Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:01 pm

that cloud looks like Smaug wondering whats for lunch. its beautiful. pale

Yooper I love that picture of the tree on the rock, it reminds me of the FOTR where they come ashore before the waterfalls or Rouros and Boromir follows Frodo to some rocky ruins. Sad

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Norc Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:03 pm

it does look like the falls of Rauros. or maybe before that Wink
We have a place in Norway called Rauros or Røros. It's almost pronounced the same, but because Raud and Rød means exactly the same, you can say Rauros. Isn't that cool!?!?!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Yooper I really hope you dont mind but your photo is so great it inspired me too. I tried to make it like I imagined at the Rouros Falls, if you do mind me using your photo feel free to tell me. I hope you like it. pale

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Npgehw2
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Thats a very good attempt to match the colouring PJ uses Mrs Figg.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:25 pm

I don't mind at all about altering the photo. I think the recolored versions are cool Smile
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

https://facebook.com/david.head.9085

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Yooper thanks for not minding me messing with your photo. its a beautiful place, I would like to see it for real. Razz

Thanks Petty, thats a great compliment. I did have a bit of trouble with the rocks, I would have liked less pink and more grey, but I didnt know how to do that. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 pm

yeah, great that you don't mind.. I was afraid you might sue us :S re-colouring is fun ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:15 pm

You need to learn to use masks Mrs Figgs (and no not the sort you wear at a ball where you all throw your carriage keys in a bowl Mad ) then you can adjust only the areas you want to.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Embarassed that sounds fun, the photoshop thingy that is.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:01 pm

ok second attempt. going for a shaft of light at evening kinda thing. Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Npgehw23
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:28 pm

A fine start Mrs Figg indeed. If I may make a suggestion if you tint the pic a very light silvery-blue colour it will give the appearence of moonlight.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:29 pm

ok 3rd attempt, added some fairy juice, the blue tint made the whites go blue so I didnt use it.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Npgehw234
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:35 pm

here are some other pics, from locations near the one with the tree. With some editing, I think the last one could make an excellent Tol Brandir.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 3501e92
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 2ptaxav
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 2uel89t
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:10 am

Cracking pics yooper.

I couldn't resit having a muck about with the other photo too.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Untitled

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Tol

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:56 am

And there we have it: Tol Brandir a la buckie.. Nice!
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Buckie makes anything possible- was a bit of a hasty go at it that one though, needs more buckie Nod - will probably have another go- getting the right shot of a waterfall is suprisingly tricky.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:48 pm

ok Yooper heres my version, I wanted the water to look like silver Mithril, a kind of dwarvish feel

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 2uel89t235
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 am

I had a go too.
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 2uel8910
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:03 am

he he its fun messing about in boats. Laughing
heres my silvery moonlight photo.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 2ptaxav3

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:05 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 2ptaxa10
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks Yooper for letting me play with your photos, I am barricaded inside at the moment because of the heat, and its nice to have something fun to do. If anyone has some photos that could look like Middle Earth and dont mind me altering them feel free to post them. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 pm

I found this photo of Sardinia and turned it into Ithilien with the road to Mordor in the background. pale

'The dusk was deep when at length they set out, creeping over the westward rim of the dell, and fading like ghosts into the broken country on the borders of the road: The moon was now three nights from the full, but it did not climb over the mountains until nearly midnight, and the early night was very dark. A single red light burned high up in the Towers of the Teeth, but otherwise no sign could be seen or heard of the sleepless watch on the Morannon'

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Sardwalks2

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I found this photo of Sardinia and turned it into Ithilien with the road to Mordor in the background. pale

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Sardwalks
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 23 Sardwalks2

Is the top/bottom of that different layers? Or can you select a region of a layer and apply different filters to each one within a single layer? I forget. Cool nevertheless!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:32 am

thanks Ally, erm no I dont know how to do layers or masks, I dont have proper photoshop just Elements which gives you the basics, it probably does have layering and masking facilities though. I just fiddle and twiddle with the colours basically. Embarassed I dont have a proper computer either, just a notebook thingy, I wish I had a mac, and photoshop lessons. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next