn left and climb up to Bogachiel ridge here:

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 6262902454_06a6db33e0_z

Last edited by David H on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:13 pm

....or go straight and climb up the Blue Glacier to Mt Olympus.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Blueglacier
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Like the Fangorn Mrs Figg- and dont know about photoshop but I can give you handy tips for Gimp and no once again, no masks or big dresses involved, not even rubber ones Wink )

Lovely pics Dave- now that is a cool looking mountain.

Here's my go at the Ithilien pic.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Ith1

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:11 pm

those look lke the red fumes of Mordor Petty, did you use a mask thingy? and whats a gimp? scratch

Norc I posted the original alongside my Fangorn one. Very Happy

Love the new pics Dave, that first one looks kind of lunar. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Norc I posted the original alongside my Fangorn one. Very Happy

i know, I meant for the other four of five pictures I posted, cause I edited them as well Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:09 pm

I love what you're doing with the forest! The fog will actually rise from the ground and flow down the trail like that, a lot like the fog on the moors, but I it's really hard to get pictures in the deep woods in half light.
Mrs Figg wrote:

Love the new pics Dave, that first one looks kind of lunar. Very Happy

It does, doesn't it? That area was carved by a glacier that only melted a few centuries ago, and it's under deep snow more than half the year, so the water is crystal clear and tastes like a magical elixir. I was thinking some of you photo wizards might see a resemblance to a deforested Isengard if it was fouled up a bit....
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:33 pm

poor old Isengard pale

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 6262902454_06a6db33e0_z5
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:34 pm

You have indeed made that look rather grim and sad Mrs Figg. Sad Well done! Very Happy

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Very nicely fouled, Mrs Figg. I don't think I'll ever look at those lakes the same way again. Sad
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:17 pm

thanks guys I really appreciate your comments. Razz I think that other pic of the mountain would make a good one for the path up the mountain Caradhras.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:27 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 6314-27
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Nice Mrs Figg- stick some fog in there and its perfect for the Barrow Downs.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Barrow Downs hey? not a bad idea, I may try to find something else, for this one I was thinking that bit in the film in Fellowship before Caradhras where they have to hide from Sarumans bird spies and they all dive to cover under rocks and bushes, cant remember the exact place its supposed to be. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Hollin, or thereabouts Mrs Figg.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:34 pm

This is my version of the part in the story where they are in the Old Forest... there stood a green hill-top, treeless, rising like a bald head out of the encircling forest

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Bartlow20burial20mound20no2077
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 pm

A bit Barrow Moundy but not exactly what I wanted, probably do another of these.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 30204557
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:39 pm

maybe a part of Rohan?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 Chief_Joseph_0628
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:15 am

Old Man Willow

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 3497252934_7bd5bcdbbb_z8
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 4_1208205540_1-carnac-menhirs7

Barrow Downs in the fog
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 24 18805499
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next